Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

ARCHIVES > General Recommendations

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Anna (Unquenchable Reads) (unquenchablereads) | 249 comments I didn't see just a general recommendation topic, so I decided just to make the topic.

I would like some YA recommendations.

message 2: by Mandiann (new)

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7530 comments Some recent favourites of mine are:
Cinder (Lunar Chronicles, #1) by Marissa Meyer Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins Graceling (Graceling Realm, #1) by Kristin Cashore A Great and Terrible Beauty (Gemma Doyle, #1) by Libba Bray Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein Reboot (Reboot, #1) by Amy Tintera Pivot Point (Pivot Point, #1) by Kasie West The DUFF Designated Ugly Fat Friend by Kody Keplinger Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson Grave Mercy (His Fair Assassin, #1) by Robin LaFevers The Iron King (The Iron Fey, #1) by Julie Kagawa Across the Universe (Across the Universe, #1) by Beth Revis

I can suggest more if you would like :)

Anna (Unquenchable Reads) (unquenchablereads) | 249 comments Ok :) thanks those books looks really good!

message 4: by Mandiann (new)

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7530 comments I can give you better suggestions if you let me know which genre you prefer. I kind of tried to go all over the board with the above suggestions. My favourite genre's are Epic Fantasy, Histrical Fiction and Science Fiction. Although I think my suggestions kind of gave that away. I can recommend some good romance, realistic fiction or paranormal fiction if you prefer.

Anna (Unquenchable Reads) (unquenchablereads) | 249 comments Hmmmm..... It's so hard for me to pick a favorite genre. I like about any kind of books. Ummm, I mostly read books with supernatural characters, but I also like a nice love story. I also like dystopian. Science fiction is pretty good too.

Anna (Unquenchable Reads) (unquenchablereads) | 249 comments I love fantasy too.

message 7: by Mandiann (last edited Feb 01, 2014 08:14PM) (new)

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7530 comments LOL, sounds like you are all over the place, like me.

It seems like I suggested a few you have already read. Sorry about that. I just looked at your 'read' shelf.

Here are a few more you might like:

Fantasy: Sabriel (Abhorsen, #1) by Garth Nix Howl's Moving Castle (Howl's Moving Castle, #1) by Diana Wynne Jones The Goose Girl (The Books of Bayern, #1) by Shannon Hale
Science Fiction/Dystopia: The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (Hitchhiker's Guide, #1) by Douglas Adams The Day of the Triffids by John Wyndham Breathe (Breathe, #1) by Sarah Crossan Battle Royale by Koushun Takami Uglies (Uglies, #1) by Scott Westerfeld
Love Story: Pushing the Limits (Pushing the Limits, #1) by Katie McGarry How Zoe Made Her Dreams (Mostly) Come True by Sarah Strohmeyer A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks Where the Heart Is by Billie Letts

Plus the series you have started (Iron King, Graceling) are very good!!!

message 8: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments We don't have general recommendation thread because it is basically the same as Pick a Book for Me thread which we already have. You post what kind of books you want recommendation for there.