What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Love You Forever
This topic is about Love You Forever
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Children's/Picture Book From The 90s; Involved a Boy, His Mother, and a Rocking Chair [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Annelisa | 15 comments Hi all! I remember reading this book in the second grade. It was a picture book, and it started out with a mother rocking her baby boy to sleep in a rocking chair. Throughout the story, it showed the boy getting into all sorts of mischief, dropping things in the toilet, smearing food all over the walls, etc. Throughout the book, the boy's mother was very patient with him, even though he was a little terror. Then there was this sweet little twist at the end. The boy, who had now grown up, was rocking his own mother in the same chair where she used to rock him, and she was now old with gray hair and wrinkles. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37753 comments Mod
Love You Forever?

"The mother sings to her sleeping baby: "I'll love you forever / I'll love you for always / As long as I'm living / My baby you'll be." She still sings the same song when her baby has turned into a fractious 2-year-old, a slovenly 9-year-old, and then a raucous teen. So far so ordinary--but this is one persistent lady. When her son grows up and leaves home, she takes to driving across town with a ladder on the car roof, climbing through her grown son's window, and rocking the sleeping man in the same way. Then, inevitably, the day comes when she's too old and sick to hold him, and the roles are at last reversed."

Annelisa | 15 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "Love You Forever?

"The mother sings to her sleeping baby: "I'll love you forever / I'll love you for always / As long as I'm living / My baby you'll be." She still sings the same son..."

Oh! This is it. I never could remember the title but I know what happened. Thank you so much!!!!

Annelisa | 15 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "Love You Forever?

"The mother sings to her sleeping baby: "I'll love you forever / I'll love you for always / As long as I'm living / My baby you'll be." She still sings the same son..."

Thanks again!

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37753 comments Mod
You're welcome.