COOKIES! discussion

Recipes > Cookie recipes

Comments Showing 1-50 of 115 (115 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Kim, Cookie Master (last edited May 28, 2010 07:41AM) (new)

Kim (mrsnesbitt) | 530 comments Mod
This is now the cookie file. I will add ones for other baked goods as we go.

All recipes posted by me, are my own orginal recipes, unless stated other wise. Please feel free to post original or time tested recipes. Please note that baking times for my recipes may vary from oven to oven. Adjust as needed.

message 2: by Paul, Ace cake baker (new)

Paul (merman1967) | 52 comments Mod
Cookies to start, preferably with WHITE CHOCOLATE! {drool drool}

message 3: by Kim, Cookie Master (new)

I just created a new cookie with white chocolate chips called Raspberry Tuxedo Cookies. I will copy it down and post it tomorrow.

message 4: by Paul, Ace cake baker (new)

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM sounds goooooood!!!!!!!!

message 5: by Kim, Cookie Master (last edited Aug 06, 2011 08:14AM) (new)

Kim's Raspberry Tuxedo Cookies

Pre heat 350 degrees

2 1/4 c flour

2/3 c cocoa

1 tsp baking soda

1/4 tsp salt

1 c butter softened

3/4 c sugar

1/2 c brown sugar

1 tsp vanilla

1 tsp. instant coffee or instant espresso

3/4 tsp raspberry extract

2 eggs

1 12 oz pkg of white chocolate chips

In medium bowl, mix flour, cocoa, salt, and baking soda. In large bowl, cream butter and sugars. Mix in eggs and extracts. Add dry slowly, until mixed well. Add chips. Drop by tsp. onto an UNDGREASED cookie sheet. Bake 9-11 minutes. Cool 2 min on sheet before moving to rack.

Makes about 4 doz.

message 6: by Kim, Cookie Master (new)

O.K., I posted a recipie, so where's yours?

message 7: by Paul, Ace cake baker (new)

Here is the first cookie recipe I ever baked: Lace Cookies. Decades later I still like them... and I got the recipe off Christmas wrapping paper!

Lace Cookies
1 cup butter or margarine, melted 1-1/2 cups brown sugar (packed)
2-1/4 cups rolled oats 1/2 tsp. salt
1 tbsp. molasses, if desired 3 tbsp. flour
1 egg, slightly beaten 1 tsp. vanilla.

Add sugar to butter; pour over rolled oats. Let stand at room temperature overnight so oats absorb butter.

Heat oven to 375. Mix remaining ingredients into oats. Drop level teaspoonfuls of dough 2" apart on heavily greased baking sheet. Bake only 12 cookies on a sheet. Bake 5 to 7 min., or until brown around edges. Allow to remain on sheet a few min. until firm, then immediately remove with spatula to cooking rack.

Makes 6 doz. cookies.

message 8: by Paul, Ace cake baker (new)

And here is a recipe from a good friend in Vermont... that interestingly enough uses a variation of the Lace Cookies I posted the recipe for! Not sure if we are counting Brownies as cookies but here y'all go anyways!

Tracey’s Wicked Brownies

2 packages dark chocolate Brownie mix Dark Chocolate Raspberry chips
Caramel squares, cut into 1/4's melted caramel
Lace Oatmeal Cookies Hershey’s syrup

Prepare brownie mix according to package directions, add desired amount of dark chocolate raspberry chips. Bake. Cool in pan 10 minutes, crumble cookies over the top and drizzle with chocolate syrup and melted caramel.

message 9: by Paul, Ace cake baker (new)

Since you just HAD to post about (a type of) rum balls....

Rum Balls

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1/2 cup Bacardi 151 rum
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
2 1/2 cups finely crushed vanilla wafers
1 cup finely chopped, toasted walnuts

Directions
Into a large bowl, sift together 1 cup of the confectioners' sugar, the cocoa powder and allspice. Stir in the rum and corn syrup. Stir in the vanilla wafers and walnuts, and mix well. Place in the refrigerator to firm up slightly, about 30 minutes. (The mixture may appear crumbly and dry; this is O.K.)

