Marian Keyes we love you!!! discussion

Suggestions anyone?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by J (new)

J Okay... So I'm on Amazon and I'm wondering. Which should I start with?

message 2: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (wwwtiggeriffic81hotmailcom) | 6 comments Mod
Ok well there are books that are part of a series about 5 sisters these come in the order of Watermelon, Rachel's Holiday, Angel and Anybody out there. The fifth one is still to come. One which is not part of the series which i would recommend is The other side of the story. They are all such funny books you will love them!!

message 3: by Paulien (new)

Paulien (paulienos) | 1 comments I would recommend Lucy Sullivan is Getting Married too. Very funny!!

message 4: by J (new)

J Thanks for your suggestions. They all sound like great fun. A friend (who loved it) has loaned me Watermelon. I haven't started it yet though because I'm smack dab in the middle of three other books. But soon. Soon...

I particularly like what it says on the back cover about Marian Keyes: She lives in Ireland with her husband and their two imaginary dogs.

message 5: by Bev (new)

Bev | 4 comments I would not start with Watermelon because I think it's the weakest of her books. I'd say start with Sushi for Beginners--it's delightful and not a part of the Walsh sisters series. I just happened to start out by stumbling upon Anybody Out There, which I think is SUPERB, and then I went back to the other Walsh sister stories. I liked approaching it this way and would not change it at all. I think I appreciated all of her other books a lot more having read her masterpiece first!