Witches, Weres, and Vamps, Oh MY! discussion

Group Read Discussions > Jessica's Guide - No Spoilers

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shanon (new)

Shanon (boban) | 1166 comments Mod
Disscusions of our July Member's Choice: Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey

Please avoid spoilers in this thread.

message 2: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (theholyterror) | 132 comments I borrowed this from work and I'm going to read it sometime this week while on vacation. I was thinking I'd wait for the paperback, but since it's a stand alone title I don't anticipate rereading it, and I don't necessarily need to own it.

I was reading the reviews for this and they're a little mixed but I'm going to give it a chance.

message 3: by Shanon (new)

I'm still on the waiting list for this book at the library... I hope I'll get it soon!

message 4: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (theholyterror) | 132 comments I started this today. It's a little silly and Jessica is kind of annoying but I don't hate it so far.

message 5: by Shanon (new)

The library has this on hold for me right now! I'm excited to be able to read it with the group - I was thinking it was going to be a lost cause. Will start it next :)

message 6: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) I LOVED this book! I truly did not expect to, but I did. Jessica is such a strong character. As much as I loved the Twilight books, Bella is a wimp who lets Edward overshadow everything else. Jessica has a mind of her own and doesn't pine endlessly for anyone. And Lucius...a more tortured character, but one with such a quick biting wit and so much personality, I can't recall in a book in a long time. These are not one-dimensional characters and it is not a one dimensional story. This might be a YA book, but it's still one of the best I've read this year.

message 7: by Elvia (new)

Elvia (elvb) Not the best for me but pretty good. You are right, Melodie, about Jessica being a strong girl. I liked that about her.
I don't usually like cheesy love stories but this wasn't bad.

message 8: by Zen (new)

Zen (zentea) | 3 comments Very Jane-Austen-like.

message 9: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Harvey I feel bad because I haven't read this one yet! Things have been crazy this month between a conference I attended, getting a new job and wedding planning. Sorry guys!

message 10: by Shanon (new)

Wedding Plans? Are you getting married? Congrats (if you are) I think wedding plans make a good excuse for not reading much - they take up so much time!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Beth Fantaskey (other topics)