twilight lovers! discussion

Breaking Dawn Movie > Drew to direct BD?

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bronte (new)

Bronte | 15 comments some ppl said that drew barrymore would direct BD... what do you think?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Rumor. They're not even passing around a script yet. Right now, the main priority for everyone, is Eclipse.

message 3: by Elena (new)

Elena Hubner | 64 comments what about new moon!

message 4: by Bronte (new)

Bronte | 15 comments new moon will be amazing!!! im SO excited!!

message 5: by Mary (new)

Mary Honeycutt (magnoliahoney) | 41 comments I don't know about Drew Barrymore. I guess as long as she is directing and not acting in it. I like the fact that the people casting for Twilight brought in (for the most part) new actors and actresses to the big screen. Kristin Stewart was the only one that was in a lot of big screen movies but nothing to this magnitude. Drew has too much and she always plays cutesy roles and I don't want BD to be cutesy at all.

message 6: by Elena (new)

Elena Hubner | 64 comments lol. what cutsey roles are there in breaking dawn. except renesmee and all but i don't think drew barrymore could pull off a baby.

message 7: by Christa (is on top of the world!) (last edited Jul 04, 2009 07:59AM) (new)

Christa (is on top of the world!) (obsesedwbooks) | 19 comments Elena wrote: "lol. what cutsey roles are there in breaking dawn. except renesmee and all but i don't think drew barrymore could pull off a baby."

I totaly agree with you on that one!
Speaking of Renesemee, I wonder how they're going to pull her off in the film; they'd have to swich child charachters so often and I'm not sure how they're going to make them all look like the same charachter growing up at a half human, half vampire rate.

message 8: by Elena (new)

Elena Hubner | 64 comments oh yeah, i never thought of that. maybe they'll.... well idk. hmmm, i really don't think they'll be able to pull her off very well.

Christa (is on top of the world!) (obsesedwbooks) | 19 comments Well, they pulled it off in The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, but that was a single complex (as in not in a series), and they actually had the time and money to pull a stunt like that! The Twilight series shouldn't have been put into films; at least, not like Harry Potter, it's far more complex.

message 10: by Mary (new)

Mary Honeycutt (magnoliahoney) | 41 comments Admittedly, the many castings of Renesme will not be an easy task. Those casting directors are definitely going to earn their keep for that one. But, I totally think it's possible. There are so many different people out there that look alike, with similar facial features. Now, whether they all try out for the part is, I guess, a different issue. ha ha.

message 11: by ♥BookGeek♥ (new)

♥BookGeek♥ (bookn) | 781 comments My friend says that she got invited to audition for Renesmee. She didn't say which part and all but still. I guess they will have to put a baby in the first time she's born and the rest will be just 1 actress with different face makeup and all. God I feel bad for the person who's going to play Renesmee!

Christa (is on top of the world!) (obsesedwbooks) | 19 comments BookGeek wrote: "My friend says that she got invited to audition for Renesmee. She didn't say which part and all but still. I guess they will have to put a baby in the first time she's born and the rest will be jus..."

Diddo(me too)!

message 13: by ♥BookGeek♥ (new)

♥BookGeek♥ (bookn) | 781 comments Really? Did your friend get invited to audition for Bree in Eclipse too? Because mine did as well.

message 14: by Elena (new)

Elena Hubner | 64 comments what! how did they get invited to audtiton?

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Some people have agents, or managers. There are also open casting calls. And some people that work on the film, hear about actors that fit the bill, and give them invitations to audition.

message 16: by ♥BookGeek♥ (new)

♥BookGeek♥ (bookn) | 781 comments No, mine didn't get agants or managers. I know there is a strange, psyco reason but I do know that she dosen't have an ageant or a manager.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Well, like I said, the people working on it, could have heard of her.

message 18: by ♥BookGeek♥ (new)

♥BookGeek♥ (bookn) | 781 comments Ah. Well, I envy her, that's what.

message 19: by Stephanie, Loves Vamps and Werewolves but Zombies scare me!! (new)

Stephanie | 4175 comments Mod
I am wondering why they would even be auditioning for nessie when they have not even finished the casting for Eclipse yet and BD is so far away anyone that they pick would obviously change a lot during that time...sounds fishy to me.

message 20: by ♥BookGeek♥ (new)

♥BookGeek♥ (bookn) | 781 comments That did surprise me. They haven't even gotten a director for BD yet! But my friend wouldn't lie though. I know that she has or will audition for Bree. But when she told me that she was going for Bree, Eclipse had no director. I wonder...

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

They are thinking on their feet I guess...

message 22: by ♥BookGeek♥ (new)

♥BookGeek♥ (bookn) | 781 comments Whaddaya mean?

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

They are thinking ahead, and taking action very quickly.

message 24: by ♥BookGeek♥ (new)

♥BookGeek♥ (bookn) | 781 comments Too quickly. Announcing casting calls before anything that has been decided on yet, is pretty risky.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Agreed.