Looming Mountain (A Roleplay) discussion

Plot-Ship Wreck > The Jungle

Comments Showing 1-50 of 250 (250 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by georgiabread (last edited Feb 01, 2014 09:10PM) (new)

georgiabread | 259 comments Mod
The jungle is dense and damp, and filled with wild animals ranging from venomous snakes to raging boars. Fruit trees are scattered throughout the forest. It is easy to become lost, among all the vines and shrubs, but once you climb a good tree, you can find your way again.

message 2: by samyam, day eater night sleeper (new)

samyam g | 493 comments Mod
akrimon entered the jungle. "ah!!so many trees"'he told when they heard a distant roar.

message 3: by Bridgette, Ranger (new)

Bridgette | 558 comments Mod
Tara jumped at the sound. As if reacting to her fear a small spark flew off her finger. Whatever animal was out there, it didn't sound friendly. She looked to Akrimon for instruction.

message 4: by samyam, day eater night sleeper (new)

akrimon assumed a defensive position. he had learnt martial arts and practiced for 6 years. he saw as a tiger jumped from the bushes at him.

message 5: by samyam, day eater night sleeper (new)

he jumped and met the tiger midway with a punch. the tiger fell back but didnt give up. It sprang at Tara.

message 6: by Bridgette, Ranger (new)

Tara didn't like the way the tiger was eyeing them. She drew a pocketknife the length of her ring finger, as if it would do much good in this situation, and gripped it in her right hand. She was ready to slash at the beast, but her knife probably wouldn't kill it. If worst came to worst then she would definitely resort to using fire.

message 7: by samyam, day eater night sleeper (new)

akrimon got angry now. he couldnt lose the only friend here now. as he didnt have any control his anger triggered the power in him as a huge wave of fire passed over the tiger from his hand and the burnt tiger fell to the ground, dead.

message 8: by Bridgette, Ranger (new)

Tara stared at the ashes, "You... you just... you can... the tiger... you..." She stuttered and all she could get out was, "You just saved my life." She stared at him in wonder. She had never met anyone who could do the same as her, control elements. Although she was reserved to fire and had seen its effects before, she was shocked.

message 9: by samyam, day eater night sleeper (new)

akrimon's anger had'nt subsided. he could do anything unless somebody calmed him down. 4 trees around them caught fire and began to burn.

message 10: by Bridgette, Ranger (new)

Tara suddenly realized that he hadn't quite quelled his feelings. Tara ran over to Akrimon. "Please calm down! Its alright! We aren't in trouble anymore!", when he didn't calm down Tara did the last thing she could think of. She embraced him and began rocking from side to side, singing a song she heard a mother singing their child once.

message 11: by samyam, day eater night sleeper (new)

akrimon calmed down. he blushed."uh...", he looked at the damage he had done and the 2 trees which had been burnt and fallen down,"sorry, i should really learn to control myself and thank you for calming me down. or else i dont know what i would have done", he told as he fell to the ground, exhausted.

message 12: by samyam, day eater night sleeper (new)

akrimon didnt like hearing to songs too much. but he didnt want to tell that. after all, she didnt know.

message 13: by Bridgette, Ranger (new)

Tara sat down next to him, shivering as she tried to relax her tensed up muscles. She looked Akrimon over, looking for injuries, "Are you hurt?"

message 14: by samyam, day eater night sleeper (new)

"no just exhausted",he told,"it happens after too much use of elements. sorry for not telling this earlier but i can control 3 elements."

message 15: by Bridgette, Ranger (new)

Tara looked surprised, "I'm glad I know now. That way I know I can trust you!", She smiled, "I can control fire, that's it."

message 16: by samyam, day eater night sleeper (new)

i didnt want you to freak out", his eyes widened,"so you are an elemental too?"

message 17: by Bridgette, Ranger (new)

"Yeah. I haven't really had things on the easy side since... well forever, so I never really got the chance to practice. That's why I left home, so I could find somewhere peaceful and quiet to try to learn my own strengths and weaknesses. I figured over water would be safest." Tara shuddered and rubbed the bump on the back of her head.

message 18: by samyam, day eater night sleeper (new)

now akrimon was full of surprise"you decided to go against water?",he told and asked"you have a home?"

message 19: by Bridgette, Ranger (new)

Tara looked at her hands, "Well, sort of. Things were hard and money was tight. I couldn't..." Her voice broke off and she decided to switch to answering the first question, "Not nessisarily going against water. I just figured it would be the safest place to be considering the things that could happen."

message 20: by samyam, day eater night sleeper (new)

akrimon was staring at empty space"i didnt have a home. i was wandering everywhere. people wouldnt talk to me because they were afraid. my father was an elemental of 6 elements. he disappeared when i was 5 years and i have been put to streets ever since. i dont know why i am telling all this to you but as we only have each other here, i guess that would be the best option.", he told,"i can control water, fire and earth. caused a earthquake while i was smile and as i wander in a town where they dont know anything about elements, i cant practice my powers, but i dont have control either. thank you for helping me calm down."

message 21: by Bridgette, Ranger (new)

Tara smiled, "Your welcome. Although, I can't imagine you liking my singing. I was probably way out of tune." She laughed quietly at herself, "I was pretty ridiculous huh?"