Place the remaining 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar in a shallow bowl or dish. Using a tablespoon, scoop out portions of the chocolate mixture and press into 1-inch balls. Using your hands, roll the balls in the confectioners' sugar, coating evenly.

Place on a baking sheet, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks, placing waxed paper between the layers to prevent sticking

message 10: by Paul, Ace cake baker (new)

Hi there. Just found this recipe, haven't tried it yet but I will!

5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE
4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
A small splash of vanilla extract
1 large coffee mug (MicroSafe)

Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
Pour in the milk and oil and mix well..
Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, and mix again.
Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts.
The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed
Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.
EAT ! (this can serve 2 if you want to feel slightly more virtuous).
And why is this the most dangerous cake recipe in the world?
Because now we are all only 5 minutes away from chocolate cake at any time of the day or night!

message 11: by Kim, Cookie Master (new)

That sounds good. I am working on a new one called "Peaches and Cream" that will have white chips. I will post when ready.

message 12: by Kim, Cookie Master (last edited Oct 10, 2010 11:03AM) (new)

PEACHES AND CREAM COOKIES

Pre-heat 350

1 1/2 c flour

1 tsp. baking soda

1 tsp cinnamon

1/2 tsp. ground ginger

1/2 tsp salt

1 c butter, softened (2 sticks)

1 c brown sugar, packed

1/2 c. sugar

2 eggs

1 tsp vanilla

1 12 oz bag white chocolate chips

1 6 oz bag dried peach halves, diced into relatively uniform pieces (I used SunMaid. If you can find diced dried peaches, you will need 1 c.)

4 TBLSP. peach preserves

2 TBSLP. water

3c. oatmeal, quick or old fashioned

Chop peaches in food processor or chopper. Pieces should fit into a 1/8 tsp measure. (Is do this the night before and store in glad-ware.) You can do this next step the night before or day of, just give it time to cool.

Melt the preserves with the water over medium-low heat, just until it starts to simmer, stirring constantly. Pour over peach pieces and mix well. Let cool completely before adding to dough.

In medium bowl, mix flour, salt, spices, and baking soda. In large bowl, cream butter and sugars, then mix in eggs and vanilla. Stir in flour mixture. Stir in chips, diced peaches. Then add oatmeal one cup at a time, stirring in well after each addition. Dough will be stiff.

Drop by tsp. onto UN-GREASED cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Cool on sheet for 2 min before removing to wire rack.

Makes about 4 doz. or so.

message 13: by Narzain (new)

Narzain | 21 comments They good!

*ahem* On a more coherently constructive vein... I think the peach flavor was a bit subtle (at least to me). The white chocolate seemed to have a much stronger presence, though that might have been enhanced by the peach. All in all, very tasty!

message 14: by Kim, Cookie Master (last edited Sep 26, 2009 10:38AM) (new)

Still working on the complete recipe for above. I had a little trouble making the peach bits uniform and yet big enough to tell what they were. I will update when I perfect it.

NEW NOTE 9/26/09:

I found that as people mentioned these to me as they saw me after tasting them, that sometimes the peach pieces were too big. I think that kitchen shears may be the way to go when cutting up the pieces small enough to be chewed, but big enough to see in the cookie. It has been kicked around that I may re-constitute the peach halves in warmed peach nectar so that they will be less rubbery in texture. This is an on-going process, so please bear with me.

message 15: by Kim, Cookie Master (last edited Aug 06, 2011 08:15AM) (new)

CHOCOLATE NINJAS

2 1/4 c. flour

1/2 tsp. salt

2/3 baking cocoa

1 tsp. baking soda

1 c. butter, softened

2 eggs

3/4 cup sugar

1/2 brown sugar

1 tsp vanilla

1 tsp. instant coffee

3/4 tsp. your choice (raspberry,coconut,rum,mint,oranage,or cherry extract)

1 12 oz bag of chocolate chunks

Preheat oven to 350.

