The Reading Challenge Group discussion

Personal Challenges - 2014 > Lorah's 60 Book Challenge for 2014

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) Good luck Lorah! The Harry Potter series is great and so is the graveyard book.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

The hundred year old man is a really good book. I really enjoyed it. I picked it on kindle because of the title an it was only 20p at the time.
You has a few on their I haven't read yet. I really want to read the night circus and a few of the others.
Love Harry potter, I think it's nearly impossible not too!
Maybe we could do a buddy read sometime?

Brenda (aka Gramma) | 278 comments I thought Watership Down was a lot more interesting than I expected a book about bunnies to be. I hope you enjoy it.

Brenda (aka Gramma) | 278 comments I don't know how you'll feel, but I didn't need any tissues. And even though I was very concerned for the rabbits sometimes like with a page-turner, I don't even really think of it as a book about bunnies. The characters are bunnies-- it's just that a lot of what happens made me think about people.

message 5: by Tracey (new)

Tracey | 916 comments You have some books on there that I'm hoping to read this year. Watership Down, which I've only seen the kids movie to, The 5th Wave, The Graveyard book. I'll be interested in knowing your thoughts on them.

message 6: by Kassandra (new)

Kassandra | -1 comments Lorah, there are so many books on your list that I have either read or have on my TBR. I'm really excited to see what you think of them. Did you enjoy the Perks of Being a Wallflower? I finished that last week and really loved it. Charlie is a character that will stick with me for a long time.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I want to read the book and ive been waiting till I've done it to watch the film. We need to arrange buddy read too. Dont know what we should read yet though!

message 8: by Roseanne (new)

Roseanne | 1224 comments I am planning on reading The Maze Runner in March, if you are planning on doing a buddy read would love to join you.

message 9: by Roseanne (new)

Roseanne | 1224 comments good idea we could do that

message 10: by Tracey (new)

Tracey | 916 comments I've been debating about if I want to read the Rosie Project. Its good to see you liked it.

message 11: by Holly, That Geeky One (new)

Holly (hollycoulson) | 1949 comments Mod
I swear everyone is in a slump right now!!

message 12: by Overbooked ✎ (last edited Feb 22, 2014 08:16PM) (new)

Overbooked  ✎ (kiwi_fruit) | 800 comments I find that alternating between fiction and non fiction helps me. Reading too many fiction books at the same time exhaust me. Maybe you can take a break for a few days? Good luck Lorah!

message 13: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) the wizard of oz is a pretty good read. I read that one 2 or three years ago and it is different than the film.

message 14: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) hey lorah how about reading Andragathiain march. it's pretty short for a YA fantasy romance.

message 15: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) Thanks. ^_^

message 16: by Tracey (new)

Tracey | 916 comments Wow, 8 books for the genre challenge is impressive. I definitely dont have the attention span for one genre for that long.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Well done Lorah!

message 18: by Tracey (new)

Tracey | 916 comments You know, I was really disappointed with Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere for exactly the same reason. I couldn't get into it. It makes me hesitant to start The Graveyard Book. But I did love The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Gaiman.

message 19: by Kassandra (new)

Kassandra | -1 comments Lorah - it looks like you're rebounding for the month. Congratulations on making great progress this week!

Did you enjoy Drive? I was considering putting that one on my TBR but I've heard mixed reviews.

message 20: by Holly, That Geeky One (new)

Lorah, you're doing great!

message 21: by Kassandra (new)

Kassandra | -1 comments Lorah - I've seen the movie and I wasn't that impressed by it and always thought it was because we really don't know anything about the driver. Perhaps the book will give me some good insight into that piece! I will definitely let you know what I think of it if I decide to take the plunge.

message 22: by Tracey (new)

Tracey | 916 comments I always need a break too after one of those books. They are a lot to take in.

message 23: by Holly, That Geeky One (new)

Lorah, what did you think of it? I've been meaning to read it for ages. I really loved The White Queen!

message 24: by Tracey (new)

Tracey | 916 comments I agree, the Red Queen was an easier read. The White Queen reads as a timeline, which it basically is for the rest of the series. So there's a lot to absorb. Once you hit the Red Queen, you know the main characters/events going on, so it get's the chance to be a lot more focused on personality.

message 25: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 85 comments Did you enjoy The Legend of Sleepy Hollow? I've just downloaded that but no idea when I'm going to fit it in.

message 26: by Tracey (new)

Tracey | 916 comments Did you enjoy The Lottery? I put that on my TBR list as well after We All Live in the Castle.

message 27: by Kassandra (new)

Kassandra | -1 comments May was a tough month for me too, Lorah! Never mind, tomorrow is another month full of possibilities! Best of luck in June.