Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Monthly "Reads" > Jan G.'s June Reads

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by JanG (last edited Jul 03, 2009 06:43PM) (new)

JanG | 165 comments I had a good month again. Not as many as last month, but still had 9 books.

1. Dead Before Dark by Wendy Corsi Staub. The "Night Watchman" serial killer emerges after a 35 year absence. I always enjoy Wendy's book and they continue to be CPDs.

2. Murder Among Strangers by Jonnie Jacobs. A re-read for me in the Kate Austin series (#4 and final book). Kate is kidnapped.

3. The Last Good Night by Emily Listfield, NTMA. Laura Barratt used to be Marta and an old boyfriend finds her 21 years later to confront her terrible past.

4. Best Intentions by Emily Listfield. NYC - 4 old college friends nearing 40. One is killed.

5. Waiting to Surface by Emily Listfield. Sarah's husband is missing on a trip to Florida. Never found. How she and daughter cope. Based loosely on the author's real life experience with her own missing husband.

6. Murder of a Botoxed Blond by Denise Swanson. Skye Dennison investigates a spa murder.

7. The Neighbor by Lisa Gardner. Young wife/mother/teacher is missing. Husband is suspect; neighbor is suspect.

8. Pleas of Insanity by Jillianne Hoffman. Wife & 3 kids killed by husband. Pleads insanity. Is he?

9. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows. Story of German occupation on the island of Guernsey told thru a series of letters. Like Cheryl, I recommend. Interesting history lesson.

message 2: by Susie (new)

Susie Fevella (susieinks) | 1654 comments Jan ~ thanks for reminding me that I'm really getting far behind on the Jonnie Jacobs and Denise Swanson series. Too many good books on the TBR pile :)