The Next Best Book Club discussion

Newbies Corner > Hi everyone - newish here :)

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nicki (new)

Nicki (luluminstrel) Hi - I've been posting a bit on the Summer Challenge thread but maybe it's time to introduce myself formally :o

I'm Nicki and I live in the UK with one hubby and two cats. Been reading ever since I can remember and actually managed to get a job where I read for a living - I'm an editor (but please don't check my spelling - computer time is my time off :)

I read almost anything - too hard to pick favourite genres, although murder-mystery and sci-fi may be up there somewhere.

Lovely to be here - I'm loving the Summer Challenge - it's encouraged me to get on and read some stuff that I've been wanting to try for ages :)

message 2: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Ellis | 176 comments Hi Nikki,
I live in Texas with hubby and two dogs.
I attended school for awhile in England, Bristol.
Me Mum grew up in Chippenham.
Lovely to meet you!
Sharon

message 3: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10123 comments Mod
Hi Nicki -- Welcome to the group. Its nice to have you hear, and glad to hear you are participating in the challenge!

Petra: all work & no play makes you poor.On hiatus (petra-x) Hi there Nicki. I grew up in the S Wales Valleys but now live in the Caribbean. My spelling, typing and grammar are crap because I used to edit too and now will only do it if I get paid for it!

message 5: by Atishay (new)

Atishay | 1451 comments Welcome to the group Nicki!

message 6: by Hayes (new)

Hayes (hayes13) Hi Nicki, Rome Italy here!! and another editor... unemployed, unfortunately.

Welcome.

message 7: by Della (new)

Della Hi Nicki :) Welcome to the group.
Hey Hayes, you live in Italy? I lived there for two and a half years until I moved to Maryland! awesome
--della :0)

message 8: by Jo (new)

Jo Hi Nicki i live in the uk too :)

message 9: by Edith (new)

Edith | 256 comments Hi Nicki! Welcome to the group, I wish I were paid to read for a living. So jealous :)

message 10: by Hayes (new)

Hayes (hayes13) Hi again Nicki.

I have lived here since 1986 (egads!!). Love Italy, but am not loving Rome much these days. Where did you live?

We've just come back from the mountains, which I always love, and which recharges my sane cells (or whatever you call it).

message 11: by Lisa Julianna (new)

Lisa Julianna (lisajulianna) | 1053 comments Hi Nicki,

Welcome to the group!!!

message 12: by Bhumi (new)

Bhumi | 524 comments Hi Nicki! Welcome.