Fantastic Fantasy and Science Fiction discussion

On Basilisk Station (Honor Harrington, #1)
This topic is about On Basilisk Station
Noteworty Writers and Works > David Weber's Honor Harrington Series

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jeanne | 4 comments Wow. Just Wow!

I am on book five this week of what Wiki calls Honorverse. This author is really detailed but his books are just filled to the brim with plot, strategy, emotion, and a female lead character that is awesome. I hate when I become an 80s teen and use the word awesome but some words are just a perfect descriptor for some authors. Highly recommend this series.

message 2: by Tai (new) - added it

Tai (jadedeyz) | 2 comments I've always heard very good things about this series (its always been recommended to me since I am a big fan of Tanya Huff's Confederation series), but have yet to read it. I really must add it to my TBR shelf.

Jeanne | 4 comments I love Tanya Huff as well. I read her Quarters Series probably about 10 years ago and kept the books on my do not ever let go shelf. Very good series. I've never read her Valor Confederation series. I'll look into it once I get thru David's collection. Just bought book 6 Honor among Enemies.

message 4: by Tai (new) - added it

Tai (jadedeyz) | 2 comments I've never read Huff's Quarters series, but I'll have to give those a try as well. The Confederation series is a military sci-fi with a no nonsense female lead supposedly like Weber's Honor.

Jeanne | 4 comments Reading the last book of this series. So sad to see it end. Although I know he wrote a few off shoots I'm still savoring every page.