Delirity discussion

Author W-Z > The Prospero's War - J. Wells

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heather (last edited Jul 29, 2014 10:42AM) (new)

Heather T (horrorvacui000) | 5931 comments Mod
Dirty Magic (The Prospero's War, #1) by Jaye Wells Cursed Moon (The Prospero's War, #2) by Jaye Wells Deadly Spells (The Prospero's War, #3) by Jaye Wells

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2445 comments I'll be reading this one this month! Ironically after I read Red-Headed Stepchild.

(Do we not have a thread for Sabina Kane series? Or am I blind again?)

message 3: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 1272 comments I loved book one and two and the first novella of the Sabina Kane and I can't wait to read this series . Only first book is out right now but the second comes out this year as well if I'm remembering. All that to say I will be reading it this month as well.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2445 comments YOu're right! Maybe I need to look into the novella. I wish when they gave you ARC they'd say or have it attached.

message 5: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 1272 comments Shera (Book Whispers) wrote: "YOu're right! Maybe I need to look into the novella. I wish when they gave you ARC they'd say or have it attached."

The first novella actually takes place after the first 2 books its a in between for books 2 and 3. So if your just reading Red-headed you should be fine. :)

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2445 comments Sweet!

message 7: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 1272 comments I started on this last night not enough to count it as currently reading just about two pages after I finished Tempting Danger. The character seems as spicy as normal for a jaye wells book. :)

message 8: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments For a first book this was a good one, there was a lot of world building to be done and it was done without an info dump, a great thing!

I liked Kate, loved that she turned around her life and can understand why she thinks magic is evil. I think that knowing both sides of the magic world makes her a better cop. I liked that Kate didn't back down, even when things became personal. The new job and co-workers bring about a whole lot of possibilities, as does the old friend, now enemy.

I look forward to seeing where things go from here.

message 9: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 1272 comments oh goodness her names Kate too? aaaah hopefully they're so different I can't get things confused lol.

message 10: by Heather (new)

I'm finally reading this one. Her little brother is making me mad. I get it, but Kate's reasoning is sound.

message 11: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 1272 comments I started on this but I don't think I like dthe main character. I will give it another try maybe after I finish the Sabina Kane series.

message 12: by Heather (new)

I took me a while for her to grow on me. I'm not in love with her yet, but I don't feel stand offish about her either. I'm curious to see how I feel after book 2.

message 13: by Erika (new)

Erika  (readingbutterfly) | 67 comments I just finished book #1 Dirty Magic. I can't really say it I was into it, but I think I see promise in the series. I actually like this world she is creating and I am looking forward to reading book #2.

message 14: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments The second book just came out this week.