Kenyons Minions discussion

Dark Bites (Dark-Hunter #22.5; Hellchaser, #0.5; Dream-Hunter, #0.5; Were-Hunter, #3.5)
This topic is about Dark Bites
Dark-Hunter Series > DARK BITES **Possible Spoilers**

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shari-amor, Doll Cake (new) - rated it 3 stars

Shari-amor | 5322 comments Alright lovely Menyons, Dark Bites (Dream-Hunter, #1; Hellchaser, #1; Were-Hunter, #1; Dark-Hunter, #2.5, 2.6, 7.5, 9.5, 9.6, 10.5) by Sherrilyn Kenyon has been released. A anthology of Sherrilyn's previously released Dark Hunter novellas and a couple of never before published stories all put together for the first time. This is the official thread for Dark Bites and is now open for discussion. Remember to be respectful, polite and have fun!! Use spoiler tags if necessary.

Chat away Menyons!!

message 2: by Shari-amor, Doll Cake (new) - rated it 3 stars

Shari-amor | 5322 comments Included novellas:

From the World of the Dark-Hunters:

Phantom Lover (V’Aiden)

Winter Born (Dante)

A Dark-Hunter Christmas (Gallagher)

Until Death We Do Part (Velkan)

A Hard Day’s Night Searcher (Rafael)

Shadow of the Moon (Fury)

Where Angels Fear to Tread (Zeke)

Fear the Darkness (First Time in Print)

House of the Rising Son (First Time in Print)

Unrelated Stories:

Love Bytes

Santa Wears Spurs

Ray (warrior of randomness) XP | 1837 comments what is sant wears spurs about?

message 4: by Shari-amor, Doll Cake (new) - rated it 3 stars

Shari-amor | 5322 comments I picked this up a few days ago and a couple of these shorts will be new to me. I'm gonna re-read all of them though and see if I feel any different about em. Have any of you picked this up yet!?

message 5: by Shari-amor, Doll Cake (new) - rated it 3 stars

Shari-amor | 5322 comments Dont Know Ray

Ray (warrior of randomness) XP | 1837 comments nope I haven'tm

which novella is ur favorite so far Shari?

message 7: by Shari-amor, Doll Cake (new) - rated it 3 stars

Shari-amor | 5322 comments I haven't started yet but with the ones that I've already read from either her newsletter or other anthology, I loved A Dark Hunter Christmas and Where angels Fear to Tread

message 8: by Mauaqui (new)

Mauaqui | 42 comments I read Fury's story Shadow of the Moon. Very good

message 9: by Nalinie (new)

Nalinie (wordlessrebel) | 10 comments Do we get good information on Caleb in House of the Rising Son?

message 10: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 121 comments I just got the book and haven't gotten far into it yet (towards the end of the first one). I've read Phantom Lover already in a previous book but really liked it, so looking forward to re-reading it.

Regarding the question about Caleb - so far he comes up now and then and we get a bit of info about him. For some reason my brain is a sieve when it comes to Nick's story (Chronicles), so not sure if any of the info about Caleb is new as such (sorry). **spoiler** - I certainly understand now why Apollo had such a hard-on (pun intended) for poor Styxx. I think after reading this story I have to go back to the end of Styxx to recover from my anger about that prick Apollo. Kinda sad about that as I had just gotten myself to a point to try a story about Apollo from another author, but right now a happy story for Apollo is the last I want to read :)

Really excited about the other stories (the hunters). Can't wait. Certainly a good book to keep my SK addiction going until the next book comes up :) Have fun reading.

message 11: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 121 comments Have finished Fury's story and while I liked it, I disliked Lia. Hope she won't be popping up in any other books anymore. I can also say that I'm getting really antsy about Savitar's story. All the little hints drive me crazy. What's with that new one.. since when does a chthonian have his "own" demons to boss around? I really want to know now what he really is :(

message 12: by Shari-amor, Doll Cake (new) - rated it 3 stars

Shari-amor | 5322 comments In regards to Caleb, we learn a couple of tidbits and confirm other insights that were brought up in CON.

I never mentioned it but I finished all the stories in SK. I loved some, I liked some and others were meh.

House of the Rising Son, Love Bytes, A Dark Hunter Christmas, Winter Born and Redemption were my favs.

message 13: by Shari-amor, Doll Cake (new) - rated it 3 stars

Shari-amor | 5322 comments Well Savitar liking demons isn't really too new if you check out his profile on SK's website. He says that demons are a man's best friend. So it wasn't surprising (at least to me) that he had demons on call

message 14: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 121 comments Shari-amor wrote: "Well Savitar liking demons isn't really too new if you check out his profile on SK's website. He says that demons are a man's best friend. So it wasn't surprising (at least to me) that he had demon..."