In small bowl, mix dry ingredients. In a largebowl, cream butter and sugars. Beat in eggs,vanilla,and extract of choice. Mix 1 Tblsp. of dry mixture to chunks,before adding to wet. Mix well, then stir in chunks. Drop by tsp. onto an UNGREASED cookie sheet.

Bake at 350 for 9-11 minutes, cooling on sheet 2 before removing.

Makes about 4 doz.

*On 4/8/10 I made these to send to a friend. I used 3/4 tsp. coconut extract and 1/2 tsp. rum extract for a coconut/rumball effect. They are really good.

message 16: by Joy (new)

Joy How about lemon bars?

INGREDIENTS
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup confectioners' sugar
1 1/2 cups butter
4 egg whites
1 1/2 cups white sugar
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup lemon juice

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch pan.
In a medium bowl, stir together the 3 cups of flour with the confectioners' sugar. Cut in the butter with a fork or pastry cutter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press 1/2 of the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake for 15 minutes.
In a smaller bowl, stir together the egg whites and white sugar. Add the flour and baking powder, mix until lumps are gone. Stir in the lemon juice. Pour the lemon mixture over the baked crust, then sprinkle the remaining crust mixture evenly over the top. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven. Refrigerate to set before serving.

message 17: by Joy (new)

Joy Here is a sugar cookie recipe -

INGREDIENTS
1 1/2 cups butter, softened
2 cups white sugar
4 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
5 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt

DIRECTIONS
In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour (or overnight).
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Roll out dough on floured surface 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Cut into shapes with any cookie cutter. Place cookies 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake 6 to 8 minutes in preheated oven. Cool completely. Makes 60.
You can make these for Halloween if you have Halloween cookie cutters.

message 18: by Kim, Cookie Master (new)

My kind of recipe. I love ones that make a ton, which I usually get on my own anyway....

message 19: by Joy (new)

Joy Pumpkin cookies

Ingredients
8 ounces butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 cup rolled oats
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup raisins
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Cream together butter, white sugar and brown sugar until fluffy. Beat in egg, vanilla and pumpkin.
In a separate bowl, mix together the oats, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, raisins and flour. Stir into pumpkin mixture.
Drop cookies by the heaping teaspoonful on to cookie sheets covered with parchment paper. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until slightly browned around edges.
Remove from oven and place on cooling racks. Frost with your favorite powdered sugar glaze or leave plain.

Makes 3 dozen.

message 20: by Aylin (new)

Aylin Joy wrote: "Pumpkin cookies

Oats and pumpkin? Hmmm this looks like a winner. Definitely going to try this one.

message 21: by Joy (new)

Joy Lavender Shortbread Cookies

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups butter, softened
2/3 cup white sugar
1/4 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh lavender
1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint leaves
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon salt

Directions
In a medium bowl, cream together the butter, white sugar and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in the lavender, mint and lemon zest. Combine the flour, cornstarch and salt; mix into the batter until well blended. Divide dough into two balls, wrap in plastic wrap and flatten to about 1inch thick. Refrigerate until firm, about 1hour.
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut into shapes with cookie cutters. Cookie stamps will work well on these too. Place on cookie sheets.
Bake for 18 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven, just until cookies begin to brown at the edges. Cool for a few minutes on the baking sheets then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
Yield 2 dozen cookies

I haven't made these yet but I grow lavender and have always wanted a lavender cookie recipe.
Hope these are good!

message 22: by Joy (new)

Joy Chocolate Cookie Mix in a Jar (Xmas gift idea)

Ingredients
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 cup cocoa
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions
Combine all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
In a 1 quart wide mouth canning jar, layer dark brown sugar, white sugar, cocoa, chopped pecans, and chocolate chips. Pack everything down firmly before you add flour mixture, it will be a snug fit.