message 22: by samyam, day eater night sleeper (new)

"i dont like any singing", he told," if anybody sings, i am usually freaked out"

message 23: by Bridgette, Ranger (new)

Tara's smile widened, "I'll be sure to remember that for next..." Her smile disappeared, "I mean... If it happens again." She rubs her arm self consciously, out of habit.

message 24: by samyam, day eater night sleeper (new)

"if a tiger comes again", he grinned," anyways, we are sitting in the middle of a jungle and talking. we should find some shelter.", he told as he concentrated all his powers he had regained by now and roared as the earth in front of him began to reform and a big cave like structure stood in front of them,"this is temporary", he told feeling strange that he was'nt tired this time,"i cant build permanent ones. this will last for 24 hours."

message 25: by Bridgette, Ranger (new)

Tara glanced at him, then back at the cave that had just sprung out of the ground, her mouth wide open, "This is amazing! We could cover the entrance with a few leaves and vines to hold in the warmth and..." Tara blushed realizing that she would be sleeping in the same "room" as her new friend. "Um... Would you prefer if I slept outside? I wouldn't mind."

message 26: by samyam, day eater night sleeper (new)

" no you can sleep in with me.", he told,"formalities are for the society and there are no society here."

message 27: by samyam, day eater night sleeper (new)

"and its just sleeping. so come on. we arent doing anything and stuff"

message 28: by Bridgette, Ranger (new)

Tara nodded, "I understand. Should we set up a fire and try to find some food and water before dark?"

message 29: by samyam, day eater night sleeper (new)

"have you ever tasted tiger meat cooked?" asked akrimon.

message 30: by Bridgette, Ranger (new)

Tara shook her head, "Never had the opportunity to try it, plus I believe that is illegal in most places."

message 31: by samyam, day eater night sleeper (new)

"we dont have choice now. want to try some? " he asked.

message 32: by Bridgette, Ranger (new)

"Might as well. How much is left? Is there any way we could store it?" Tara asked.

message 33: by samyam, day eater night sleeper (new)

" how i wish we had an ice elemental here. lets get some wood. come on. you ready with your elements? we might need it in this jungle."

message 34: by Bridgette, Ranger (new)

(( Got to go. Rp with you later!))

Tara grunted in agreement and walked around the edges of the charred forest, looking for firewood. She was tense, ready for anything to spring out at her. Before long she had a good stack of old wood at the side of their temporary cave. "How long has your father been missing?" She asked in an attempt to start up a conversation.

message 35: by samyam, day eater night sleeper (new)

"its been 10 years" he told as he heard a shout,"help!!"

message 36: by samyam, day eater night sleeper (new)

((ok. byeeee))

message 37: by Bridgette, Ranger (new)

(( I'm back! Yay! ))

Tara straightened up, ready to fight. She dropped her load of wood on the pile and got ready for any sort of action, drawing her knife, "What was that?"

message 38: by samyam, day eater night sleeper (new)

"i will look", he told as he ran that way to see a man bleeding to death,"grandpa!!!", he shouted.

message 39: by Bridgette, Ranger (new)

Tara heard him shout and ran to where he was standing, "Whats he doing here? What happened?"

message 40: by samyam, day eater night sleeper (new)

akrimon didnt hear her. it was his grandpa. in this island!!!he was holding a book!!the last words he heard were,"this...book..take..survive"
he took the book and looked at it.It was a guide to survive on the island.

message 41: by Bridgette, Ranger (new)

Tara stepped back, she didn't want to intrude. Although, that book interested her. What could be hidden inside? Tara quickly strode back to camp and set up the fire.

message 42: by samyam, day eater night sleeper (new)

he saw the book. it read had the whole map of the jungle and about 40 green spots on the map. he wondered what were those green spots. he should show this to Tara. he ran to the camp,"Tara!!!!"

message 43: by Bridgette, Ranger (new)

She looked up at her name, "Yes?," She suddenly looked puzzled, "Where is the old man? What does that book mean? Why did he give it to you?" Tara made a few sparks, trying to light her fire... It didn't work.

message 44: by samyam, day eater night sleeper (new)

akrimon waved his handas the woods caught fire."look at this. what are the green spots?", he asked her.

message 45: by samyam, day eater night sleeper (new)

((hey!u there??))

message 46: by Bridgette, Ranger (new)

(( Sorry. Just got back on. ))

Tara examined the map, "Maybe forests. Could be shelter. Perhaps food. I don't know." She shrugged, "Its getting dark though, we should take a look tomorrow.

message 47: by samyam, day eater night sleeper (new)

"ok, he told,"lets eat the meat and sleep for now. we have to bury my grandpa's body tomorrow."

message 48: by Bridgette, Ranger (new)

Tara looked doubtful but she agreed. She drew her knife and handed it to Akrimon hilt-first, so he could cut the meat.

message 49: by samyam, day eater night sleeper (new)

he cut the meat, took a coconut which he had picked while coming. " jala", he shouted, as water filled the empty coconut.

message 50: by Bridgette, Ranger (new)

Tara looked confused, "Jala? Whats that?"

« previous 1 3 4 5