YA and Beyond discussion

MONTHLY BOOK READS > March 2014

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Heidi (Yup. Still here.)  | 6961 comments Mod
Ok. Are we still good with the "hidden gems" theme?? Anyone have a nomination? If not, I have several (may need a poll to decide!) Just let me know!

Ok here is my hidden gems list again. Whale Talk by Chris Crutcher Okay for Now by Gary D. Schmidt Crazy by Han Nolan Chasing Brooklyn by Lisa Schroeder The Hero's Guide to Saving Your Kingdom (The League of Princes, #1) by Christopher Healy The Raging Quiet by Sherryl Jordan Sorta Like a Rock Star by Matthew Quick Boy21 by Matthew Quick Do any of these books strike anyone's fancy for the March read?? I may send one of these Around the World too if others are game for another round of that :)

message 3: by Heidi (Yup. Still here.) (last edited Feb 08, 2014 12:31PM) (new)

I am thinking since March is "March Madness" Boy 21 Boy21 Boy21 by Matthew Quick might be a good pick because it is about basketball. It is a very quick read too so that helps. It is not for everyone because it is a little weird but then again so am I! p.s. you need not be a sports lover to read this one.

message 4: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (juliababyjen) | 1572 comments I've been wanting to read Boy 21, so I vote for that!

Woot! I think Cassi told me she wanted to wait until March to read it last year so hopefully she will join in as well.

message 6: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ | 2471 comments Mod
Oh yeah, I've been meaning to read that as well. :)

Yay! It is very different but all Matthew Quick books are that I have read so far. Should get some good comments either way. Brigid if you have any hidden gems for April keep them in mind!

message 8: by Rolenda (new)

Rolenda (len12) | 89 comments You might want to check this out The Lies of Locke Lamora (Gentleman Bastard, #1) by Scott Lynch :)

Rolenda would you like to nominate that one for April??

message 10: by Rolenda (new)

Rolenda (len12) | 89 comments yes

Will do

Cassi aka Snow White Haggard | 65 comments This book was SOOO good. I need to post my review to Goodreads (it's already on the blog). In my top basketball books.

Yay! I knew you would like it.