I Love The Beatles! discussion

Welcome!

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Catamorandi (new)

Catamorandi (wwwgoodreadscomprofilerandi) Hi. My name is Randi. I have loved the Beatles since they were on Ed Sullivan for the second week in a row. I loved them immediately. There was a certain charisma that was THE BEATLES. Anyway, I met the Beatles in 1966.

message 2: by Catamorandi (new)

Catamorandi (wwwgoodreadscomprofilerandi) I would also like to thank Shruti for inviting me. It looks like a great group. Don't get me talking too much about them, or I'll talk all day.

message 3: by Catamorandi (new)

Catamorandi (wwwgoodreadscomprofilerandi) I actually saw them on TV for the first tour of The Beatles when I was 1963. I was thinking of high school and it was junior high school instead.

message 4: by Rose (new)

Rose  | 5 comments Hey everybody :) My name's Rose :] I've always known that the Beatles exist... and I liked the few songs which I knew were theirs... but I didn't really know much about them until just before I turned 13. My brother came in the room and started playing one of their CD's... Here Comes the Sun came on and I was thinking "Woah... this is awesome! NEED MORE!" so I asked him who it was and I said "Oh.. right... I guess I should've known that..." and so for a month or two I was completely HOOKED on the Beatles, researching them, listening to their music, etc. I just couldn't get enough of them. That started a whole new wave of my love for not only the Beatles but all music, really. I listen to music quite a bit differently now than I did then. :] Yep, so that's how I fell in love with the Beatles.

message 5: by Shara (new)

Shara | 3 comments Your story is pretty much exactly the same as mine, Rose. I was about 12 years old also when my brother introduced me and our little sister to the Beatles. He definitely regretted that move after awhile because we listened to nothing else for the next 2 years (all day, every day)! It's hard not to want to know everything about them once you get 'hooked', and I don't think the obsession ends until you feel satisfied that you have completed your education, so to speak. Now, twentysome years later, my daughter is going through the same experience. She's the one who started this group (Emmaleigh). I didn't have the internet, so my level of "obsession" could only go so far, but it was no less consuming. :)

message 6: by Shley (new)

Shley | 10 comments Hello - I'm Ashley. I'm 24 and am from England. :)

I have always loved a few of the songs (I wanna hold your hand, She Loves You, hard days night etc..) but it wasn;t until I met my boyfriend, Simon, that I really started to love them. He os a proper muso, and is a real big fan. I love watching inteviews and documentaries about them, I find them and their career really interesting. My favourite thing about them is John Lennon's voice, he sort of drags the notes and I like that. Plus they make me laugh. :) RIP John and George.