Uhhh, I just got excited that there might be some new info on his profile, but can't find a comment about demons on his profile and don't recall ever having read one there :( Can you tell me where on his profile you found this (there might be a link I haven't found yet *excited*)? You were talking about his character profile on her www.dark-hunter.com website, right, or is there another site?

message 15: by Shari-amor, Doll Cake (new) - rated it 3 stars

Shari-amor | 5322 comments Its cool. It is very exciting. I love finding new tidbits about favorite characters.

http://www.sherrilynkenyon.com/charac...

If you scroll down, on the right click through the fun facts. There will be 3 different facts about him

message 16: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 121 comments Thanks! I would have never thought to click on the two grey dots - I thought it was just some kind of decoration as the yellow ones were sitting in different spots. Thanks!!!

Hylla (ghouldream) | 8 comments I'm still confused on Caleb's parentage. I have a guess but nothing more. Reading House of the Rising Son I thought I knew who was his mother at least, but now I can't find the exact sentence and I'm going crazy.
Can someone please help me?

message 18: by Shari-amor, Doll Cake (new) - rated it 3 stars

Shari-amor | 5322 comments Caleb's parentage hasn't been confirmed yet, we just know he's half demon and half God (one of the primals at that). We havent gotten names though. Who did you think his mother was!?

Hylla (ghouldream) | 8 comments Yeah, at the moment there are only guesses. Well, I thought at Azura even if it's in contrast with the description that Caleb gave in Infinity :/
I have to re-read the story.

message 20: by Shari-amor, Doll Cake (new) - rated it 3 stars

Shari-amor | 5322 comments Ah. I never about Azura. I have a guess as to who maybe his father is and maybe an uncle as well. Never hazard a guess about the mother.

Hylla (ghouldream) | 8 comments Ah, that's interesting. Who do you think they are?

message 22: by Shari-amor, Doll Cake (new) - rated it 3 stars

Shari-amor | 5322 comments Jaden and Jared. It was mentioned that his father was a leader for Bathymas and betrayed his comrades and they were all punished and/or killed.

message 23: by Hylla (last edited Mar 05, 2014 02:08PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Hylla (ghouldream) | 8 comments *__* it could be.
This way even Azura would be plausible, or some primary God at least...there aren't so many possibilities.

message 24: by Shari-amor, Doll Cake (new) - rated it 3 stars

Shari-amor | 5322 comments And you know. Now that I think about that. It makes sense to be Azura. I know Jaden made a deal with her and ended up s slave and is holding someone important to him over his head. If he broke it, they would be killed. I can't think of too many people that he'd cared about. And Jared is already a slave to the source so that knocks him off the list.

message 25: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 121 comments hmmm, never really looked or was much interested in Calebs parentage, but when you guys mentioned primal gods... what if it was Apollymi instead of Azura? We already know she had another child.

message 26: by Shari-amor, Doll Cake (new) - rated it 3 stars

Shari-amor | 5322 comments That makes sense as well. Ugh I wanna know already lol

message 27: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dhfan4life | 10430 comments Finally finished up the few stories I hadn't read. And have to say a bit of a woot on learning Caleb's wife name. And man I totally wished that the House of the Rising Son was out before the CON books came along. Man, that along with Styxx's book would have definitely been great pre-cursor for the CON books to make it a little less confusing.

Redemption story was pretty cute as well.

message 28: by Shari-amor, Doll Cake (new) - rated it 3 stars

Shari-amor | 5322 comments Lol I loved that Sav married Seth and uh forget her name. And she had a beauty and the I beast themed wedding. Seth was horrified with his tux

message 29: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dhfan4life | 10430 comments Yea Seth and Lydia was cute. I don't blame Seth, heck he had much growing and learning to do with things. And then add Beauty and the Beast on top of it, lol. Loved Asmodeous's comments about Seth being the beauty since Lydia was the jackal lol.

message 30: by Shari-amor, Doll Cake (new) - rated it 3 stars

Shari-amor | 5322 comments Hahaha yes Asmodeus is always hilarious on the scene. And then Maahes was trying to 'fix' Seth's hair but screwed it up more.
I also loved when Seth got self conscious when he had to do hia vows but Sav told him to ignore everyone. Was a good moment

message 31: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dhfan4life | 10430 comments Oh my goodness I loved the hair stuff. Because they always seem to make the guy seem flawless and without hair issues. Even the ones with longer hair. So good to see that being addressed lol. And Sav was his usual gruff, just picture yourself kicking their asses self. Ah man it's a good thing he doesn't have a daughter young enough to date. Imagine asking for permission from him? Not gonna happen for sure.