Goodreads Feedback discussion

Bugs > not really a bug...new "feature":

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (LisaVegan) | 8939 comments Hi, Today I have noticed a spate of GR users have a lot of books they own that they're will to swap and a ton of spoiler reviews.

And then I went and added a few books to read and almost by accident noticed that I had boxes checked in each of them that this review contains spoilers and wn book have a copy to swap. I had to uncheck them.

Sort of can understand this for spoilers but I would appreciate a very visible option to add that and not have it be the default. There's also no point in having spoiler warnings if most reviews have them, even the ones containing no spoilers, even the ones with no reviews!

And would want the swap feature to never be the default.

I'm sure most users have not seen that these boxes are now checked when they're adding books.

I did not see anything in edit profile to make checkmarks NOT the default.

Is there a way to add that at least?

Thanks for listening.

message 2: by Debbie (new)

Debbie Moorhouse Hmm, yeah, I got caught by this--suddenly I'm trying to give away a book!

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Just casting my vote for neither of these boxes being checked by default.

message 4: by Ken (last edited Feb 18, 2008 09:45AM) (new)

Ken Ditto. I seldom include spoilers in a review (it's not the job of a "review" in my humble opinion) and I wouldn't know how to virtually swap a book if my life depended on it (it can't be as easy as "checking a box" and might involve that institution I avoid at all costs -- and they're pretty high, let me tell you -- the USPS).

message 5: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (LisaVegan) | 8939 comments No comments from the GR staff, but this morning my boxes for sell/swap & for spoiler reviews have unchecked boxes. Yay!

message 6: by Otis, Chief Goodreader (new)

Otis Chandler | 4184 comments Mod
Hey all,

We launched a big upgrade on sunday morning, and it had a few kinks, one of which was that for some reason those checkboxes where on by default, when they should have been off. We corrected it in last nights release, so it should be all good today.

Sorry for the confusion!

Otis

message 7: by rivka, librarian moderator (new)

rivka | 12269 comments Mod
Thanks for the quick fix! :)

message 8: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (LisaVegan) | 8939 comments Yes, thank you very much. Pleased to see those boxes weren't meant to be checked.