Revolution RP discussion

Opinion Debate Folder! > Should Sharks be killed to save humanity?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 214 (214 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by Khione (new)

Khione  (vamplover25) Should sharks be killed to save humanity? Or should they be saved?
Put down your opinions, thoughts, feelings.

message 2: by Khione (new)

Khione  (vamplover25) Yes they should be killed. They've killed or injured us more than we have. They should be killed to save us.

message 3: by The Phantom, Mastermind MOD (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 3578 comments Mod
No! Sharks don't just randomly attack people. Humans need to be better educated to avoid the risk of shark attacks!

message 4: by Khione (new)

Khione  (vamplover25) And what would you suggest in the 'education?'

message 5: by The Phantom, Mastermind MOD (new)

Things like "Don't go swimming in shark infested waters. They bite."

message 6: by Khione (new)

Khione  (vamplover25) So we should live in fear and stay away from water just because some life threating creature is there. What good are they to us alive, when all they seem to do is murder us one by one?
Regardless whether we ignore the warning signs or not.

message 7: by The Phantom, Mastermind MOD (new)

Basically, yes. We do the same to other dangerous animals, hippopotami, crocodiles, lions. They don't hunt humans unless humans invade into their territory.

message 8: by Khione (new)

Khione  (vamplover25) So that gives them the right to kill us? They don't know how to share and they shouldn't own the ocean as it's for not only humans but sea creatures with less harmful and dangerous intentions.
Yes we would kill other animals but only if they are a threat to us.

message 9: by The Phantom, Mastermind MOD (new)

Ignoring humans, the extinction of a major predator would devastate ocean ecosystems anyway...

message 10: by Khione (new)

Khione  (vamplover25) How exactly? Who needs sharks to live? And that I mean sea creatures.

message 11: by The Phantom, Mastermind MOD (new)

No-one. But removing the top predator will lead to a surge of consumers, destroying plant life. No plant life will cause the consumers to die, and the entire ecosystem collapses.

message 13: by Breanna Joy (new)

Breanna Joy | 1927 comments Phantom's right about exterminating sharks disrupting the entire ocean community. Many sharks don't eat people, and those that do don't do it for no reason. There are less killings from sharks than from plane crashes

message 14: by The Phantom, Mastermind MOD (new)

And less deaths from ecstasy than horse-riding!

ᏖᎥᏁᏦᏋᏒ ᏰᏋᏝᏝ | 701 comments There is a more likely chance of dying from bee stings than shark attacks.

message 16: by The Phantom, Mastermind MOD (new)

Wha-hey! Lots of statistics that ultimately mean nothing!

ᏖᎥᏁᏦᏋᏒ ᏰᏋᏝᏝ | 701 comments I'm on the no side of this debate. Sharks are my animal. I love them they are amazing.

message 18: by The Phantom, Mastermind MOD (new)

As am I.

ᏖᎥᏁᏦᏋᏒ ᏰᏋᏝᏝ | 701 comments I'm confused

message 20: by The Phantom, Mastermind MOD (new)

I'm against shark extinction as well.
I'm just saying repeating one point doesn't help our cause.

ᏖᎥᏁᏦᏋᏒ ᏰᏋᏝᏝ | 701 comments I just joined in x)

message 22: by The Phantom, Mastermind MOD (new)

OK!

message 23: by Breanna Joy (new)

Breanna Joy | 1927 comments and if we get rid of them completely, we can't get them back

message 24: by The Phantom, Mastermind MOD (new)

Exactly! At least not yet.
Who knows in five years?
We might have mammoths again.

ᏖᎥᏁᏦᏋᏒ ᏰᏋᏝᏝ | 701 comments Plus there would be a traumatic environmental consequences, such as over population, and extinction of species that the sharks hunt. Besides we already overfish sharks way to much!!! In china and Japan specifically we hunt them cut off their dorslphin and other fins (pardon my spelling) then through them back into the water ALIVE but without their fins so other sharks will smell their blood and show up so they can kill more of them!

message 26: by The Phantom, Mastermind MOD (new)

"and extinction of species that the sharks hunt."
Eventually, but only as an indirect consequence.

