Struggling Writers discussion

Stuck on Your Writing? > "I'VE LOST MY MUSE!!!"

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) I love writing and I try to write something on my own everyday. Except I've lost my muse and writer's block has attacked!!! What should I do? And it's not only my writing that's not as good, I no longer enjoy playing my violin or the piano or even watching my favorite movies or TV shows... my muse has left!!! I know it's the middle of the winter and everything is... wintery... but I'm miserable because I can't write anything good! Help please!!!!!

message 2: by R.F.G. (new)

R.F.G. Cameron | 601 comments Emma wrote: "I love writing and I try to write something on my own everyday. Except I've lost my muse and writer's block has attacked!!! What should I do? And it's not only my writing that's not as good, I n..."

Read something you normally wouldn't (I've got some aliens who'd like a chance to convince you why humans are treacherous), watch a samurai movie or a parody of Kung Fu, volunteer at the Food Pantry for a morning or evening.

Sometimes you just have to mix things up -- I watch my three month old daughter try to eat the kat, cheer her up when he gets away, and it clears the mind.

message 3: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) I have an app that does that, thanks for reminding me!!

message 4: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Weldon (sarahrweldon-author) | 6045 comments Try reading a good book or two, or try your hand at quilting or embroidery. I find the latter very relaxing, stress and writer's block go hand in hand. And the chances are your muse is sulking, or is sat shivering in the sub zero temperatures hitting America at the moment.

message 5: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) Once on one of those 7° days I had to stay outside to do a science project. Maybe that's why!!

message 6: by R.F.G. (new)

R.F.G. Cameron | 601 comments It's fun covering rough terrain on foot in -16 degree Fahrenheit.

message 7: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) I had to measure the altitude of certain stars, and it was 7° out. I was wearing these gloves and trying to write and I couldn't move my fingers... And I couldn't even see the stars I was supposed to measure!!