Luna Lovegood Luverz(LLL) discussion

Anti-Twilight > Anti-Twlight

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah, #1 Luna Lover!! (new)

Sarah Parker (sarahlizaparker) | 489 comments Mod
If you hate Twilight and LOVE Harry Potter this is the group to be in!

""When someone compares Harry Potter to Twilight it is like comparing Einstien to BoZo the clown.Or Bush to Obama.Stephanie Meyer proves ANYONE can get published.It shows that if your story stinks and gets rejected just put in some romance.Harry Potter barrely has ANY romance but Twilight is a pit of icky romance.Now I LOVE romance but not THAT much.It would be better if it didn't have vampires and werewolves and if she didn't use the SAME adjectives OVER AND OVER AND OVER again!!

List:
Pretty
Handsome
Blonde
Smart
Ugly
Nice
Beautiful
Friendly(ADV)

Get it?

I mean it is rude to J.K. Rowling that someone like Meyer compares herself to Rowling!!!It is clear that even I could write something better than her.

Stephanie Meyer makes the author of The Enyclopedia of Stupid look like an einstien!!

I HATE IT when kids at school say,"I couldn't even get through the first chapter of Harry Potter ."Clearly Twilight is taking over the world!!" ""--Luna Potter

message 2: by Lilli (new)

Lilli (lillig) I hate twilight but my friends love it : (
Twilight has too much romance.

message 3: by Sarah, #1 Luna Lover!! (new)

It does I mean I do like lovey lovey movies but lovey lovey books.......

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Twilight's romance isn't love! It's lust! DO they ever give a reason to like each other except looks and smells? I mean, seriously! My review of Twilight is long...

message 5: by Sarah, #1 Luna Lover!! (new)

please post on here!I would love to read it!

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

My review:

Ugh, HATE it.
It's so horrible... and it's the best one in the series.

Reasons why I hate Twilight:

1. Bella. She's whiny and inconsiderate, she's a damsel in distress, and she's EXTREME clumsy (I fall a lot, but come on, she's just way to extreme). She's also stupid. But oh, her looks are perfect, she's absolutely beautiful, and that's why Edward lovers her. Oh, and she smells absolutely delightful.
I told my friend that I didn't like Twilight and one reason was because of Bella.
me: "Edward only likes her because she smells good."
her: "Well, she's also supposed to be really pretty..."
NOTHING about her personality.
Also, at her old school, she's this weird kid. In Forks, she's miss popular, miss i-get-asked-out-by-everyone-cuz-I'm-beautiful. And the only reason she chose Edward over everyone else (the much nicer, sweeter guys) is because of his looks!

2. Edward. He's perfect in every way. Except that he can't stop himself from being in love. That's NOT a flaw. He's so perfect, he's boring. I don't like a book without flaws, why should I like a character without flaws? He's also a stalker. No, it's totally normal to only like a girl because of her looks and the way she smells. It's also normal to creep into her room every stinkin' night.

3. The plot. I know other people have said this, but it's SO true. There is no plot. Their everyday and nightly love being described isn't interesting! The only "climax" scene is at the END, and Bella gets knocked out at the beginning of it! And they don't recount anything!

4. Stephenie Meyer. She's living through the book. She wishes she could find someone perfect, and making teen girls think that Edward is real and someday he'll like them. And when you read the description of Bella's appearance, then look at a picture of Meyer, they look a like. *gasp*! She also describes the kissing scenes too much, and the "Oh Edward" "oh Bella" scenes too much, and not enough conflict! This goes along with #3.

5. The Twi-hards. I used to like Twilight. Then I read breaking dawn and thought it was the 2nd worst book ever. But then people's responses when I said I only liked it "HOW COULD YOU??!!! HOW COULD YOU HATE TWILIGHT???!!! I HATE YOU, TRAITOR!!!" I mean, what the hell? All this over a book that's not very good? Come on, get a life, Twilight lovers! Oh, and on GoodReads, the super Twi-hards can't spell

6. Messages. Here are the messages it sens out to girls.
~If a bunch of guys like you, go for the hottest one, even if he's creepy, because only looks matter.
~It's perfectly OK for a guy to come into our room at night and watch you without you knowing. In fact, it's romantic.
~It's fine to love a guy because he's hot, and the only reason he likes you is because you smell good.
~It's alright to get into all kinds of trouble and almost kill yourself. The GUY you love will come get you out.
~Whenever someone tries to give you something, whine about it. You know they could do better, just let them think you don't want presents until they give you everything.
~It's perfectly fine to get married at 18. And then you can get pregnant at 18! Oh, but you HAVE to be married first, but of course it's alright to get married and have a kid at 18 years old!
~If you're a girl, you can't do anything. The guy will come and save you if you get in any kind of trouble.

7. The "love." OK, so Bella is COMPLETELY in love with Edward after like, what, a week? And he only likes her because she SMELLS GOOD and he can't read her mind. That's not love! Love is getting to know someone, talking to them, and actually FEELING a connection, not just based on hotness!

8. Hype. It's not that great of a book, and should NOT be compared to Harry Potter. Harry Potter is so much more realistic even though it's about wizards because it discusses all the teenage moments, actual love, death, and not always a happy ending! Life is more like Harry Potter if you took out the simple part of magic.

message 7: by Sarah, #1 Luna Lover!! (new)

#6 was REALLY funny!

message 8: by Ginger, #1 Hermione Lover!! (new)

Ginger Sparkstar (numberoneHarryPotterfan) | 28 comments Mod
LOL

message 9: by Sarah, #1 Luna Lover!! (new)

LOL

message 10: by Sarah, #1 Luna Lover!! (new)

Good to know.

message 11: by siyao, #1 Ginny Lover!! (new)

siyao (siyaoi) | 82 comments Mod
Twilight was okay. HP WAS ROCKIN'

message 12: by Sarah, #1 Luna Lover!! (new)

YEAH!!

message 13: by ♫Huneeya♥ (new)

♫Huneeya♥ | 18 comments i agree with sisi....i used 2 rly like twlight but the more i think about it the stupider it gets! i mean they only love each other because of looks and smells there is nothing about personality in that!

message 14: by Sarah, #1 Luna Lover!! (new)

I KNOW!