Group Read Discussions > Men of the Otherworld - Spoilers

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shanon (new)

Shanon (boban) | 1166 comments Mod
Disscusions of our July Group Read Men of the Otherworld by Kelley Armstrong

Feel free to discuss any aspect of the book in this thread. SPOILERS ARE OK

message 2: by Jenna (new)

Jenna I really enjoyed this book! I read it in two days. I could not put it down. I am curious about the rest of the books in the series so I might just read them!

message 3: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne If you enjoyed this book, you'll love Bitten! I read the women series first and had so much fun going back and reading this book to learn more about Clay and Jeremy

message 4: by Renee (new)

Renee (elenarenee) | 42 comments I have to say I am not liking this one as much as I have liked the others. I do admit to not having read many of the Werewolf books. The witches, the half demon and the ghost speaker ohhhhhhhh my I cant get enough.

message 5: by Brenda (new)

Brenda (bmeans) | 3 comments I have re-read the book several times and have found something new each time. i have always loved the Clay character and seeing his childhood and jeremy through the child's eyes was fantastic and very well done. More Men Please!!!!

message 6: by Kelley Anne (last edited Jul 22, 2009 02:53AM) (new)

Kelley Anne I think that part of it depends on personal tastes. I prefer the werewolf books. But that's just me. Some people prefer witches and demons. That's one of the great things about this series, there is something for everyone!

message 7: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 66 comments I have really enjoyed every book in this series, but I definately wouldn't have read this one first, even though technically it comes first. Its a lot of really cool info that is far more interesting if you are already emotionally invested in the characters.

message 8: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne I've been wondering if people recommend reading this first or Bitten first. My sis-in-law hasn't read either one yet, and I was trying to decide which one to give her. I read Bitten and most of the series before Men of the Otherworld. For those of you who've read it first, what do you think?

message 9: by Elvia (new)

Elvia (elvb) I definitely wouldn't read this first. Jessica is right...if you feel emotionally invested in the characters, you will fall for the men more in this book (or despise them more, depending).

message 10: by Julia (new)

Julia | 119 comments Kelley Ann,

I'd definately loan/ give your s-i-l "Bitten" first. It's what Armstrong wanted us to read first. It's the introduction to her world that she wanted us to have.

What surprised me about this was that Malcolm was still an evil bad guy. Even in his own story, with his own POV. How can anyone *hate* a newborn?

message 11: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne I think it really helped me to understand why it is that Jeremy, one of the most laid back guys, still hates Malcolm so badly. He truly was an evil guy!

One of the things that I was thinking about with this book was if those 2 characters that were pack brothers, and left the pack during the change over. Are they going to show back up? I'm trying to remember their names, but I don't have the book in front of me. I think it was Joey and then his dad. Anyways, it said that they ended up settling in Alaska. Well, that's where Frostbitten is supposed to take place. That could be interesting!

message 12: by Julia (new)

Julia | 119 comments Kelley Anne,

Huh, it would make sense that Frostbitten takes place in Alaska, though as someone who lives not too far from Syracuse, we have plentiful cold (and frostbite if we're not careful) as well.

It would be neat if we meet Joey and Dennis. They tell Clay they're moving to Canada. "Dad's been to the west coast there and he thinks it would be a good place for us. Lots of room to roam. No mutts, as far as we know." (p.305)

I gotta say though, that I wish Armstrong made Malcolm more than evil, gave him *some* redeeming quality. Or did she do that and I missed it? IMO, that makes a character, even a bad guy, more interesting.

Julia