Debate discussion

The Government > Legalize prostitution?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 232 (232 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by Chandani (new)

Chandani  (milkduds920) | 6408 comments SHould the gov legalize prostitution?

message 2: by Sheeky (new)

Sheeky (sheekster) HELL TO THE NO!!!!!

message 3: by Marley (new)

Marley (Marleyme95) | 5270 comments Agrreing with Paige.

message 4: by Sheeky (new)

Sheeky (sheekster) What exactly do you mean Paige?

message 5: by Marley (new)

Marley (Marleyme95) | 5270 comments Make it legal, but have it so the prostitutes must have their medical records avaliable, and be checked for STDs etc.

message 6: by Sheeky (new)

Sheeky (sheekster) Ooooooohhhhhhh....still....I'm just having thoughts of prostitutes runnin around....what if the death toll increased if prostituion was legalized?

message 7: by Marley (new)

Marley (Marleyme95) | 5270 comments What? How would the amounts of death have anything to do with sex?

message 8: by Sheeky (new)

Sheeky (sheekster) Cuz ya know, some prostitutes can get killed.....

message 9: by Marley (new)

Marley (Marleyme95) | 5270 comments Why? Think this way. Now, it's illegal, so if one of their johns starts beating on them or acting funny, they can't report it or they get arrested. If it's legal, they can and he gets punished.

And it's not like every prostitute out there is just being screwed and murdered. I don't understand the reasoning behind your statement.

message 10: by Sheeky (new)

Sheeky (sheekster) I'm just saying.....ugh. Nevermind.

message 11: by Marley (new)

Marley (Marleyme95) | 5270 comments Obviously you are incorrect as you can't back what you said. Therefore, prostitution should be legal.

message 12: by Sheeky (new)

Sheeky (sheekster) I know what I'm saying, but since I don't word my words correctly, I will end up not making sense to any of you all.

message 13: by Marley (new)

Marley (Marleyme95) | 5270 comments No, say it, that way I can show you where you are wrong.

message 14: by Sheeky (new)

Sheeky (sheekster) What I'm saying is, if they legalize prsotituion, wouldn't some crazy jerks think it's ok to screw them and then kill them? That's what I meant by death tolls possibly (keyword: possibly) increasing if they legalize prostitution.

message 15: by Marley (new)

Marley (Marleyme95) | 5270 comments Why would it be okay to screw and kill them then, anymore then now? If it were regulated, it wouldn't be happening, if it were legal it would be regulated.

message 16: by Sheeky (new)

Sheeky (sheekster) Point.

message 17: by Marley (new)

Marley (Marleyme95) | 5270 comments What? My point? My point is your "Murders" wouldn't happen if the hookers cn go to the cops.

message 18: by Sheeky (new)

Sheeky (sheekster) No I was basically saying you have a point.

message 19: by Marley (new)

Marley (Marleyme95) | 5270 comments Oh...Indeed.

message 20: by Chandani (new)

Chandani  (milkduds920) | 6408 comments lol

message 21: by Sheeky (new)

Sheeky (sheekster) =o It's Barney!

message 22: by Marley (new)

Marley (Marleyme95) | 5270 comments Barney's a prostitute?

message 23: by Sheeky (new)

Sheeky (sheekster) lol no

message 24: by Marley (new)

Marley (Marleyme95) | 5270 comments Darnit...I was looking forward to that, jkjk....he's odd

message 25: by Sheeky (new)

Sheeky (sheekster) lol I used to love Barney when I was little

message 26: by Marley (new)

Marley (Marleyme95) | 5270 comments Nope...not me.

message 27: by Sheeky (new)

Sheeky (sheekster) He was so happy....what freaked me out when I was little was Sesame street......my mom saidd anytime I saw Mr. Noodle I started crying....

message 28: by Marley (new)

Marley (Marleyme95) | 5270 comments ??? Why are we talking about Barney?

message 29: by Sheeky (new)

Sheeky (sheekster) Idk......I think we should get back on topic now. But anyways, so why do you feel prostituion should be legalized Marley?

message 30: by Marley (new)

Marley (Marleyme95) | 5270 comments Didn't I just explain it? So did Paige, nothing wrong with sex, nothing wrong with buying stuff. OPut it together and someone is making good cash!

message 31: by Sheeky (new)

Sheeky (sheekster) Ohhhhh. That's it?

message 32: by Marley (new)

Marley (Marleyme95) | 5270 comments Well, there are other arguements, but you seem to mostly agree with me. So, I shall save them for other people that do. :)

message 33: by Sheeky (new)

Sheeky (sheekster) I mean you and Paige are right, sex ISN'T a crime...but what if the person that pays for it has an STD and stuff?

message 34: by Marley (new)

Marley (Marleyme95) | 5270 comments Paige also said that the prostitutes would have to be checked for STDs. Making the sex safer. They'd also probably be required to have records avaliable.

message 35: by Sheeky (new)

Sheeky (sheekster) What if there's a chance they don't know about it yet?

message 36: by Marley (new)

Marley (Marleyme95) | 5270 comments You make your own choices. You can always ask, and if they make it legal they will most likely be requiered to be tested every gew months. You accept the risk if you do it illegally, the same as you would legally.

message 37: by Marley (new)

Marley (Marleyme95) | 5270 comments Exactly!!!!

message 38: by Chandani (new)

Chandani  (milkduds920) | 6408 comments What you guys are saying makes sense, but really how many of you guys have SEEN hookers on a daily basis? Because really its kind of sick, and if there were a way to make it just go away forever, i would totally vote for that. I saw a hooker that TOLD my mom that she had aids be picked up. Disgusting.

