Young adult fantasy discussion

Percy Jackson or Maximum Ride?

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Tiffany-Krystal Bristol (pinkmerlot) Who is better, Percy Jackson or Maximum Ride? Percy's dad is poisidon but Max has wings.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Maximum Ride is way better. I mean it has way better twists in the plot. Plus the author is more well known.

message 3: by Jesse, Founder (new)

Jesse | 84 comments Mod
wait percy sounds sweet but i have read max

Tiffany-Krystal Bristol (pinkmerlot) I agree with you Eme, you have a good point.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

XD

message 6: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) percy all the way. of course i haven't read maximum ride, so.............

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I just finished Max. It was so good. Maximum Ride is so much better than Percy Jackson.

message 8: by Karina (last edited Jul 30, 2009 03:18PM) (new)

Karina | 74 comments Mod
I would have said Maximum Ride but with this new green twist that JP is throwing...it's hard to say. I loved the seires more when they were fugatives.

But I just love greek mythology and the PJ was fun to read.

But I think MR wins by a hair.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah, I guess you have a point, everyone loves a rulebraker/fugative better. . .

message 10: by Karina (new)

Karina | 74 comments Mod
of course. it's more interesting.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

XP

message 12: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) i'd read maximum ride, but my library doesn't have the first book

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

The angel expirment is the best one except mabye the last one which I'm still reading.

message 14: by Karina (new)

Karina | 74 comments Mod
What?! How can you hate MR? I mean the 4th one was a downer, but...!

message 15: by Karina (new)

Karina | 74 comments Mod
They're not! It's just how they talk! They're uneducated! You can have educated phrases coimng out of uneducated children!

message 16: by Emma (new)

Emma (gingyforever) | 15 comments Mod
I haven't read Percy but its gotta be pretty dang good to beat Maximum Ride! Yeah, the 4th wasn't as good (I agree with Karina) but Max is just awesome. She's got wings, and the books have real voice and personality and suspense to them.

message 17: by Jesse, Founder (new)

Jesse | 84 comments Mod
lol its really easy to get past the grammatical errors in MR if u understand the storyline

message 18: by Karina (new)

Karina | 74 comments Mod
Thank you Jesse! You have to remember that these are children, manly Max who tells the story, that have never ever gone to school, or care for correct grammar since it doesn't put food on the table, so to speak.

message 19: by Jesse, Founder (new)

Jesse | 84 comments Mod
lol exactly which doesnt mean they are not smart they are just not usd to this version of the world they are used to the inside of the school(lab)

message 20: by MarielaBlu (new)

MarielaBlu (queenscove) i like percy though i haven't read any books on max

message 21: by Karina (new)

Karina | 74 comments Mod
right. Oh I love the Percy books, I'm excited and not for the movie.

message 22: by Emily (new)

Emily (personah) | 1 comments I can't wait til i get to read fang!!! I read an exert that was only like 5 pages long or something but it was so good! sigh........i wish i had more money :(......

message 23: by Lora (new)

Lora (0-jsml) | 5 comments max totally.

message 24: by Karina (new)

Karina | 74 comments Mod
I don't know. I'm really starting to love the PJ books way more than the Maximum Ride books. I don't like where JP is taking the series.