UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

Matt Rothwell
This topic is about Matt Rothwell
Meet the Authors > Matt Rothwell

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Matt (last edited Feb 02, 2014 07:09AM) (new)

Matt Rothwell Hello there.

Introduction
I’m Matt Rothwell and am fast approaching the big five-oh, yet in my own reality I’ve been twenty-six for years. With greying temples, two dodgy knees and occasional short term memory lapses I might have to concede and acknowledge my thirties before the year is out.

My Collected Works
It won’t take you long to collect them: two. Both have been published in paperback and Kindle format. To fully complete my canon, back in the mid 1990s I wrote the letter of the month in Four Four Two football magazine.

Drunk in Charge of a Foreign Language: The Diary of a Spanish Misadventure was my first book published in 2007 (Kindle 2010). You’ll get the gist from checking out the link. As a travel writer I describe myself as being in the ‘if Irvine Welsh did travel with a Wolverhampton accent’ mould. I was lucky enough to get it into Waterstones, which helped propel it into a second and then third print run. On Kindle it started off quietly and then sold well throughout 2011/12, although it has tailed off somewhat over the last six months. My favourite review for 'Drunk' came from my dad - “I really enjoyed that, not sure if it’s any good or not, but I really enjoyed it”. Another favourite was a two star on Amazon that just ranted about my not paying any taxes. I’ve always wondered whether that was a typo and that they might have known me at university.

With my work-life balance being very imbalanced it took me quite a while to get around to writing again. The Electric Guitar Daydream Quest was published (paperback and Kindle) in November 2013. It covers my twenty year quest trying to make it in a rock band. Waterstones decided against stocking it this time, so it looks very unlikely that a second print run will be ordered anytime soon. The paperback version is listed as a giveaway here on GR.

The Future
My work-life balance is now rather imbalanced the other way. With plenty of time to tap away on the laptop, I’m currently collaborating on a script for a pilot episode of 'Drunk', and am in training for my third book, which will be a return to the ‘if Irvine Welsh did travel.......’ genre. As long as my knees hold out, it should be ready towards the end of 2015.

message 2: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25093 comments Hi Matt - welcome to the group! I know exactly what you mean - I've been twenty-five for forty years! ;)

message 3: by David (new)

David Staniforth (davidstaniforth) | 7939 comments Kath wrote: "Hi Matt - welcome to the group! I know exactly what you mean - I've been twenty-five for forty years! ;)"

You mean you decided to be twenty-five at the age of fifteen ;~)

message 4: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25093 comments David wrote: "Kath wrote: "Hi Matt - welcome to the group! I know exactly what you mean - I've been twenty-five for forty years! ;)"

You mean you decided to be twenty-five at the age of fifteen ;~)"

You smooth beggar - I love you! xxx

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Funny that, I'm rapidly approaching my fifties and I'm really about 23!

message 6: by Matt (new)

Matt Rothwell Thanks for the welcome.
Glad to see that I'm not the only twenty something nearly fifty year old.

message 7: by David (new)

David Hadley | 4873 comments It is odd when you realise you children are older than you still think you are.

message 8: by Matt (new)

Matt Rothwell Thanks to those who entered the giveaway.

If you didn't come out on top, I have inside info that there is an Amazon price promo on kindle versions of Matt Rothwell books from 10PM(GMT) tonight until Sunday.