Writer's Paradise discussion

Writers N-T > Rebecca swears this time she WILL finish her novel.

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Day 1. So far just 331 words of crappy dialouge. How does one make book-people talk sensibly?

message 2: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca I'm going to ease into this--starting with approx. 500 words a day. That means 169 words more today. I could probably spend them on a list of chapter titles!

message 3: by Kenzie, Help feed the hungry. Donate to 30 Hour Famine! (new)

Kenzie | 1305 comments Mod
Welcome to the group, Rebecca! Glad you can join us. :D

Let's see, getting your characters to sound like real people? Hmm ... I'm not sure. You should ask Captain, she's really good at it. :D

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

:D lol Good luck Rebecca, and welome to the group!

message 5: by Rita (new)

Rita Webb (ritawebb) Welcome Rebecca!

I try to keep my characters from making speeches or from doing all the talking for me. So I keep it short. Also, I've heard it said that conversation should be used to create tension between characters. I hope that helps.

message 6: by Elaine (new)

Elaine (caladhiel) | 1020 comments Welcome to the group, Rebecca! =D

message 7: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Thanks everyone!

message 8: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Day 2. Word count: 1129. Now that makes me happy! I removed most of the small talk between the characters, and that made me happy too. Better cut right to the point. A scream in the night. Makes me scared, but happy too. Yup.

message 9: by Rebecca (last edited Jul 01, 2009 03:54PM) (new)

Rebecca Chapter 1: Four million years BC
Chapter 2: Chain Reaction
Chapter 3: What We Did and Why
Chapter 4: The Bomb
Chapter 5: Back to the Future
Chapter 6: In Space-time-space
Chapter 7:...........

message 10: by Kenzie, Help feed the hungry. Donate to 30 Hour Famine! (last edited Jul 02, 2009 08:51AM) (new)

Kenzie | 1305 comments Mod
Awesome word count! It's always nice to break a thousand, isn't it? :D

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

coolio!

message 12: by Daisy (new)

Daisy | 1803 comments Yay!! Rebecca you're doing a great job!
*leaves note in large box with a finger print lock, so if Paul comes to visit he can't read it. In the box there is a bar of chocolate too*

Hey guys,

I'm really bored and I wondered what would happen if I left a baby at Paul's place. So that's what I'm going to do! It's a robot but a very sophisticated robot that with the help of magic can do all that a human baby can do as well as grow up. I haven't created multiples for fear of a Rozen Maiden reaction. Which has happened before when multiple dolls have been created with magic.My great great grandmother made multiples of these dolls and they will kill anything and anyone denying the dolls of attention from there orderer.

No people were harmed in the making of this letter