Attach a tag with the following instructions: Chocolate Cookie Mix in a Jar: 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) 2. Empty cookie mix into large bowl. Thoroughly blend mixture with hands. Mix in 3/4 cup softened butter or margarine, 1 egg, slightly beaten, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Shape into walnut size balls, and place 2 inches apart on a parchment lined baking sheet. 3. Bake for 11 to 13 minutes. Cool 5 minutes on baking sheet, then move to wire racks.

message 23: by Merry (last edited Dec 11, 2009 07:57PM) (new)

Merry (m75248) CLASSIC SUGAR COOKIES - (key to this cookie, beat the heck out of the sugar butter mixture- by whipping a lot of air into this mix it creates a light cookie - be sure not to beat a lot of air after adding flour as the excessive beating of flour cookie dough will render tough cookies, or so I have learned!)

here's the recipe.....

Beat 2 sticks butter, 1/2 cup granulated sugar and 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar until fluffy. Beat in 2 egg yolks, 1 tsp vanilla and 1 teaspoon orange zest. Whisk 2 1/4 cups flour, 1/2 teaspoon baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon salt: stir into the butter mixture, then chill 30 mins. Roll tablespoonfuls into balls and flatten, sprinkle with coarse sugar (I used pretty red and green sugars, looked great) and bake 15 to 20 mins. at 350 degrees.

message 24: by Diane ~Firefly~ (new)

Diane ~Firefly~ | 19 comments One of my favorites is Andes Peppermint Chunk Cookies. Unfortunately, you can only find the chips around Christmas time. The recipe is on the bag (so I take no credit for it). I do however think it would be awesome with butterscotch chips, but I haven't tried it yet.

Andes Peppermint Chunk Cookies

2 sticks (1/2 lb) unsalted butter (softened)
1 cup dark brown sugar
1/3 cup sugar
1 large egg
2 t vanilla
½ t baking soda
½ t salt
1 ¾ cup flour
1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
1 cup sweetened grated coconut
1 ¼ cup coarsely chopped pecans
1 ½ cup Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips

Preheat oven to 300

Cream butter and sugars until fluffy (about 3 minutes). Beat in egg and vanilla. On low speed add baking soda and salt, then flour. Mix completely. Stir in oats, coconut, pecans and chips.

Place round balls (about 1 T size) on lightly greased cookie sheet two inches apart. Press lightly. Sprinkle some of remaining chips on top of each cookie. Bake for 12-15 minutes. Do not over bake. They get crunchy on the outside but remain soft on the inside. Remove from cookie sheet and let cool.

Yield approx 60 cookies.

I’ve been putting entire bag of chips (10 oz) in dough and skipping nuts. Also been cooking at 300 on convection (325 normal) and it takes longer than 15 minutes.

message 25: by Merry (last edited Feb 25, 2010 05:40PM) (new)

Merry (m75248) I wish I could add a photo here, my Eiffel Tower sugar cookies - the recipe so simple.....

Debbie Field's Christmas Sugar Cookies

oven 325 and bake for 13 to 15 mins, do not brown
(I baked for 15 mins at 305 convection oven)

2 cups all purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup salted butter, softened
3/4 cup white sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp pure vanilla
colored sugars or other decorations

-combine flour and salt and whisk together, set aside
-in large mixing bowl cream the butter and sugar
then add the egg and vanilla, beat well then add the flour salt mixture - do not over beat, mix lightly then stir to combine, turn onto plastic wrap, mold to disc shape, wrap and chill in refrigerator until firm, then roll out on flour surface, cut and bake. Simple and yummy! I used the following icing after the cookie has cooled and then sprinkled with colored sugar!

Martha Stewart's royal icing

1 cup sifted confectioners sugar
1 large egg white

Mix together, spread or pipe onto cookies - sprinkle with colored sugars and allow to set - they stack nicely after they dry

message 26: by Kim, Cookie Master (last edited May 28, 2010 07:42AM) (new)

Diane wrote: "One of my favorites is Andes Peppermint Chunk Cookies. Unfortunately, you can only find the chips around Christmas time . The recipe is on the bag (so I take no credit for it). I do however think..."

