The Keys To The Kingdom discussion

The Trustee's and the Seven Sins

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Xerxes Break(Vivian Ephona) (Ephona) Something I have noticed is that some of the Trustee's have similarities to the Seven Sins. For example, Mister Monday was lazy, Grim Tuesday was greedy and Drowned Wednesday was gluttonous. My question is do any of the other Trustee's known so far bear similarities? I don't know all of the sins so that's why I'm asking. I know one is vanity and another is lust (which sounds...unappetizing). I'd like your opinion!

message 2: by tom (last edited Feb 17, 2008 08:40PM) (new)

tom | 177 comments Mod
Lady Friday loved experience. And Sir Thursday was sort of an idiot he did every thing Saturday said.

Xerxes Break(Vivian Ephona) (Ephona) Hey! At the back of the Mister Monday book that my sister checked out it has an afterword. Something that it says in the afterword is that the Trustee's do go with the Seven Sins. Let me list the sins and maybe we can figure out the ones were missing:

Pride/Vanity: ???
Envy/Desire: Sounds like Lady Friday
Wrath/Anger: Could be Sir Thursday but who knows?
Sloth/Laziness: Mister Monday of course
Greed/Covetousness: Grim Tuesday
Gluttony/Over-Consumption: Drowned Wednesday
Lust/Cravings: Could be Friday was well

Any other ideas or opinions?

message 4: by tom (new)

tom | 177 comments Mod
I got this out a website:

Each of the Trustees are afflicted with a deadly sin. Five of the seven have been portrayed, leaving only pride and envy. Many have speculated that Saturday's sin is Pride, as she refers to herself as Superior Saturday, which would leave Sunday with Envy. One theory is that he is envious of his mother's (The Architect) work and thus tells Saturday to destroy the house so he can re-create it from Nothing. Another would be that he is envious of the mortals of the Secondary Realms, so he disassociates himself with the House to be more like them. An alternate theory is that Sunday's sin is Pride, as he is both the holder of the "paramount" key, and apparently too proud to notice or care about the affairs of the House. - leaving Saturday envious of the power wielded by Sunday. No theory has yet been confirmed.

message 5: by tom (new)

tom | 177 comments Mod
Those are the confirm sins:

Mister Monday is afflicted with the deadly sin of sloth.

Grim Tuesday is afflicted with the deadly sin of greed.

Drowned Wednesday is afflicted with the deadly sin of gluttony.

Sir Thursday is afflicted with the deadly sin of wrath.

Lady Friday is afflicted with the deadly sin of lust.

Xerxes Break(Vivian Ephona) (Ephona) That makes a lot of sense! Superior Saturday having that title and all.

message 7: by tom (new)

tom | 177 comments Mod
Yes. Did you read the coment about the parts of the will.

message 8: by tom (new)

tom | 177 comments Mod
nobody said sunday sucks! he might or might not be nice.that is all.

message 9: by Lex (new)

Lex Benefiel (nygmatech) | 3 comments Actually, Monday is sloth, Tuesday is greed, Wednesday is gluttony, Thursday is wrath, Friday is lust, Saturday is envy and Sunday is pride. You learn Saturday in the prologue of Superior Saturday, and Sunday seems the most likely to be affected with Pride.

message 10: by tom (new)

tom | 177 comments Mod
We don't know for sure that Sunday's sin. but, it seems to hint that his is pride. we can't be a 100% sure.

message 11: by tom (new)

tom | 177 comments Mod
thank you

message 13: by tom (new)

tom | 177 comments Mod
I am already there.

message 14: by Katherine (new)

Katherine (Katherinlie) http://www.goodreads.com/
umm this is one I am in currently
only join if you have read the inkheart trilogy

message 15: by tom (new)

tom | 177 comments Mod
i know

Xerxes Break(Vivian Ephona) (Ephona) Totally!

message 17: by tom (new)

tom | 177 comments Mod
what do you think the incomparable gardens will look like (appart being gardens of course)

message 18: by tom (new)

tom | 177 comments Mod
what do you think the incomparable gardens will look like (appart being gardens of course)

message 19: by tom (new)

tom | 177 comments Mod
i posted that comment twice

message 20: by tom (new)

tom | 177 comments Mod
neither do i

message 21: by Utkarsh (new)

Utkarsh (Utkes) | 83 comments I wonder how Lord Sunday is like.I know he is very proud, although I still gotta wait for the book to come out so i know him more. the last book is gonna be an epic!

message 22: by tom (new)

tom | 177 comments Mod
so true!

message 23: by Utkarsh (new)

Utkarsh (Utkes) | 83 comments In my head, i see Lord Sunday as a Bold, Tall, Handsome, bearded denizen dressed as a king holding his key which looks like a mace with many gems.
I imagine the gardens as a green, hilly place with nice marble platforms, and the realm is controllable from the owner of the key.

NOTE: This is my imagination. Do not take this seriously.

message 24: by tom (new)

tom | 177 comments Mod
O, the comment about lord sunday key being able to change form, don't worry about it because all the keys can change form.