Everything Paranormal discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > July- What are you reading?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 56 (56 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~, The Restorer (new)

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael) | 1227 comments Mod
Tell us what you are reading or plan on reading this month.

message 2: by Michelle B (new)

Michelle B (karenshell) | 370 comments Mod
ok, here is my last of what i plan on reading for july.(a challenge from another group)
Halfway to the Grave
Pure Blood
Magic Bites
Morrigan's Cross
Succubus Blues
Book of Shadows
Ink Exchange
HeartMate
Odd Thomas

message 4: by Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~, The Restorer (last edited Jul 01, 2009 09:20AM) (new)

So I finished Sleeping with the Fishes this morning and I must say it wasn't a great read but it kept me entertained. I really don't like Fred she is even more self centered than Betsy but Artur( The Prince of the Black Sea) is very intriguing. The story did flow very well and it does have it LOL moments. I will read the sequel just because the story is fun and lighthearted. Now I'm either going to start Full Moon Rising or Love Bites.

message 5: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) Reading Uninvited by Amanda Marrone . It's a YA with very dark undertones so far.

message 6: by Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~, The Restorer (new)

Currently readingThe Accidental Demon Slayer byAngie Fox

message 7: by Michelle B (new)

finished Ink Exchange, interesting with the take on Leslie. Now reading Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost

message 8: by Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~, The Restorer (new)

I really like Ink Exchange currently reading Midnight Awakening and loving it.

message 9: by Chrissy315 (new)

Chrissy315 Jones | 6 comments I'm reading Dead Witch Walking by Kim Harrison. I'm halfway through the book and I'm really enjoying it. I just ordered Halfway to the Grave. I've heard good reviews on the book and can't wait to start it.

message 10: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) Finished Immortal Love Stories with Bite by P.C. Cast and just started Vampire Kisses The Beginning (Vampire Kisses Omnibus) by Ellen Schreiber .

message 11: by Anne (new)

Anne I'm trying to diversify this month. I just finished a romance novel called The Ravencliff Bride. Turns out, it was a paranormal romance about a shapeshifter. I had no idea when I grabbed it. Right now I'm reading an Agatha Christie book, The Mystery of the Blue Train. It's pretty good. I'm almost done with it, so I guess tomorrow I'll start on The Forest of Hands and Teeth, by Carrie Ryan. I've never read a book about zombies before, so this should be interesting.

message 12: by Michelle B (new)

Anne wrote: "I'm trying to diversify this month. I just finished a romance novel called The Ravencliff Bride. Turns out, it was a paranormal romance about a shapeshifter. I had no idea when I grabbed it. Right ..."

I've been wanting to read The Forest of Hands and Teeth, please share what you think of it when you finish!

message 13: by Anne (new)

Anne I've been wanting to read it for a while now, too. I keep hearing that it is a really interesting take on zombies. Hopefully, I'll be able to start reading it today!

message 14: by Rowan (new)

Rowan (rowanhastings) Currently working on People of the Fire by W. Michael Gear.

message 15: by Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~, The Restorer (new)

just finished Midnight Awakening now I'm going to read either Viking Unchainedor Undead and Unwelcome

message 16: by Anne (new)

Anne I finished Forest of Hands and Teeth yesterday. I can't say that I really liked it all that much. It left too many questions unanswered, at least for me. Maybe it was because it was the first book in the series. I might read the next book when it comes out, just to see if I like it any better.

message 17: by Michelle B (new)

@ Anne--thanks, i think i'll still try it though. i seem to read lots of books with unanswered questions!

@Jael--question cause i know you are in the other group too with the challenge, how does midnight awakening fall into aliens/space cowboys?? i've read the first 3 chapters of kiss of midnight and so far it seems like an ordinary vampire book.

message 18: by Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~, The Restorer (new)

The first of the Breeds were aliens who came to earth to feed on humans. The Breeds now are hybrids of those aliens and human females.

message 19: by Lily (new)

Lily (lilithesque) Anne wrote: "I finished Forest of Hands and Teeth yesterday. I can't say that I really liked it all that much. It left too many questions unanswered, at least for me. Maybe it was because it was the first book ..."

oh darn. i am looking forward to it. now im nervious to rec. on other thread. (sorry, im typing 1 handed w baby in other)

message 20: by Anne (new)

Anne Lily wrote: "Anne wrote: "I finished Forest of Hands and Teeth yesterday. I can't say that I really liked it all that much. It left too many questions unanswered, at least for me. Maybe it was because it was th..."

Don't let me stop you from reading it! I don't know anyone else who has read it, and I really want to hear your opinion on of it.
LOL! I understand about the one-handed typing. I have four kids, myself. My oldest is 9, but my youngest is only 15 months. You wouldn't BELIEVE the things I've had to learn how to do with one hand! (Then again...maybe you would)

message 21: by Michelle B (new)

Jael wrote: "The first of the Breeds were aliens who came to earth to feed on humans. The Breeds now are hybrids of those aliens and human females."

ok, thanks! that helps me alot!

message 22: by Anne (new)

Anne Michelle wrote: "@ Anne--thanks, i think i'll still try it though. i seem to read lots of books with unanswered questions!

@Jael--question cause i know you are in the other group too with the challenge, how doe..."

