City of Books discussion

BOOK QUESTIONS > What Books Have Made you Cry?

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by grimple (new)

grimple ᵔᴥᵔ | 377 comments Mod
What books have made you cry?

The Book Thief made me cry and The Last Olympian made me cry, but only because I was sad that I finished the series hahaha

message 2: by Kate (last edited Feb 01, 2014 09:15PM) (new)

Kate ★ (spillsandspoils) | 543 comments Mod
A recent read that made me cry was Fever 1793.

message 3: by Blood Bone and Muscle (last edited Feb 02, 2014 11:05AM) (new)

Blood Bone and Muscle | 25 comments Strangely enough, learning about Will's curse and how he refused to see his parents made me cry.
Imagine a child, unable to love, hearing his mum and dad screaming from downstairs his name and he, still a mere child hearing their concern and protectiveness like its going to kill them, his sister and anyone he's ever known. And still then, once they leave, he can't run after them to see if they've died.
All the harsher by that tender age of it.

message 5: by Nikita (new)

Nikita I was sad and got teary eyed when Rue and Prim died but never really cried. The only book I can truly recall that I actually cried was Tiger's Destiny when a beloved character dead. I stopped reading for a while because it was so sad. It shocked me, really.

message 6: by Jinnie (new)

Jinnie | 204 comments My eyes got welled up when I read that Xavier in a long long sleep had moved on without her and stopped looking, I didn't actually cry but I was close

message 7: by melissa (new)

melissa (sydneyivashkov) The Fault in Our Stars, Looking for Alaska and Clockwork Princess... I cried a lot *sobs*

message 8: by Melanie (new)

Melanie Tucker (mellifit) OmG, let's see...
The Silver Linings Playbook
Flowers in the Attic
The Art of Racing in the Rain
The Lucky One
Safe Haven
Defending Jacob
all were goodreads;)

message 9: by Shayla (new)

Shayla Kopp (shaylakopp) The Fault in Our Stars made me tear up also Looking For Alaska and The last Harry Potter book
The only book that was ever made me sob and ugly girl cry though was See You at Harry's by Jo Knowels it is seriously one if the most touching, inspiring, relatable, depressing, uplifting books i have EVER read and will probably ever read!

message 10: by Deanna (new)

Deanna (DeannaKC) | 5 comments Lots so much so I'm not even going to list them all but one that defiantly made me cry was the end of Opal from the Lux Series it was sad.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

message 14: by Megan, The Calm One (new)

Megan | 95 comments Mod
Mariam wrote: "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince made me cry."

Same

message 15: by Piper (new)

Piper | 11 comments The Fault in our stars, Looking for Alaska, Alligent, The Infernal Devices Series and The Mortal Instruments Series. I've probably cried in more but those were the main ones.

message 16: by Drea (new)

Drea | 41 comments The 5th Wave

message 17: by Kimiko (new)

message 19: by Dalia (new)

Dalia | 14 comments The Fault in Our Stars,The Mark of Athena,Mockingjay and I have been crying for 2 days over Clockwork Princess because of the saddest,yet most beautiful epilogue ever!

message 20: by Christopher (new)

Christopher Kaufman (kaufmantales) | 5 comments The end of LOR - The Grey Havens...

message 21: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Craig | 13 comments Tuesdays with Morrie

message 22: by Kris (new)

Kris (xokristim) The fault in our stars, allegiant, mockingjay, the book theif, and probably more lol. What can I say I get attatched. haha

message 24: by Phoebe (new)

Phoebe (itsphoebe) | 27 comments All the cassie clare books // especially CP2!!

message 25: by Tris (new)

Tris | 4 comments Allegiant! I cried so much... It was the first book I read where I was sobbing so hard that I could not stop for a long time.

message 26: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine (jazzyman) | 7 comments Mockingjay

message 27: by Amanda (new)

Amanda  (manka23) | 24 comments Dear Nobody The True Diary of Mary Rose by Gillian McCain I cried like a baby.

message 28: by Joke (new)

Joke | 2 comments The book thief

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

If I Stay (If I Stay, #1) by Gayle Forman Where She Went (If I Stay, #2) by Gayle Forman Allegiant (Divergent, #3) by Veronica Roth The Fault in Our Stars by John Green , this morning I finished where she went and everytime I think about it I almost cry again.

message 30: by Ella (new)

Ella Hanley (ellajanehanley) The fault in our stars! I sobbed like a baby :P