Ted Dekker Fans discussion

What do you thank about the "House" and "Thr3e" movies?

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Theo (new)

Theo (hughes555) | 18 comments The movies were OK. I believe that the books were far better than the movies. They changed so much with the movies. I am just wondering what they are going to change with "Blink of an eye" (they are going to turn it into the next movie).

message 2: by Shadowrider (new)

Shadowrider | 7 comments I did not read the book Three so I am not sure how the movie fared with the book, but I enjoyed the movie. It surprised me at the end. I also enjoyed the movie House. I am not sure that I have seen a movie really represent the book very well. It will be interesting to see how "Blink of an Eye" turns out.

message 3: by Robin (new)

Robin (fitnatic) | 1 comments I thought the same of the movies, they weren't as ggod as the books. On House the character's were just not into it, I thought it was dry, just didn't grab me. I liked Thr3e ok.

message 4: by Tobias (new)

Tobias Taylor (tobstaylor) | 26 comments I don't think that he should have changed the book from Blink to Blink of an Eye. I think Blink sounds way better.

message 5: by Theo (new)

Theo (hughes555) | 18 comments From what I have heard they changed "blink" to "blink of an eye" for the movie. And they changed a lot of the book to make it a lot nicer to islam. I have only read "blink of an eye" not "blink". I'm trying to find a copy of "blink" so I can check it out for myself.

message 6: by Tobias (new)

Tobias Taylor (tobstaylor) | 26 comments I've only read Blink and I have a copy of it. It was the first Dekker book I read. I didn't know they changed the actual book.

message 7: by Theo (new)

Theo (hughes555) | 18 comments Thats what Ive been told. Like I said I have not read "blink" so until I get a copy of it I will not know for sure.

message 8: by Ryan (new)

Ryan I thought the books were far better. I enjoyed the movies but thought they could have been done a lot better with a larger budget.

message 9: by Ryan (new)

Ryan Theo wrote: "From what I have heard they changed "blink" to "blink of an eye" for the movie. And they changed a lot of the book to make it a lot nicer to islam. I have only read "blink of an eye" not "blink". I..."
I have read both I thought the biggest thing changed was just rewording and if I remember right the story was practically the same.

message 10: by Christine (new)

Christine (missfitz496) | 12 comments isn't blink of an eye a different story than blink? from what i have heard, blink was the original story. the book was stripped down to the main plot. The characters and setting were replaced to somewhere in the middle east. the main character changed from male to female. blink is out of print, but used copies can be obtained from Barnes and noble used books on the website. some of them are like brand new for a fraction of the original price, that's where i get all my ted dekker's from.
I would love to see the new house movie, which i can't unless my church library gets a copy, which i doubt because of its rating. That's the reason i'm not allowed to watch it lol. The three movie was really good. i liked the main character (whose name escapes me) but some of the others, like sam, seem disconnected from the story. Also, a better budget probably would have helped.

message 11: by Tobias (new)

Tobias Taylor (tobstaylor) | 26 comments secret window is a bit like thr3e

message 12: by Christine (new)

Christine (missfitz496) | 12 comments secret window? is that a dekker book or what?

message 13: by Tobias (new)

Tobias Taylor (tobstaylor) | 26 comments It's a book by Stephen King I think. But It's also a film with Johnny Depp.

message 14: by Christine (new)

Christine (missfitz496) | 12 comments well i wont pretend to know much about it but from the plot summary i just read the only similarity seems to be that his dog dies lol

message 15: by Ryan (new)

Ryan Christine wrote: "isn't blink of an eye a different story than blink? from what i have heard, blink was the original story. the book was stripped down to the main plot. The characters and setting were replaced to so..."
No the story is still about Seth and Miriam. The setting is pretty much the same just reworded in parts and a couple scenes were removed.

message 16: by Christine (new)

Christine (missfitz496) | 12 comments WOW. on the internet they made them sound different and i just bought both. SIGH. well i wanna collect them all and i only paid 3 dollars so i guess i'll be okay.

message 17: by Katelyn (new)

Katelyn (k311513) | 4 comments i think that house was really good but they kind of made it to where it looks strange but does not make sense unless you read the book. I also think that with the pendagram that made people even christians hesitant about watching the movie because that is not a good sign on the movie to have. Though three was really good and made alot of sense even from not reading it for a while they make it to where people can understand it better then like they did with house where it makes more sense to read the book. overall i hope they will continue to make more ted dekker movies because i love his books

message 18: by ~*Trema*~ (new)

~*Trema*~ (tremarenae) | 2 comments Ok, I have read both Three and House and saw both movies(afterwards)!
Three is awesome in both! movie and book and follows the same storyline!! 4 stars!

House?? The book was awesome as usual Dekker style. The movie....I only wish I could get my $13.00 back. It was sooo blah. Did not even come close to the suspense I had built up for! my 2nd grader could have watched it if there wasn't the blood and maybe creepy Susan, what little it showed of her! Very dissapointed in the movie :(

message 19: by Adam (new)

Adam Collings (adamcollings) | 3 comments I really enjoyed the Three movie. I think they did a great job adapting the story for the screen. (Remember that by definition a lot must be changed and cut out to turn a novel into a movie)

I need to watch House again now. I've only seen it once, and that was before I read the book.

message 20: by Lou (new)

Lou I prefer books so far... The characters in the movie weren't like the book and it was disappointing. But I would love to see another book adaptation and see what happen