And maybe, government regulations would help this, but i dont really see how. If a hooker gets aids and the government tells her "Okay, you cant do this anymore, because you have aids" do you think she's going to stop? All these girls do what they do to get their fix, and there aint nothing anyone can do to get in between them and their needle.

message 39: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) | 7365 comments Mod
"If a hooker gets aids and the government tells her "Okay, you cant do this anymore, because you have aids" do you think she's going to stop? All these girls do what they do to get their fix, and there aint nothing anyone can do to get in between them and their needle."

If it was a government run industry, they would have access to health benefits, pensions even. They would have regular business, and plenty of pay. They would have a job, not a illegal service.

message 40: by Sheeky (new)

Sheeky (sheekster) I agree Chandani.

message 41: by Jayda (new)

Jayda Undecided.
Convince me.

message 42: by Chandani (new)

Chandani  (milkduds920) | 6408 comments Paige wrote: "Even if the government told her that she had to stop without it being legal, do you think that she would stop?

It's the same...
Not all hookers are hooked on needle drugs."

Your right, a lot of them do coke as well :)

message 43: by Chandani (new)

Chandani  (milkduds920) | 6408 comments Lauren wrote: ""If a hooker gets aids and the government tells her "Okay, you cant do this anymore, because you have aids" do you think she's going to stop? All these girls do what they do to get their fix, and t..."

But once you have contracted a deadly STD you can no longer work by selling sex, even if the gov DOES regulate it. So whats that hooker going to do now? She doesn't have a job, because she got aids, she doesn't have a resume or an education because she was a prostitute, and she is wayy more than likely hooked on a number of drugs, so what do you expect her to do? Go back ot what she was doing before the government started regulations. This wouldn't change anything in the long run is all i'm saying.

message 44: by Lauren (new)

"So whats that hooker going to do now?"

The point is, they won't get STDs because people won't be able to go to them if they already have and STD. That's the point.

message 45: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizgore) | 3163 comments i think prostitution should be legal

message 46: by Chandani (last edited Jun 30, 2009 03:03PM) (new)

Chandani  (milkduds920) | 6408 comments Lauren wrote: ""So whats that hooker going to do now?"

The point is, they won't get STDs because people won't be able to go to them if they already have and STD. That's the point."

What about the hookers that already HAVE an STD? Thats what i'm talking about. The hundreds and hundreds of prostitutes that have been working the streets since they were my age--what are they going to do with this government regulation?

Legalizing prostitution wont benefit anyone who is ALREADY, a prostitute! Its not going to take away their STD's, their drug addictions! This regulation will only benefit people who are not yet hookers. And for those that still need to get their fix, pay the rent, whatever they have to do, they're going to go back and sell themselves just like they did before the government stepped in, only cheaper. It will be a waste of government time and money.

message 47: by Luz (new)

Luz i think prostitution should be legal with some restrictions

ex: age, health, location, city they live in, and time of day

message 48: by Lauren (new)

"What about the hookers that already HAVE an STD? Thats what i'm talking about. The hundreds and hundreds of prostitutes that have been working the streets since they were my age--what are they going to do with this government regulation?"

Their potential clients will be informed as such. Then they can decide/

message 49: by Lauren (new)

"Legalizing prostitution wont benefit anyone who is ALREADY, a prostitute! Its not going to take away their STD's, their drug addictions! This regulation will only benefit people who are not yet hookers. And for those that still need to get their fix, pay the rent, whatever they have to do, they're going to go back and sell themselves just like they did before the government stepped in, only cheaper. It will be a waste of government time and money."

I believe...New Zealand has legalized it. The industry has improved dramatically.

message 50: by Chandani (new)

Chandani  (milkduds920) | 6408 comments Lauren wrote: ""What about the hookers that already HAVE an STD? Thats what i'm talking about. The hundreds and hundreds of prostitutes that have been working the streets since they were my age--what are they goi..."

I don't give a damn about the clients, what I'm saying is that the government would be wasting a huge amount of time and money that we dont have, regulating something that in the long run, is going to go underground again!

And no one would willingly have sex with someone who they know has aids. And regulating prostitution would help stop the spreading of STD's via prostitution, but the women that are put out of "work" are GOING to go back to the streets and do the same thing. A huge waste of time.

« previous 1 3 4 5