The Young Adult Historical Fiction Society discussion

I am Rembrandt's Daughter
This topic is about I am Rembrandt's Daughter
2014 Group Reads > I Am Rembrandt's Daughter, by Lynn Cullen - February's Read

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Charmaine (new) - added it

Charmaine (empress_charla) | 276 comments Mod
Please share your thoughts about this book while you're reading it, and even if you've already read it before. :-)

QNPoohBear | 120 comments It took me a long time to finish this book. It was too dark and gloomy for me. I liked Cornelia and liked the story about her feelings for her father but felt that the love triangles were just too cliched. I wish the book had focused solely on Cornelia's relationship with her father and longing for his attention. His reasons just didn't fit the story. I liked at the end where I think it's Neel, who says, "you're the most important thing to him, he just doesn't know how to say it. he's a painter not a poet." (something like that). It makes the whole story make sense without Carrel and his uncle adding melodrama.

message 3: by Charmaine (new) - added it

Charmaine (empress_charla) | 276 comments Mod
Interesting! Thanks for sharing your thoughts :-) I borrowed the book but haven't started it yet. I'm a little nervous that I won't like it either :-O What did you think of the writing style of the author?

QNPoohBear | 120 comments The writing style wasn't bad but the book jumps back and forth between different periods in Cornelia's life and it was a bit jarring at first.