I make these at Christmas too. To make them at any other time, just un-wrap a package of Andes mints and either put them im a zip-lock bag and whack them with a rubber mallet, or pulse them a few times in food processor. Works just fine. You can also use the bits in or on ice cream (or in it if you make your own), in a no bake pie, or in or on cake too.

message 27: by Kim, Cookie Master (last edited Mar 08, 2010 09:16AM) (new)

CHERRY CRISPS

Pre-heat 350

1 c butter, softened

1c. brown sugar

1/2 c. sugar

2 eggs

1 tsp. vanilla

1/2 tsp. almond extract

1 1/2 c flour

1 tsp. baking soda

1/2 tsp. salt

1 tsp. cinnamon

1 12 oz. bag cinnamon chips

2 5-6 oz. bag of dried cherries or 2 c. bulk- coarsely chopped.

3 c. oatmeal

Cream butter and sugars in large bowl. In medium bowl, combine flour, soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside. After butter and sugar are fluffy, beat in eggs and extracts. Stir in flour mixture, then stir in chips and cherries. Stir in oatmeal. It will be very stiff!

Spoon by 1 tsp. fulls onto UNGREASED cookie sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes. Cool on sheet for 2 before moving to rack.

Makes about 5 doz. or so.

message 28: by Kim, Cookie Master (new)

GLUTEN FREE PEANUTBUTTER COOKIES

My aunt gave me a recipe for these and my mom found another one. (We don't have any allergies in my family, but I think these are better than the average peanutbutter cookie.) I cobbled the 2 together and made a few changes, but it all works.

Pre-heat 350

You MUST use parchment paper or a Silpat liner on your cookie sheets. This is VERY STICKY!

1 c peanutbutter (any style)

1c sugar (dark or light brown, granulated or a combination)

1 egg

1 tsp. vanilla

1/2 tsp. salt

granulated sugar for rolling

Mix the sugar and egg until well blended. (Just stir by hand.) Then mix in peanutbutter, vanilla and salt. Blend well. Drop 1 TBLSP of dough into rolling sugar and coat. Place on lined baking sheet. Dip a fork in the sugar to make the typical pattern on the cookies (I suggest waiting a few minutes before doing this so the dough can set)

Bake for 10 minutes at 350 then cool on the sheet 5 minutes before moving to a wire rack.

Makes about 24 cookies

*Since these are also milk free, these are good for dairy allergies as well. Just use fresh ground peanutbutter to assure that there are no milk byproducts. If any of you experiment with other nut butters, please let us know how it works.

message 29: by Carol (new)

Carol What's in Grandma Carol's Cookie Jar?

Orange Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 cup margarine (I used half butter / half Crisco)
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
3 cups oatmeal - I use minute oats
1 3/4 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 Orange Rind, grated
1 teaspoon Orange extract
2 cups chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350. In a large mixing bowl, cream margarine and sugars together. Add eggs and vanilla, beat until smooth. Add dry ingredients, rind and orange to creamed mixture, mixing well. Stir in choc
chips. Drop by spoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet (I always use parchment paper) and flatten with fork. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until
lightly browned. Makes 4 dozen.

From the FOODWINE Listserv

message 30: by Kim, Cookie Master (last edited May 27, 2010 07:47AM) (new)

My bad! People have been looking for this and I forgot to post it! Mea Culpa!

These cookies go their name when I made them for the after funeral for my boyfriends grandma. I have made them for 3 funerals since, but I have made them for other times as well. The fruit comes in a foil bag, so it keeps well. I think it's a nice twist on an oatmeal cookie.

COMFORT COOKIES

Pre-heat 350

1 1/2c flour

1 tsp. baking soda

1 tsp. cinnamon

1/2 tsp. salt

1 c. butter, softened

1 c. brown sugar (either kind)

1/2 c. sugar

2 eggs

1 tsp. vanilla

1 6oz. bag of Golden Raisins and Cherries (I use Sunmaid) or 1 c. of golden raisins and 1 c. of dried cherries.

