Q&A with Tracy Darity discussion

What Do Readers Really Think About Authors?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tracy (new)

Tracy Darity (tracyldarity) | 4 comments Mod
Hi All,

Recently, I came across a site called Dear Author. I found the following blog to be quite interesting. Actually, I was amazed by some of the comments. So my question to you is, as a reader, do you share the opinions of these readers; and as a author how do you feel about the comments?

Please share your thoughts.

http://dearauthor.com/wordpress/2009/...

Much Love,

Tracy

message 2: by D.K. (new)

D.K. (dkgaston) | 2 comments Speaking as a reader and not an author. Actually, I agree with much of the comments. I hate it when I receive emails or comments from authors marketing themselves, without ever once speaking with me socially. I immediately delete those comments/emails and move on.

I also hate how authors join online bookclubs, never buy any of the suggested books, but don't have a problem with pushing their own work to be one of the group's suggested reads.

message 3: by Tracy (new)

Tracy Darity (tracyldarity) | 4 comments Mod
Hi D.K. guess what I am about to start reading? Friday House...LOL It better be good.

I buy books all the time and to be honest, before releasing my book earlier this year I had no idea how many books were being released daily. So although I continue to purchase my favorites I have made a commitment to buy at least one book a month from an author that is new to me. That's how I ended up purchasing The Friday House.

message 4: by D.K. (new)

D.K. (dkgaston) | 2 comments Hi Tracy, I have my fingers cross about your liking The Friday House. LOL. I appreciate you getting a copy.

I've been making it my goal to buy from writers from various social groups I'm on. I've come across a few winners. I've already had your book sitting on my Goodreads TBR list. Looking forward to reading it.

DK