Chicks On Lit discussion

Archive 08-19 GR Discussions > NO SPOILERS Snow Flower And The Secret Fan

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rose (new)

Rose (roseo) Hope you are enjoying this great story about women; daughters, mothers, sisters and friends. Add your comments as you are reading without spoilers!

message 2: by Melanie (new)

Melanie Peake (melglee) | 14 comments Oh boo! I've reserved this at the Library, and it hasn't arrived yet! Hope I can read it in time!

message 3: by Rose (new)

Rose (roseo) Melanie, whenever you get to it, our monthly selection discussions are always here. Besides today is only July 2nd! :D

message 4: by Melanie (last edited Jul 03, 2009 11:33AM) (new)

Melanie Peake (melglee) | 14 comments Rose wrote: "Melanie, whenever you get to it, our monthly selection discussions are always here. Besides today is only July 2nd! :D"

Ahh yes, but I still have so many other things to read! Also, as part of trying to remain relevant as a human being in the Libraries service, I have to complete a Frontline Reader Development Course.....AAaaaaarrrrgh! Trying to assess and develop other reader's reading habits, is eating into my own reader development!!!! ;)

message 5: by Kristin (new)

Kristin (kgansor) | 111 comments I started reading it on Friday on my way to camp and i just love it, I have two more books by her and cant wait to read the others.

message 6: by Melanie (new)

Melanie Peake (melglee) | 14 comments Picked up book yesterday! Hurrah!

message 7: by Meg (new)

Meg (megvt) | 3069 comments I loved this book. It is a great story about friendship and culture.

message 8: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (courtneyclift) | 61 comments Sounds like something I should pick up asap...Meg, did you hear news that I broke my HIP?! If not, I posted the complete story on my goodreads news (I only had Holli's cell in hospital AND nursing home/rehab so I was limited to 160 word texting. I drove Every One crazy!).

I'm finally back on line as of last night, cleared all the e-mails, crap, etc. and tried to get back to all the "chicks" I am in closest touch with (I missed your brevity (since you know I have no "filter") and sense of humor most, LMAO).

Any hoo, good to be back but I'm still in "slow-mo" as I "Courtney-Proof" MY floor of the house. We have 40 odd steps inside alone because these old row houses are tall/narrow and the DOCS were afraid to let me go. It was my son Ben's 13th on July 5 and I was determined to get home or else (what...? who knows). I just knew it was the last milestone from child to young man and I had to be here for the day!

Hope you're having a great summer. Write and tell me news! I missed the "outside" world, LOL.

Peace, Love, Health and Happiness to ALL! xo

message 9: by Meg (new)

Meg (megvt) | 3069 comments Oh Courtney how could I have missed this? I am so sorry about your hip. How did you do that? I would have come to visit, I am only 3 hours from NJ. You poor thing, I hope you are not in too much pain and that you are healing well. It is nothing like our children that hurries the healing process.

let me know if there is anything I can do.
xxx
meg

message 10: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne (adriennemarietheresa) | 175 comments Just got my copy from the library yesterday. The lady signing out our books for us couldn't help but gush over this one when she saw it. You know you've got a treasure when the librarian loved it!

message 11: by Spencer (new)

Spencer (spencerafreeman) | 143 comments this is one of my FAVORITE books! I love the different female relationships. I really find myself bonding with the characters, especially Snow Flower

message 12: by Renee (new)

Renee (elenarenee) | 275 comments I didn't care for this book. I have read so many like this done so much better. Althouhg See's Peony in love is incredible in its depictation of the reliegous beliefs of the times

message 13: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne (adriennemarietheresa) | 175 comments we need names Renee, don't tease us!

message 14: by Renee (new)

Renee (elenarenee) | 275 comments LOL its the authors other book. Peoney In Love.

message 15: by Melanie (new)

Melanie Peake (melglee) | 14 comments Kalanna wrote: "Just got my copy from the library yesterday. The lady signing out our books for us couldn't help but gush over this one when she saw it. You know you've got a treasure when the librarian loved it! "

I work in a library, where our chief librarian infamously said to a reader: "Well, actually I don't read much...." ! to which the reader replied, "Can I have that in writing?" !!!!!

message 16: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne (adriennemarietheresa) | 175 comments omg Melanie! can I have her job?!!! who dares to be a chief librarian and doesn't read? it's ludicrous. ha!

message 17: by Melanie (new)

Melanie Peake (melglee) | 14 comments Kalanna wrote: "omg Melanie! can I have her job?!!! who dares to be a chief librarian and doesn't read? it's ludicrous. ha!

"
I know! It's not right that, is it? She reckons she doesn't have time! I hate when people say that! even when they're not librarians! ;)