Urban Fantasy discussion

UF BOOK CHAT > Weather Wardens Series (Possible Series Spoilers!)

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 169 comments So, I've finally read through all of the Weather warden books. Just finished Gale Force this week. Gotta say, I wasn't surprised at all about Paul. But more than that, did anyone else feel like the last few books (and especially this one) are leading up to Lewis becoming Djinn and replacing Ashan & David as the Conduit? All the comments about how Lewis is more like Jonathan etc. and his pining for Jo has me thinking there's going to be some kind of sacrifice he makes for Jo that's going to cause him to become Djinn and the conduit. It would actually be a great place/way to end the series, imo. Give David back the freedom he wants, remove the threat of binding the djinn, allow David & Jo to be together with far fewer strings.

WDYT?

message 2: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 169 comments Shameless bump because I got views but no comments. :(

message 3: by Lily (new)

Lily (lilithesque) | 84 comments Well,

I have been stuggling to make myself read this last book (galeforce) Ive had it from the library for at least a month and I keep bumping it back for other books that come in from my reserved list at the library.

Your comments prompt me to see whats up in this book. I agree, Lewis is badly in need a a big something. Becoming the uber conduit would surely resolve some stuff. I like lewis better than david so you know I wish things would go a different way, but I do like david, so anyway, when I do FINALLY read this book I will post my thoughts.

message 4: by Joy (new)

Joy (crowgirl) I sort of lost interest somewhere around the 4th book. The first few were very interesting and a new choice of fantasy character, but I found it getting tedious and predictable after a few books.

message 5: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (kathry) Jessica wrote: "So, I've finally read through all of the Weather warden books. Just finished Gale Force this week. Gotta say, I wasn't surprised at all about Paul. But more than that, did anyone else feel like ..."

Jessica, I love your idea on how to end the series. I think Lewis taking David's/Jonathon's place and some type of sacrifice for Jo would work very well, kind of balance ereything out. This book was my favorite so far, pushing the series to my favorite urban fantasy.

message 6: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 169 comments It jsut feels as though that's what all the comments have been pushing for. There has to be a reason characters keep comparing Lewis & Jonathan. Whenever Jo's inner dialogue wants to describe either Jonathan or Lewis she compares one to the other. "Jonathan was once human, a triple threat like Lewis" there's a comment somewhere about how Lewis is patient and sees the long game in a way Jo & David don't, like Jonathan was so fantastic at doing.