Guitar lovers! discussion

New here?

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

just say something about yourself here.

i will start.

Hey i am 12 and im going to take Guitar this fall. YAY!

message 2: by Resa (new)

Resa (chinchillagirl95) | 1 comments Lol xD
I'm Theresa though, I took two years of guitar when I was like 11 x)

Angelica(JonasBro's Fan!) Hey! I am Angelica and i have always wanted to learn how to play the Guitar!!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Cool! That's awesome I hav always wanted to learn I'm going to this year yay :D

Angelica(JonasBro's Fan!) Wonderful!!

message 6: by Priscilla (new)

Priscilla VdL (dunnopris) Hullo,I'm PRis...I like to play guitar,and i'd like to learn more about music..and guitar playing...and piano :D

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Welcome! me too and i want to play the drums.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Cool :)

message 9: by Iscela (new)

Iscela (iscelapineda) Hi my name is Iscela..I want to learn how to play the dean dime razorback and hopefully this year i will...I know i'm really really new.

message 10: by Craig (new)

Craig Cunningham | 2 comments Hello, I wanted to introduce myself. I am new to the group. I would enjoy any exchange of information, musical notations, improvisational ideas, anything at all. I would like to give you a little background information about myself related to the guitar. I studied music at Musicians' Institute in Los Angeles California. I then formally studied Jazz Guitar as a Music Major at the University of Southern California. As a child, I studied classical guitar at the Conservatory of the Arts in St. Louis, Missouri. I studied formal musical notation for a long time, and I have renewed my interest in playing music. I performed as a professional musician throughout the 1980's and 1990's. I just wanted to provide background information. I now am an attorney, but I have purchased a couple of new guitars, and renewed my interest in music.

message 11: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarahrichmond98) | 1 comments Hi my name is Sarah Richmond

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey :) I'm Louise and I taught myself to play guitar a couple of years ago. Although it's not main instrument I love the flexibility of being able to adapt almost anything to suit your needs and interests and it has certainly fulfilled mine.

message 13: by Sven (new)

Sven Kuehbauch (svensonguitar) | 1 comments HEY Everyone,

my name is SVEN and i am a guitarplayer, too.
I can only say that making music is so much fun and a great gift.
If you have the chance to play or start to learn a instrument
DON`T WAIT - DO IT!!!!
If you want to know more about me check out my author profil - see link...

ROCK `N` ROLL
SVEN
Interactive Chromatic Guitar

message 14: by Maribelle (new)

Maribelle (iatetheramen) Hi. I'm Maribelle, or Marbs, or Marble. Whatever you prefer. x3 I'm 19. I play guitar, bass, drums/timpani/quad toms/random aux. percussion, piano, and a little alto sax. Once I'm financially independent and working, I plan on going back to school to get a BA in music for my own personal achievement.

Aside from music, I like anime/manga, animals, junk food, nail art, video games, office/school supplies, and of course books.

message 15: by Craig (new)

Craig Cunningham | 2 comments I am an Attorney and work for a Law Firm with offices in Naperville and Harvey, Illinois. I am a guitarist, and I have played the guitar and studied music since the age of 10. I studied music first at the Conservatory of the Arts, St. Louis, Missouri. Then, In 1984, I attended the Musicians Institute in Los Angeles, California. At the Musicians Institute, I had the opportunity to study with Keith Wyatt, Daniel Gilbert, Don Mock, Joe Pass, and a variety of brilliant musicians. After I graduated, I worked as a session musician in Los Angeles. I then went on tour with two different bands, as we toured the U.S. I came back to Los Angeles, and attended the University of Southern California Guitar Program. I studied with Paul La Rose, Duke Miller, and William Kanengiser. Through the University of Southern California, I attained strong performance skills in Classical Guitar and Jazz Guitar. I graduated with a Bachelor's in Music and Political Science in 1990 from the University of Southern California. After trying to decide upon different career choices, I decided to go to Law School. I decided to follow my studies at the University of Chicago School of Law. As an interesting side note, I entered University of Chicago School of Law in 1990 and in 1992, I took two classes from, at the time, Professor Barack Obama, who of course now is President of the U.S. I graduated from University of Chicago in 1993, and started practicing Law.

Now, I find myself reinvigorated with my love of music. I really do love music. I am teaching undergraduate law courses. I am very interested in pursuing my music studies. I want to continue formally studying music with more seriousness. I am seeking an audience with you, Dr. Hathaway, and Mr. Haque, because I want to pursue a PhD in Jazz Studies and Musicology.

I am including a link to our legal website. I hope this can provide you with additional information. Further, you may find the Legal Jet Website interesting as a method through which Attorneys answer general questions for those who need answers. I can be found at http://www.legaljet.com/Lawyers/Craig...

I am very excited about embarking on continued formal music study. I continue to play guitar and study music presently, but I am looking for more depth in my music study.

message 16: by Neil (new)

Neil McFarlane (neilroymcfarlane) | 1 comments Hi

I'm Neil, I'm from the UK, and I write stories and music. I'm inspired by Stephen Chow, a Hong Kong actor and director who always seems to inject his films with a joyful, in-the-moment spontaneity. My stories are kind of throwaway, silly stories, but sometimes in life we need some throwaway silliness to raise our spirits.

This is one of my songs:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H89R4NQ?...

I was listening to "Real Real Gone" by Van Morrison at the time, so I tried to put a horn section with a similar vibe in the background. I was pleased with it.

: )