Reading Everything and Anything discussion

Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1)
This topic is about Throne of Glass
Books we've read > Throne of Glass

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sarah | 1072 comments Mod
You can discuss Throne of Glass here.

Samantha (manthafleur) I didn't have too high expectations for this book, but I was pleasantly surprised. Overall I enjoyed the story, world creation, and some side characters. I never really understood the main character Celeana; she was supposedly this bad-ass assassin but I only saw weak moments (maybe to make her more human). I was glad the romance triangle was not a predominant aspect, but enjoyed both Chaol and Dorian. Nehemia I loved instantly and it just grew more throughout the book. Though the book left quite a few questions, I just can't start another series. Now I will only read completed series; it just too much time and energy in waiting for next book to come out, any suggestions?

Brenda (librarymom23) Samantha wrote: "I didn't have too high expectations for this book, but I was pleasantly surprised. Overall I enjoyed the story, world creation, and some side characters. I never really understood the main characte..."

I felt the same way you did about the main character. I said that fact to a patron at the library and they told me about the Prequel books the author went back and wrote so that the reader could get a complete picture. These books are listed under this author here on Goodreads. I am planning to try and read these "before" stories.

I did enjoy the story, and I did think it was worth reading.

Sarah | 1072 comments Mod
I read the prequels first so for me it made a lot more sense what everything meant.