TV Talk discussion

Favorite Variety show

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jillian (new)

Jillian (mother_of_dinosaurs) What is your favorite variety show?

message 2: by Crystal (new)

Crystal | 31 comments I like the reruns of:

The Carol Burnett Show
Sony and Cher
In Living Color

Also like Mad TV.

message 3: by Manuel (new)

Manuel | 12 comments Carol Burnett show by far

message 4: by Jillian (new)

Jillian (mother_of_dinosaurs) Carol rocked!! I miss that show it's not on repeats or at least from what I can see.

message 5: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) In Living Color and Chappelle's Show. In Living Color was so good at making fun of everybody. I still watch the reruns and laugh at the dances and outfits, LOL.

message 6: by Jillian (new)

Jillian (mother_of_dinosaurs) In Living Colour was an awesome show also. I used to watch that back in MS and HS. Watching anything from that area is fun now because of the outfits. Wow we wore some loud funky clothes back then!

message 7: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) Funky loud is an understatement! I never did get into the Cross Colours probably cuz I couldn't afford the shits but there are Cross Colours galore on In Living Color. I saw all the original episodes (I'm old!) and I still watched the re-runs for years after. They need other shows like that.

And I do like Mad Tv. It's corny sometimes but I still get chuckle for at least one sketch.

message 8: by Jillian (new)

Jillian (mother_of_dinosaurs) Remember the t-shirts that would change colors because of your body heat. Does anyone remember what those were called?

message 9: by Sheryl (new)

Sheryl (shashee71) | 9 comments Yes, In Living Color was hilarious!! Wanda (with her skrimps and tub a vaskaline in her purse.. I'm gon rock yo world!), Fire Marshall Bill (let me tel you something!), Men on Film(hated it!), Vera de Milo (steroid using body builder with the pig tails)!!! The Fly Girls were so cool back then... J-Lo! LOL

I am true to SNL... I have my ups and downs with it, but I still love watching!

Mad TV is a hoot! I don't normally catch the new ones, but tune in on Saturday mornings for like.... 3 hours!