3 c. of oatmeal, either old fashioned or quick cook

In small bowl, mix flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon.

In large bowl, cream butter and sugars. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in flour mixture, then stir in fruit. Stir in oatmeal 1 cup at a time, mixing well before adding the next cup. WILL BE STIFF!

Drop by tsp. onto UNGREASED cookie sheet.

Bake 10-12 min. Cool on sheet 2 minutes

Makes 4 doz. or so.

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks, Kim! It looks like a winner! :)

message 32: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lbhick) They're making me salivate!

message 33: by Kim, Cookie Master (last edited Aug 06, 2011 08:15AM) (new)

CHOCOLATE COCONUT CHIP

Pre-heat 350

2 1/4 c. flour

1/2 tsp. salt

2/3 baking cocoa

1 tsp. baking soda

1 c. butter, softened

2 eggs

3/4 cup sugar

1/2 brown sugar

1 tsp vanilla

1 tsp. instant coffee

1/2 tsp. coconut extract

1 12 oz (or whatever it is) bag of MINI-chips

1 c. flaked, sweetened coconut, packed (I really like the bagged Mounds brand, but you can use what ever kind you like.)

In small bowl, combine flour,salt,cocoa,and baking soda. In large bowl, cream sugars and butter. Beat in eggs and extracts. Stir in flour mixture, then chips and coconut.

Drop by tsp. onto UNGREASED sheet. Bake 911 minutes, cool on sheet 2 min.

makes about 4 doz.

message 34: by Kim, Cookie Master (new)

AUTUM OATMEAL CRISPS

Pre-heat 350

1 1/2c flour

1 tsp. baking soda

1 tsp. cinnamon

1/8 tsp. nutmeg

1/2 tsp. salt

1 c. butter, softened

1 c. brown sugar (either kind)

1/2 c. sugar

2 eggs

1 tsp. vanilla

1 6 oz. bag of orange flavored dried cranberries (I use Craisins)

1/2 of an 12 oz bag of MIMI-chips

3 c. of oatmeal, either old fashioned or quick cook

In small bowl, mix flour, spices, salt and baking soda. In large bowl, cream butter and sugars. Beat in eggs and add vanilla. Stir in flour mixture then fruit and chips.

Drop by tsp. onto UNGREASED sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes. Cool 2 min on sheet.

Makes about 4 doz.

message 35: by Kim, Cookie Master (last edited May 28, 2010 08:18AM) (new)

PINA COLADA COOKIES

Pre-heat 350

1 c. butter, softened

1 c. sugar

1 c. brown sugar, packed

2 eggs

1 15 oz. can of CRUSHED Pineapple,drained, reserve juice.

1 tsp. vanilla

1 tsp. coconut extract

4 c. flour

1 tsp. baking soda

1/2 tsp. salt

1 c. flaked, sweetened coconut, packed

In small bowl, combine flour,salt,and baking soda. In large bowl, cream butter and sugars. Beat in eggs and extracts. Stir in flour mixture a little at a time, until combined. Stir in fruit and coconut.

Drop by 1 tsp. onto GREASED cookie sheet. Bake 12-14 minutes. Cool on sheet 2 minutes,

Makes about 5 doz.

If you want to fuss you can frost them.

FROSTING:

2 C. powdered sugar

1 TBLSP butter, softened*

2-3 TBLSP reserved pinapple juice

1/8 tsp. coconut extract

1/8 tsp. vanilla

Mix everything with enough juice to make it spreadable

*If you want a drizzle, skip the butter and add enough juice to make it drizzly.

message 36: by Claere (new)

Claere (omenonwings) | 59 comments YUM!!!

message 37: by Carol (new)

Carol Carol's Cookie Jar

Cherry Chocolate Fudge Cookies

1 tablespoon Butter
1 package Semisweet Baking chocolate (8 squares)
3/4 cup Brown Sugar, firmly packed
1/4 cup Shortening
2 Eggs
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1/2 cup Flour
1/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
1 cup Nuts, chopped
1 cup Semisweet chocolate chips
12 ounces Maraschino cherries, drained and quartered

