The Invention of Hugo Cabret The Invention of Hugo Cabret discussion

LOVED this book

Comments Showing 1-50 of 52 (52 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Mcbarron Truly a wonderful book that opens into new worlds. After reading this book we rented a DVD of Georges Mieles (spelling?) films and heartily enjoyed them! My 9-year-old and I read this book simultaneously and he kept asking me... "what part are you on?!"

Recommended for any francophile.....

message 2: by Isabel (last edited Feb 17, 2008 01:33PM) (new)

Isabel I think it was a great book to. The drawings we're so intense!

Dash It was great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 4: by Kara (new)

Kara I don't usually like graphic novels. But I love the way it was done. Having the pictures and text on different pages really helped my reading experience because then the pictures and text are not in competition. I actually feel that the pictures helped telling the story! Incredible for me.

message 5: by Faith (new)

Faith Quick i loved this book too! at first i did not understand what was going on but then i found myself captivated by the story! and my imagination went wild! i found myself more into the visual interpretation of emotion then before! it is a fun book to read/watch!

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Wonderful book! Loved the pictures, they were really detailed.

message 7: by Ann (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ann This was so creative and interesting! I haven't read anything like it before, but I, too, found the pictures helping to tell the story instead of just "illustrating" it. And ditto, I became totally captivated!!

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Wonderful! The pictures helped me understand better and they were really cool and detailed. Mostly why I like this book is because it has the pictures and text on different pages. You can focus on one thing without being distracted by the other.

Kelsie This was a great book in my opinion. The drawings made this book come to life in so many ways. It was a simple book to read, and I've read in many of times. I think it would be a great book for everyone to read.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

i think the author did a great job with this book, the pictures made me have a better picture of everything. I completely loved it.

Ondrea i really enjoyed this book... i kind of like the pictures being a big part of it because it kind of adds a special effect in a way... i would highly recommend this book to anyone!!

message 12: by drew (new)

drew Lved it!

Whatsalisl i loved this book. i put off reading it because the person who told me i should read it also recommended a book to me that ended up seriously depressing me. in the end im glad i read it and ended up rereading it 8 times that month alone. i loved it. ^.^

Thomas This book is Great! I loved it! The illustrations were amazing and made the book awesome! This is one of my favorite books

message 15: by REDD (new) - rated it 5 stars

REDD A very good read. Hopefully the movie adaptation would be good too.

MizziQ There's a movie adaptation?

message 17: by REDD (new) - rated it 5 stars

REDD Yes....Martin Scorsese...coming in 2012 i believe.

MizziQ Ooh there is! I don't like the actor...or the 3D...but I'm still excited. :) Haha

message 19: by no (new) - rated it 5 stars

no Loved it! I really loved the drawings too! The story was just fantastic. I'm pretty excited about the movie. It was so real reading it. You could practically picture it in your head. :)

message 20: by Leah (new) - rated it 4 stars

Leah Listened to the audiobook before getting the book - so first time missed out on the wonderful illustrations!

MizziQ NO! WHY DO THEY EVEN BOTHER TO MAKE AN AUDIO BOOK?!?!

message 22: by Leah (new) - rated it 4 stars

Leah TikiPaws12 wrote: "NO! WHY DO THEY EVEN BOTHER TO MAKE AN AUDIO BOOK?!?!"

:> Mental picture is enhanced, especially for the kids who listen to it and have hard time with reading skills. It's also a great incentive to get kids interested in reading, instead of sitting in front of the time-wasting tv.

Lucien yes such a good book! <3
love it! :)

message 24: by Cassandra (new) - added it

Cassandra I love it so much I think in later times i will read it again!!!

MizziQ I give it to all my friends. Just got back from a b-day party. That was the gift. :)

Joanne I bought it for my grandsons, 7 and 9. They like it a lot.

message 27: by Jtl (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jtl awesome book

Richard it was beautiful, but the plot lost the way a touch towards the end - the chase was relatively shoe horned in rather than having dramatic reason and it all snapped shut a little too neatly. it was gorgeous to look at though, and my 6 year old is enjoying me reading it to him

Elizabeth Loved the drawings. Awesome book!

Starburst this was a good story, but looking at all the drawings were kind of tedious.

message 31: by Zi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Zi I loved this book too! I'd heard of it before, but watching the teaser trailer made me get it from the library, as I was intrigued by the automaton (I'm fascinated by them, after playing the game Syberia a few years ago).

It was awesome, and I'm excited for the movie, but doubt I'll get the chance to see it in theaters (it's so expensive to go now, makes me sad).

message 32: by Kole (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kole Cassandra wrote: "I love it so much I think in later times i will read it again!!!"

I've read it like 3 times

message 33: by Kole (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kole I LOVE long books and this 1 was long and great!! I LOVED IT!!:)

message 34: by Dima (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dima I love the Illustrations in this book! There amazing. This book was amazing! Loved it. :3

Darrah i loved this book it was so cool to look at all those pictures and how they also told the story not just the words

message 36: by Dima (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dima Darrah wrote: "i loved this book it was so cool to look at all those pictures and how they also told the story not just the words"

Agreed! I loved examining the illustrations.

Ashley F My friend and I just picked this book up off the shelf in our school library last year. We thought it was one of the best books ever! I can't believe that the movie is coming out soon! We are deffinatly going to see it together! I thought it was so cool how it told the same story in two different ways! Deffinaly one of my favorites!

message 38: by Alex (new) - rated it 1 star

Alex SUCKED!!!!!! S U C K E D..... Sucked

Darrah Alex, explain. Why do think it sucked? tell me more or I wont believe you

Avery I absolutely LOVE it!! I have read it about six times, and I'm reading it again now. Defiantly my favorite. Have any of you read 'Wonderstruck?'

message 41: by Alex (new) - rated it 1 star

Alex blowes

Jason Lilly Alex wrote: "blowes"

Okay... I'll respect your opinion when you justify it with an explanation.

message 43: by Alex (new) - rated it 1 star

Alex all it is is basiclly a picture book with more words. blows!!!!!!!!!!

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

Alex wrote: "all it is is basiclly a picture book with more words. blows!!!!!!!!!!"

That's what makes it awesome! It looks like your reading a huge book when really,, you are reading les than a quarter maybe

message 45: by sol (new) - rated it 5 stars

sol I am so exited to read it.

Jason Lilly Alex wrote: "all it is is basiclly a picture book with more words. blows!!!!!!!!!!"

Did you read it fully?

message 47: by Ezra (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ezra I loved how the pictures sometimes zoomed in or out.

Olivia Such a great book. I read it in four hours! Has anyone read his other books like wonder struck? How were they?

Jasmine Turner this is a really good book!@#$%^&*()

Emily Ashburn i loved it!

« previous 1