ᏖᎥᏁᏦᏋᏒ ᏰᏋᏝᏝ | 701 comments Still a very impacting one

message 28: by The Phantom, Mastermind MOD (new)

Yes. And I pointed it out earlier.

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

And- I don't know what eats sharks- but it would be a disruption to the sealife food chain.

message 30: by The Phantom, Mastermind MOD (new)

Nothing hunts sharks. But dead sharks are eaten by many smaller fish and bacteria.

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

I also agree with Tinker Bell- people make shark fin soup! They should not kill sharks. We do not need another species to become extinct.

message 32: by The Phantom, Mastermind MOD (new)

Agreed, it is unnecessary.

ᏖᎥᏁᏦᏋᏒ ᏰᏋᏝᏝ | 701 comments Awesome A wrote: "So that gives them the right to kill us? They don't know how to share and they shouldn't own the ocean as it's for not only humans but sea creatures with less harmful and dangerous intentions.
Yes ..."

Well there are some problems with the statement made above "They don't know how to share" welllllll technically they shouldn't have to... It's their home.... It'd be like someone you tolerate showing up at your house uninvited eating your food, making a mess in your house, yelling at you for being there then leaving their mess behind and getting mad at you when you accidentally yell at them mistaking them for a annoying sibling ...
It's not right and it wouldn't be fair either. Why should they have to share? Why do we then get mad demanding that they should be hunted and killed for a case of mistaken identy?

message 34: by Khione (new)

Khione  (vamplover25) ᏖᎥᏁᏦᏋᏒ ᏰᏋᏝᏝ wrote: "Awesome A wrote: "So that gives them the right to kill us? They don't know how to share and they shouldn't own the ocean as it's for not only humans but sea creatures with less harmful and dangero..."

Nice agurment. I'm impressed.

ᏖᎥᏁᏦᏋᏒ ᏰᏋᏝᏝ | 701 comments You're impressed I can argue?

message 36: by Breanna Joy (new)

Breanna Joy | 1927 comments XD

message 37: by Khione (new)

Khione  (vamplover25) ᏖᎥᏁᏦᏋᏒ ᏰᏋᏝᏝ wrote: "You're impressed I can argue?"

No. I was impressed with your statement. Don't worry, when I'm actually awake, I'll hit you with all I got. :) (Hitting meaning coming up with better arguments. :) )

message 38: by The Phantom, Mastermind MOD (new)

Go ahead. I'm here to rebuke you.

message 39: by Khione (new)

Khione  (vamplover25) I look forward to it.

message 40: by The Phantom, Mastermind MOD (new)

Good. Hit be with your best shot.

message 41: by Khione (new)

Khione  (vamplover25) Will do.

message 42: by The Phantom, Mastermind MOD (new)

Go on then! You've posted a nothingness twice!

message 43: by Khione (new)

Khione  (vamplover25) It'll come. I'm tired I worked really hard today.

message 44: by The Phantom, Mastermind MOD (new)

You've had 5 days

message 45: by Khione (last edited Feb 07, 2014 05:11PM) (new)

Khione  (vamplover25) Sharks are life threating creatures, who deserves to be killed off as all they seem to do is kill. They're nothing more than something that should be killed off.
We don't need them and we should be able to do whatever we want without being scared of the water.
They should share as they shouldn't be treated like gods in the water.
Even if we share them, they're the ones who come closer to the coast or shore.
We are all but a buffet to them.
They shouldn't have any existence. What good are they to us?
(Happy Phantom?)

