Comic Books discussion

what have they done?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Eric (new)

Eric | 62 comments i watched a couple of trailers for the upcoming graphic novel adaptation of wanted, and i gotta ask:

is anybody else disappointed with the cast for the movie?

btw, that would be awesome if they actually got wrestler scott steiner for a villain, hehe

message 2: by Eric (new)

Eric | 62 comments well "wanted" is almost upon us (in the theaters), and after every trailer, it is looking more and more nothing like the graphic novel. anybody else think so? or not? thats cool too, hehe.

message 3: by Tamara (new)

Tamara (flooby) | 15 comments I'm taking the Wanted trade with me on vacation. The movie does look kind of fun and I'm not even an Angelina Jolie fan.

Just from flipping through the trade the main male character looks very average and I thought the male lead for the movie fit that.

I'll withhold judgment until I've read the trade and seen the movie though. It really is a nice time to be a comics fan when it comes to movie adaptations.

message 4: by Tamara (last edited Jul 11, 2008 06:27AM) (new)

Tamara (flooby) | 15 comments Finally read the Wanted trade paperback and saw the movie this week. I liked the trade but wasn't too keen on Eminem being the model for Wesley.

I understand why the movie didn't follow the original story but did the movie writers have to come up with such a lame plot to replace it? What a disappointment that was. I wish we'd waited for rental.

I'm glad Mark Millar got a movie contract but his story bore little resemblance to what appeared on the screen.

message 5: by Eric (new)

Eric | 62 comments finally got around to seeing the wanted movie and i have to express how disappointing it was since, like everyone mentions, it has little similarities to the graphic novel. however, the wackiness of the last 20 minutes really made me laugh and made it almost worth the 2 dollar ticket stub. almost, hehehe.