Heat oven to 350 F. . Melt 8 squares chocolate with tablespoon butter in a double boiler. Stir in sugar, shortening, eggs and vanilla. Stir in flour and baking powder. Stir in chocolate chips, cherries and nuts. Drop by medium scoops onto baking stone. Bake 12 to 13 minutes or until cookies are puffed and set to the touch. Cool on baking stone 5 minutes. Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.

message 38: by Kim, Cookie Master (new)

Drool, drool, drool.....

message 39: by Carol (new)

Carol July 9: National Sugar Cookie Day

Get out your Sugar Cookie recipes!

message 40: by Kim, Cookie Master (new)

By the way re: the cherry fudge cookie, how important are the nuts to structural integrity of the cookie? We have nut issues in my family, so I have to watch what I make for whom.

message 41: by Carol (new)

Carol Kim wrote: "By the way re: the cherry fudge cookie, how important are the nuts to structural integrity of the cookie? We have nut issues in my family, so I have to watch what I make for whom."

My gut feeling is that the nuts do make a diffeerence. You might try adding an extra cup of chocolate chips. I'm still fooling with the recipe, so I'll try it tthat way next time.

message 42: by Kim, Cookie Master (new)

Thanks, that's good to know. Please keep us posted.

message 43: by Carol (new)

Carol I had to put the Cherry Chocolate Fudge Cookies
in the refrigarator. They get too sticky in this weather. I think it is partly the Maraschino cherries. I used to be able to get Cherry Chips, and use them in the recipe, but I can't find them in the stores any more. There is a place on the Internet to order them, but the S&H is prohibitive.

message 44: by Kim, Cookie Master (new)

I had to order my cherry extract from McCormick directly, since it is not sold in my area and I could only find cherry as a candy flavoring at my local cake/candy supply store.

If you have any in your area, try them for the chips, or try a place like GFS. You might want to try B.A.Sweetie's web site. They are a HUGE candy warehouse here in Cleveland and they carry everything known to human kind, including retro candy that is still made, including confectioner disks.

message 45: by Carol (new)

Carol Kim wrote: "I had to order my cherry extract from McCormick directly, since it is not sold in my area and I could only find cherry as a candy flavoring at my local cake/candy supply store.

If you have any i..."

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll see what they have.
This is the link I have for the cherry chips:
http://loghousefoods.elsstore.com/vie...

message 46: by Carol (new)

Carol Leftover Chocolate Chips - Cookie

1 bag Semisweet Chocolate Chips
1 bag Semisweet Chocolate Chunks
1/2 bag M&Ms® Minis chocolate candy
1/4 cup Butter
3/4 cup Vegetable Shortening
1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
1 cup Light Brown Sugar
2 large Eggs
2 teaspoons Vanilla
2 cups AP Flour
1/2 cup Cocoa Powder
2 teaspoons Baking Soda
Preheat oven to 350F. In a double boiler, melt the M&M Minis with 1/4 cup butter. Stir to break up candy coating. Cool some. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugars about 1 minute. Mix in melted chocolate. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix 2 minutes. Add flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Mix in the chips and chunks.
Bake cookies for 10 -15 minutes. Let cool for about 5 minutes before removing from cookie sheet. Makes about 3 dozen cookies.

message 47: by Kim, Cookie Master (new)

Sounds good to me.

message 48: by Claere (new)

Claere (omenonwings) | 59 comments Yeah....

message 49: by Carol (new)

Carol I made cookies yesterday from this site:
http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/butt...

They were good, but reeeally sweet. Also, you have to make brown butter for the recipe, which you've got to watch like a hawk, because it goes from brown to burnt in a few seconds.

message 50: by Kim, Cookie Master (new)

That is the only trouble with brown butter or even making clarified butter,you have to do it on a very low temp and keep an eye on it.

« previous 1 3