Clamp discussion

Wish > Reviews

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hylian Princess , Hylian-Chan (new)

Hylian Princess  (hylianprincess) | 400 comments Mod
What did you think?

message 2: by Starbubbles, event coordinator type person (new)

Starbubbles | 649 comments Mod
i was always weary of picking this one up. depending on how it's done, sometimes i have a lot of issues with shonen ai. which is what i had heard this one was. but seeing as i have not read it, should it be one of those i take a chance on anyway?

message 3: by Hylian Princess , Hylian-Chan (new)

what's shonen ai?
I personally really liked this one.

message 4: by Starbubbles, event coordinator type person (new)

guy x guy, or "guy love". but honestly, sometimes i have issues when it's the typical girl x guy sort of relationships. this series always seems like it would be cute when i look at it at bookstores. so, i'm always torn about if i should start it or not.

message 5: by Hylian Princess , Hylian-Chan (last edited Jul 06, 2009 09:14PM) (new)

oh. If I remember correctly there isn't any of that.... except some of the angels/devils don't have an exact given gender.

message 6: by Starbubbles, event coordinator type person (new)

oh, well now i feel silly for being cautious about it. i should definitely pick it up the next time that i see it in the store.

message 7: by Hylian Princess , Hylian-Chan (new)

Unless I've forgotten something, it should be safe. I don't remember reading anything like that...so you should be good :)

message 8: by Starbubbles, event coordinator type person (new)

i'm excited! i don't think it's at my library so i'll have to keep my eyes peeled for it at the bookstore

message 9: by Hylian Princess , Hylian-Chan (new)

add to your collection :)

message 10: by Starbubbles, event coordinator type person (new)

lol! totally! it always has room to grow!

message 11: by Hylian Princess , Hylian-Chan (new)

and someday in many many years, when you die or before that if you decide you want to sell it, it would go, as a collection all together, for a lot of money! hahaha! :D But I'd never sell it if I was you.

message 12: by Starbubbles, event coordinator type person (new)

lol. i have thought about selling the ones that i don't want to complete, or don't like anymore. i hope that my sisters or boyfriend would want all my books when i die, but if not, i hope they get donated to a library or something. that way lots of people can enjoy them. it's a shame when books don't get read.

message 13: by Starbubbles, event coordinator type person (new)

i read the first two in the series. soo cute!! love it! i'm so glad it was recommended to me.

message 14: by Starbubbles, event coordinator type person (new)

i just had to finish it online. it was soo good!

message 15: by Starbubbles, event coordinator type person (new)

lol. i do have a tons of books. it seems that i've been going back to older series lately though. which is fine, they're still really good, but i have a harder time finding them since they are typically on either a small circulation or no longer being printed.

i love re-reading my books too! i think over christmas i'm going to re-read vampire game. i finally got the last couple of books, and the ones i was missing in between. but to fully understand everything, i need to start the series over. i keep forgetting who is who, and backstories. then i wait another year to buy the next book. lame...
plus i have to finish re-reading hana kimi for like the 20th time. well, let's face it, i have lots to re-read just b/c they are fun to read. haha...

message 16: by Starbubbles, event coordinator type person (new)

as you go on, it just gets more complex. it's way too many people with different connections to everyone else for me to keep straight. but i've been meaning to finish it off for a while. but it has it's cute and funny moments too. so it's not like i haven't liked what i've read so far.

message 17: by Starbubbles, event coordinator type person (new)

yeah. that's how they get you. you could hate the series, but when you see it in the store you think that you just have to complete it for the whole set, or something

message 18: by Starbubbles, event coordinator type person (new)

that's it exactly!! i think that way every time i see "vampire knight." i read through 3, and i honestly wanted to cry. it was awful. i know it's rated highly, and wildly popular, but i thought it blew. so every time i see it in the store, i think, 'surely i should give it another go.' then i think about reaching for it. then i think, 'geez, i hates this series, with a passion, why am i reaching for it?' and this happens every single time

message 19: by Starbubbles, event coordinator type person (new)

yeah, that's way too long to actually go somewhere with a story. i mean, ppl have to like it to that point for it to even fill 7 books. but it's okay to not like something, no matter how popular it was.

message 20: by Starbubbles, event coordinator type person (new)

if you like detailed architecture, you should really look into utena. crazy architecture in both the book and movie. well, the movie is freakishly more detailed, but if you do more than just look, i would read the book, well manga. i will say it right now, it's a weird story, but really good

message 21: by Starbubbles, event coordinator type person (new)

totally worth it, but yeah, strange might be an understatement. but the manga made more sense than the movie did. plus it has fencing, and who doesn't like fencing?

message 22: by Starbubbles, event coordinator type person (new)

yes, it is oodles of fun.

message 23: by Starbubbles, event coordinator type person (new)

i wouldn't know. there are all sorts of differences with swordplay and whatnot. it's tough for me to keep up.

message 24: by Starbubbles, event coordinator type person (new)

yeah. kind of like all of the different types of demons there are, and what they are called. no one ever really puts that in the back of the book. speaking of which, i see "oro" a lot in manga, but i feel foolish that when i look in the back, it's not there. so it would seem that i should either already know what it means or should be able to deduce what it means. since i can't/haven't i feel more than slightly dumb.

message 25: by Starbubbles, event coordinator type person (new)

lol! when i actually need it, it's not in there.

message 26: by Starbubbles, event coordinator type person (new)

i read tons of shojo beat. lol! it dominates my bookshelf

message 27: by Hylian Princess , Hylian-Chan (new)

wow, how did I miss this entire conversation? lol I'm a loser!

message 28: by Starbubbles, event coordinator type person (new)

yes you did miss an entire conversation!
hahaha! sometimes they hide.

i finally got the last half of wish! my collection can now be complete!!! mwahaha!

message 29: by Hylian Princess , Hylian-Chan (new)

Yay!! I bet it's fun to collect all the books!