What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Evidence of Things Unseen
This topic is about Evidence of Things Unseen
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > Tennessee Valley Authority [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Philip Patrick | 2 comments Trying to remember a book I read a while back...a novel...one identifying characteristic: I believe it had the Tennessee Valley authority in it. Or maybe it was Ohio. A poetic title I do recall, plot centered around a couple.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

hmmm all i can think of are movies
deliverance
and brother where art thou?

message 3: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl | 22 comments One that centered around that area was The Dollmaker by Harriet Arnow. Would that be a possibility?

message 4: by Laura (new)

Laura (laurahogan) | 71 comments A longshot: Now Let Us Praise Famous Men by James Agee?

Cynthia | 10 comments This sounds like Evidence of Things Unseen by Marianne Wiggins

Philip Patrick | 2 comments Cynthia wrote: "This sounds like Evidence of Things Unseen by Marianne Wiggins"

You are right! Thank you!

message 7: by Andria (new)

Andria (airdna) | 2047 comments Mod
Congratulations on finding your book, Bloom! I'll move this thread to "solved" and update the group bookshelves.

And here's the GR link: Evidence of Things Unseen

message 8: by ``Laurie (new)

``Laurie Henderson (LaurieLynette) | 998 comments I saw a movie starring Montgomery Clift and Lee Remick made around the early 1960's concerning removing backwoods residents before their property is flooded by the TVA but I can't remember the name of it. I think it was adapted from a novel too.