YA Authors and Bloggers discussion

Books

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (zoealea) | 3 comments Mod
So, what have you all been reading recently? Are you liking it? Any thoughts? Recommendations?

message 2: by Katie (new)

Katie (kaitrosereads) I am currently reading Girlfriend Material by Melissa Kantor and I am liking it. It seems to be a good summer read. It's really light and easy. Also, I just finished Wings and it was amazing. I really liked it.

message 3: by Alea (new)

Alea | 1 comments I feel like I'm on a good book roll. First Girl Stays in the Picture, then And Then Everything Unraveled, and then Demon Princess and currently I'm reading Sea Change!

message 4: by Mik (new)

Mik | 1 comments Reading Jellicoe Road. Started but couldn't get into it, but I'm hearing such great reviews I feel like I should finish.

message 5: by Hallie (new)

Hallie | 4 comments I'm listening to the audiobook of On the Jellicoe Road, which is *very* confusing. (On my iPod and I keep on losing my place and so many of the chapters start off the same way.) But I'm well into it now, and hooked.

Also reading Steve Kluger's My Most Excellent Year, which is lovely so far.

message 6: by Zoe (new)

Hallie,
Im reading My Most Excellent Year too! It is a very good book.

message 7: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarahockler) Hi guys! I just finished Jennifer Jabaley's LIPSTICK APOLOGY, which comes out in August. It was a great read. Now I'm starting THE SECRET YEAR by Jen Hubbard, which is a Jan 2010 release.

I *loved* Jellicoe Road. It's totally worth it to get through the confusing parts because it all comes together beautifully in the end! It's one of my fave YA books now, along with RED GLASS by Laura Reseau.

And... I just bought ALONG FOR THE RIDE by Sarah Dessen, but I can't dive in yet until I finish some work! Hopefully next week, after I finish SECRET YEAR.

message 8: by Hallie (new)

Hallie | 4 comments These reading connections are fun, Zoealea! You'll probably finish before I do, but I'm definitely enjoying too.

message 9: by Hallie (new)

Hallie | 4 comments I'll have to check out RED GLASS, Sarah.

Will be interested to see what you think of ALONG FOR THE RIDE - I've really loved some of Sarah Dessen's books, but am starting to find them a bit samey, which is sad.

message 10: by Katie (new)

Katie (kaitrosereads) Ooh now I am reading Uninvited by Justine Musk. It is really different but it is pretty good. Has anyone else read it?

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

i have been reading the house of night novels...lets just say they're not the best books i've ever read

message 12: by Susan (new)

Susan | 8 comments Recently finished Kendra by Coe Booth, When The Black Girl Sings by Bil Wright and Emaku Blue by Brenda Woods. Currently reading Lucy the Giant by Sherri L. Smith.

message 13: by Hallie (new)

Hallie | 4 comments Recently read Lisa Mantchev's EYES LIKE STARS, which was wonderful, and yesterday finished Maggie Stiefvater's SHIVER, which was also wonderful. I've been waiting for both for a long time, so very pleased there was no let-down after all the anticipation!

Anyone else read either of these?

message 14: by Zoe (new)

Lipstick Apology was really awesome Sarah! I loved it!

Aly (Fantasy4eva) | 2 comments ahh i read some of uninvited but to be honest it didnt appeal to me at all, ive just started readin, solace of the road its pretty interesting so far :)

Aly (Fantasy4eva) | 2 comments ps ive read some of shiver but never finished it, i had alot of hope for it, and it just didnt match up, it was also very slow ive been told it picks up later on but i was just to dissapointed to carry on with it, kind of a shame

message 17: by Susan (new)

Susan | 8 comments I recently finished Taneesha Never Disparaging by M. LaVora Perry. A good way to introduce Buddhism to middle grade readers. Finished Tortilla Sun by Jennifer Cervantes. Magic, loss and love. Middle grade. Really enjoyed it. Currently reading Last Night I Sang To The Monster by Benjamin Alire Saenz. Highly recommend this especially for teen boys. Today I'm starting M+O 4EVR by Tonya Hegamin. I've been waiting for this book. Very excited to finally have it.