ᏖᎥᏁᏦᏋᏒ ᏰᏋᏝᏝ | 701 comments They aren't treated like gods they it is their home!! If we did what we want what's next killing off people because we don't like how they act? And you're using false information if you think we are their man food source. ALL shark attacks are by mistake of eye. They see us in the water doing things that their prey does naturally in the water and mistake us for their prey. When people die from shark attacks it's because they bleed out. What it isn't from is from them eating us. If you think about shark attacks, save a few, there is one main bite possible two then it's done. Most people that die from the attacks are because they lose to much blood. And the people who usually get bit more than once is because of the blood in the water, again we have done something like their prey we bleed into the water which confuses them draws them back in an they attack again. Yes it is their 'fault' we are bleeding, but if we wouldn't have been mimicking their prey the attack wouldn't happen. And why are we even in the water? We are some of the only creatures that use the water and think it is our own. We are LAND animals and when we cross into ANY different territory than that we are out of our main territory and run a risk. When we go into another creatures territory it will ALWAYS be a risk. Besides the more you think about you realizes we are sharks. We are the sharks of our territory so called at the top of the food chain. Sharks and humans do the same thing, kill. Only we are aware of when we do it if it is wrong or not they are not. Sharks are amazing creatures capable of amazing things! To kill them off would be like killing off our own. If humans don't start realizing that we DO NOT own the earth we are going to lose it from pollution, to killing off threats, or to many other terrible things. I have a very high respect for sharks. At my school they call me shark girl because I am in love with the beauty of this creature. They have might and power, yet beauty and grace. Look at them just once with the mind set of not these are killers, but this is an amazing creature who is capable of killing, yet capable of peace and beauty and wonder. Also it has been shown many times on shark week about how most sharks only attack when food is involved and since we AREN'T food, they responded peacefully with the people who did the experiment. The sharks are very curious creatures, who could be compared to a child. A child who is just curious about what this strange creature is in the water they go up to figure out what it is and the only way they know how to figure out what it is to use their mouth to figure it out. How can you not see the beauty and feel just engulfed in pure awe as you look at these powerful creatures?
why should we be in control?
what makes us better than the sharks we kill, yet we KNOW when it's wrong they do not?
why should WE have the right to 'own' the ocean when they were their first?

ali  ᵏᵉᵉᵖ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵐᵒᵘᵗʰ ˢʰᵘᵗ (time_wont_fly) | 549 comments Here is my great contributing to this-

If you are terrified of sharks, don't go near them. Everyone knows that sharks live in the water, so if you are that scared of being bitten, just don't go in the water.

And don't provoke them. I mean, most people don't provoke them, but oh well.

And if you don't mind the risk. Go into the water. If you get bit? Oh well then *shrugs* you're screwed. You took the risk, you know there are sharks, you knew what MIGHT happen. It just so happened to be you were the slowest one to make it back to shore. C:

There is my [not so] stroke of brilliance, guys

message 48: by Khione (last edited Feb 07, 2014 08:04PM) (new)

Khione  (vamplover25) WE SHOULDN'T BE BITTEN IN THE FIRST PLACE! REGARDLESS WHETHER IT'S THEIR HOME OR NOT!! THEY DESERVE TO BE KILLED! WHAT GOOD ARE THEY TO US? THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX, DO THEY DO ANY GOOD FOR US? YES OR NO? HUH?

message 49: by ali ᵏᵉᵉᵖ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵐᵒᵘᵗʰ ˢʰᵘᵗ (last edited Feb 07, 2014 08:05PM) (new)

ali  ᵏᵉᵉᵖ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵐᵒᵘᵗʰ ˢʰᵘᵗ (time_wont_fly) | 549 comments ...but they're hungry?

[I didn't know what to say, but what I just said made me laugh]

ᏖᎥᏁᏦᏋᏒ ᏰᏋᏝᏝ | 701 comments They contributed to discovery of MANY things! The MOMENT we start killing sharks will be the moment I will leave this planet because there will be NO hope left for this world of we kill off creatures who DONT EVEN WANT TO EAT US WHO WE INVADED THEIR JOMES WHO ONLY BITE WHEN WE MIMIC THEIR FOOD, wi be the moment when we have lost our since of humanity.

« previous 1 3 4 5