I hope you do read it! I'd love to know what you think.
I just added Midnight Kiss to my to-read list. From what you and Jael are saying, it looks really interesting!

message 23: by Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~, The Restorer (new)

Just started VikingUnchained by Sandra Hill and I am enoying it. It has me LMAO already.

message 24: by Anne (new)

Anne I finished Definitely Dead, yesterday, and I'm halfway through All Together Dead, as of right now. I'll probably read From Dead to Worse next, because I'm totally addicted to Sookie. I'm also really looking forward to starting Revealers. I haven't read many books about witches, so I'm excited! I'm also going to read The Field Guide (Spiderwick Chronicles #1) to see if it's a series that I want to buy for the kids.

message 25: by BK (new)

BK Blue (paradoxically) Brimstone, but my new phone is distracting me. In a good way though.

message 26: by Michelle B (new)

I picked up Morrigan's Cross by Nora Roberts from the library. Only read a few pages so far, so not sure what to think yet.

message 27: by Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~, The Restorer (new)

@ Anne I have read the Spiderwick Chronicles and enjoyed it. I just started my 7yr old on them. he loves it. They are fun fast reads.

message 28: by Anne (new)

Anne Jael wrote: "@ Anne I have read the Spiderwick Chronicles and enjoyed it. I just started my 7yr old on them. he loves it. They are fun fast reads."

Good to know! I'm always on the lookout for something to get my 9 yr old interested in reading. So far, the only thing we've found are comic books!

message 29: by Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~, The Restorer (new)

Yeah I trying to get him into reading chapter books so he can less time on the Playstation.

message 30: by Anne (new)

Anne Jael wrote: "Yeah I trying to get him into reading chapter books so he can less time on the Playstation."

I'm glad mine isn't the only one! I'm afraid his thumbs are going to fall off if I don't do something soon!

message 31: by Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~, The Restorer (new)

Lol those things are addicting for kids.

message 32: by Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~, The Restorer (new)

Just finished On The Prowl( The Urban Werewolf series) and I may say I enjoyed it. The first book wasn't that great so i put it off. Now i can't wait to see what happens with Leader Of the Pack. I'll be starting Odd Thomas on sunday.

message 33: by Anne (new)

Anne I'm starting Bitten, by Kelly Armstrong, tonight. I've heard really good things about this series. Has anyone else read it? I've also got Street Magic, and Poltergeist (Greywalker #2).

message 34: by Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~, The Restorer (new)

I've read Bitten and loved it. One of my favorite Werewolf stories

message 35: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) Just finished Blue Moon (The Immortals, Book 2) by Alyson Noel . I liked Evermore (The Immortals, Book 1) by Alyson Noel better, but will probably read the 3rd one to see what happens with the cliffhanger she left.

message 36: by Anne (new)

Anne Jael wrote: "I've read Bitten and loved it. One of my favorite Werewolf stories"

I like what I've read so far. It doesn't look like it's going to be a fast read, so it makes me feel better that you liked it so much.

message 38: by Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~, The Restorer (new)

put down Bloodring to read Magic to the Bone will finish Bloodring later.

message 39: by Rowan (new)

Rowan (rowanhastings) Currently reading Witch Fire by Anya Bast.

message 40: by Michelle B (new)

I finished Morrigan's Cross and loved it! Cant wait to finish the rest. I'm now reading Succubus Blues.

message 41: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (theholyterror) Hi, I'm new to this group. I'm trying to finish a challenge for the Paranormal Romance group and so I'm reading 6 books right now:

[image error] Skin Trade (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #17) by Laurell K. Hamilton An Ice Cold Grave (Harper Connelly Mystery, #3) by Charlaine Harris No Rest for the Wicked (Immortals After Dark, #2) by Kresley Cole Bitten (Women of the Otherworld, #1) by Kelley Armstrong Stardoc (Stardoc, #1) by S.L. Viehl

My favorite so far has been Succubus On Top, and it looks like I'll finish that one first. Then I'll probably read the rest in the order of the pictures above. I only have until 7/31 to read them all, I'm curious to see if it can even be done!

message 42: by Lauren (new)

Lauren i am almost done The Killing Dance

message 43: by Michelle B (new)

Shannon wrote: "Hi, I'm new to this group. I'm trying to finish a challenge for the Paranormal Romance group and so I'm reading 6 books right now:

[image error] [bookcover:Skin Trade|5215879..."

Welcome! Several of us are in that group too and working at that challenge too. I still have 5 to go but there are lots in that group that are already done!

message 44: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (theholyterror) Michelle wrote: "Welcome! Several of us are in that group too and working at that challenge too. I still have 5 to go but there are lots in that group that are already done!"

Thanks! You wouldn't think reading 9 books in one month would be hard, but it has been for me. I spend too much time fooling around on my computer instead of reading. I also have other hobbies that take up my time too, and then there's work ... but I've been reading Skin Trade at work on my breaks, and sometimes when I'm covering other people, so I get about 30-40 pages read there.

I need to read more though, I've got too many unread books on my shelves!

message 45: by Michelle B (new)

Shannon wrote: "Michelle wrote: "Welcome! Several of us are in that group too and working at that challenge too. I still have 5 to go but there are lots in that group that are already done!"

Thanks! You wouldn't ..."

I know what you mean! I have lots of books on my tbr shelf and I too read one book at work during lunch and one at home. And it doesnt help that i'm addicting to an online game either!

message 46: by Rowan (new)

Rowan (rowanhastings) Currently reading Naamah's Kiss and People of the Earth.

message 47: by Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~, The Restorer (new)

Still reading ODD THOMAS

message 48: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) Destined for an Early Grave (Night Huntress, #4) by Jeaniene Frost , and really enjoying it!

message 49: by Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~, The Restorer (new)

It's out already i really need to pick that up.

message 50: by Michelle B (new)

I think Melodie gets her books early! From everyone else I've heard it comes out tomorrow.

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.