For the love of Horror discussion

The Monsters Within
This topic is about The Monsters Within
Group reads > (Feb/2014) The Monsters Within by Corvus Winchester

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katharine (new)

Katharine Francis (emilylarson) | 577 comments Mod
Okay we have out new GR's author for the month of February! I've contacted the author and gave him the good news. So here's the place for everyone to discuss the book The Monsters Within and ask any questions you may have for the author about the book.

message 2: by Corvus (new)

Corvus Winchester | 9 comments Thank you Katharine for this wonderful opportunity. Now I’m kind of new to this, so I’ll just jump right in. The Monsters Within actually started with the idea of using light as a weapon against creatures literally composed of darkness. As the story grew and the characters began to take on lives of their own, the concept evolved into a whole different creature. The house that the main characters move into began to develop a mythology and stood as a symbol to counter the family’s struggles. The narrative became a lot more symbolic to me, rather than literal, and that’s what drew me into writing the story. I love grand set pieces in movies and was able to place a scene in the book, that was absolutely fun to write, but telling about it would spoil the story. So for now, I will leave you with a brief summary and an invitation to ask any questions you might have about my story.

The Holloway family recently moved from their Los Angeles home to a decaying Victorian mansion. As they begin to settle into the strange manor, their beliefs become challenged by unearthly events. Strange whispers echo throughout the house. Unseen forces hold them in place and decrepit hands reach for them from the dark corners of the chilling house. As the Holloway family is haunted by the dark inhabitants that reside in the estate, they begin to discover the house has a mysterious connection to their past. A dark secret that lurks just beneath the surface. A secret that may uncover the mysterious history of the nightmare they are now residents of.

message 3: by Katharine (new)

Katharine Francis (emilylarson) | 577 comments Mod
Corvus wrote: "Thank you Katharine for this wonderful opportunity. Now I’m kind of new to this, so I’ll just jump right in. The Monsters Within actually started with the idea of using light as a weapon against cr..."

I love a good "creepy house" book. :)

message 4: by J.S. (new)

J.S. Watts | 86 comments Sorry for asking the obvious - is The Monsters Within a novel or a novella? Who publishes it and does it have an ISBN I can track down elsewhere other than Amazon?

message 5: by J.S. (new)

J.S. Watts | 86 comments J.S. wrote: "Sorry for asking the obvious - is The Monsters Within a novel or a novella? Who publishes it and does it have an ISBN I can track down elsewhere other than Amazon?"

Apologies, I've answered my own questions about the publisher and the ISBN, but the novel/novella question still stands.

message 6: by Corvus (new)

Corvus Winchester | 9 comments The Monsters Within is a novella. It is approximately 160 pg. long. Also, I have an exclusivity clause with Amazon regarding ebooks, so only the paperback can be found elsewhere. I hope I answered all of your questions. If you have any more, feel free to message me or post here.

message 7: by J.S. (new)

J.S. Watts | 86 comments Corvus wrote: "The Monsters Within is a novella. It is approximately 160 pg. long. Also, I have an exclusivity clause with Amazon regarding ebooks, so only the paperback can be found elsewhere. I hope I answered ..."

Thanks Corvus, that's really helpful.

message 8: by Corvus (last edited Feb 28, 2014 10:32PM) (new)

Corvus Winchester | 9 comments I just want to say thank you to everyone who stopped by. I am very grateful to Katharine for this opportunity to present my book to all of you. I hope I interested some of you in my story and thank you all for checking it out!

One last note, The Monsters Within Kindle edition will be dropped to $0.99 on Amazon for the entire month of March. Please check it out if you have not already done so!

Thanks again to everyone and I hope to bring you several new and exciting works in the near future. God bless!