Paranormal & Urban Fantasy, Monthly Group Reads discussion

BoM (Archived) > (July) Magic Bites - *No Spoilers*

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

♥Tricia♥ (siddie) | 1167 comments Mod
Discussion for the BoM - NO SPOILERS!

Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, #1) by Ilona Andrews
Magic Bites by Ilona Andrews

message 2: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic, Co-Lead (new)

Unapologetic_Bookaholic | 902 comments Mod
I am glad this got picked. I was recommended this book a while ago and finally got a chance to have it swapped to me. I hope that I will at least enjoy the writing style as I have never this author before.

message 3: by new_user (new)

new_user She has a concise, fast-paced style. I liked that, but her voice tends to bleed across characters in dialogue, so that sometimes it's like they're all one person, LOL.

message 4: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

♥Tricia♥ (siddie) | 1167 comments Mod
This one looks really interesting :D I cant wait to read it!

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (darkheart) | 168 comments This is one of my favorite series. I would only caution that if you initially have a tough time getting into the book, stick it out. When I first tried to read it I found it tough to get into as their world is quite detailed and, I thought, a bit overwhelming at first. I put the book down and came back to it a month later, pushing through the first 60 pages or so and I was hooked. ;)

message 6: by Shanon (new)

Shanon (boban) I LOVE THIS SERIES! I'm excited for everyone to read it & discuss it. I may even re-read it (a rarity for me). hmmm... Maybe the audiobook... has anyone listened to it and can recommend it?

I don't remember not liking the first book but I tend to like really complex world building such as this series. If you're struggling to get into it just keep reading like DarkHeart said. When you get to a part where Curran is most people will be hooked.

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael) Yeah i struggled with the first book as well. i kept thinking this book is only two hundred and some pages why is it taking me so long to finish but after a certain amount of pages the story really picked up and I have enjoyed this series ever since. That Beastlord will hook you in.

message 8: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic, Co-Lead (new)

Sounds really good! I have to wait a couple days as I am in San Diego (going to the Del Mar Fair). And my books are at my house! So my July reading will have to wait. But I am excited to start a new group read, yay!

message 9: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ I read this a few months ago and after finally figuring out what the hell was going on...loved it! Especially Curran. He is so exciting and dangerous. The book starts as if it's book 2 of a series not the first. It just dumps you into the middle of the action and makes you decipher events yourself. It is really disconcerting but if you can stick it out, it's a great book and a terrific series.

message 10: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic, Co-Lead (new)

I just started reading this last night. I believe I will like it =D.

message 11: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic, Co-Lead (new)

So far it is a bit like wading through thick muddy water. Not too unpleasant but not a day in the park. Knowing you'll get through it eventually. It is a book I'll set aside for now and pick up when in the mood for the world Miss. Andrews has created. Which is, indeed, interesting.

I think I am more in the mood for vamps with bite, no pun intended. OK. Maybe a little. Might start the next BDB finally, lol. Or Darkyn I like that series.

Paranormal & Urban Fantasy, Monthly Group Reads

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Magic Bites (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Ilona Andrews (other topics)