Movies We've Just Watched discussion

Jumper

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Julie (new)

Julie | 25 comments I again had high hopes for this action film but found it to be another let down. Boring. Hayden Christensen was looking mighty fine so staring at him for the movie made it tolerable. When will the movie drought end?!

message 2: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey (MrazFan) | 19 comments I had little hopes for this movie... horrible reviews across the board but I actually liked it. Liked it, not loved it. I did think it showed a little TOO much jumping...we get the point already.

message 3: by Tracy (new)

Tracy | 14 comments i actually rather enjoyed it, but then again, i went in not expecting much. i really enjoyed how they portrayed the teleporting (dare i say, it was even better than nightcrawler). i don't really understand why hayden christensen and rachael bilson keep getting cast in stuff, but i guess they are really nice to look at. although hayden is just a cardboard version of ryan phillipe in my personal opinion. :)

message 4: by Shane (new)

Shane Sutton | 1 comments jumper is like leons story because they both have man vs society during the story

message 5: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey (MrazFan) | 19 comments Tracy, have you ever seen Life As A House? If not, rent it. Hayden in pre Star Wars blew me away!

message 6: by Angie (new)

Angie I just rented this movie... it was good enough to watch at home. The end had a lot of stuff going on.. maybe too much action. But I enjoyed it for it just being a little action movie.

message 7: by Alison (new)

Alison I rented this movie this week to watch with my husband because I thought he'd like it. I thought it was really bad. There was very little story...the characters were one-dimensional. Without the major stars, I think this would have been straight-to-video.

message 8: by Robert (new)

Robert | 9 comments I agree with the consencus(hope I spelled that right.) Jumper was a pretty boring movie. It was not something I haven't seen before. Definitely not a keeper in the DVD collection.

message 9: by Gail (new)

Gail D.C. | 228 comments I thought it was all right I was expecting a little more overall but it was good. Also in watching the extras they say they were or are hoping to do one or two sequals. Mabey with it not doing so well they wont but they were thinking of more.

message 10: by Sheryl (new)

Sheryl (Shashee71) | 71 comments I guess that I am one of the minority here! I agree with Tracy in the fact that I went into it with very low expectations... however was pleasantly surprised at how much I really enjoyed the movie from beginning to end. The scenery was absolutely beautiful..not to mention it was very action packed. I don't see how anyone could find it boring?

I honestly loved the entire cast and thought that Hayden and his little sidekick "jumper" were great! Rachel Bilson is adorable and I thought that she did a good job, as well. I forgot that she was in the movie and was happy to see her again. I was a huge OC fan and loved Summer!!

I do agree that it was definitely a renter, though.

All in all... I thoroughly enjoyed it and would recommend it!

message 11: by Misty (new)

Misty (PotterFreak) | 3 comments I thought the action in Jumper was great. Parts of it did keep me on the edge of my seat. What bothered me most about it is that is appears the people that created the movie were just using it to launch a franchise. I mean, it had sequel(s) written all over it. I had so many questions by the time I left. Not to spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it, but for instance I had a lot of questions about his mom and her involvement and how it all started. I left the movie very frustrated.

message 12: by Marc (new)

Marc (AuthorGuy) | 302 comments I read the book long ago, and the sequel. I have heard nothing about the movie that makes me want to poison my memories of the book, which was centered on the man with the power, the consequences of having it on his life, and not the power itself.

message 13: by Sandi (new)

Sandi (Sandikal) I went in with very low expectations and ended up liking it. (I had not read the book.) My son wanted to see it and I didn't see anything about it that looked inappropriate, so I took him. He liked it a lot.