Charlaine Harris Book/Show Group discussion

Sookie Stackhouse Books > Night's Edge

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angie (new)

Angie I know it was mentioned in another thread that the book Night's Edge had a Sookie story. But actually that short story by Harris is not a Sookie story, at least the description makes it seem like it is not a Sookie story. Also that book must be out of print. Barnes and Noble does not have any new copies.. and so i checked my local library and they don't have it either. Has anyone read this story?

message 2: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nlojeda) | 471 comments Mod
I haven't read this yet, but plan on checking it out from my library if they have it. Thanks for the scoop!

message 3: by Larissa (new)

Larissa I read it - the one story in the book "Night's Edge" by Charlaine Harris is called "Dancers in the Dark" - or something like that.

It's set in the same "World" as Sookie, but in another town. It features a girl with a dark secret in her past auditioning for a dance company with both vampires and humans that dance at paid events.

She befriends an Irish vampire with great dancing talent - who become a trusted ally.

A great, short, romantic, lite-mystery (a little predictable) but nice for a change. I really liked it!

message 4: by Angie (new)

Angie I really want to find this book! Maybe I will just buy it. How were the other stories?

message 5: by Becky (new)

Becky (beckyofthe19and9) "It's set in the same "World" as Sookie, but in another town. It features a girl with a dark secret in her past auditioning for a dance company with both vampires and humans that dance at paid events.

She befriends an Irish vampire with great dancing talent - who become a trusted ally."

Is it just me, or does that sound like the dancers at the summit in (I think) Book 7?

Kai Charles(Fiction State Of Mind) (fictionstateofmind) hi angie, im reading the book right now, it's good. have you heard of a site called paperbook swap ? the website is www.pbs.com it's free to join, if you become a member and buy some credits I can post the book directly to you. It's an awesome site ive gotten over 200 books from the site including all o f the Sookie Books and Night's Edge. check it out. kai.

message 7: by Becky (new)

Becky (beckyofthe19and9) Kai, I just tried to go to that site, and I am redirected to www.pbs.org. Can you post a link?

Oh, I just googled and found this "swap" site too: SwapTree... Seems pretty interesting- plus it's free, which is always a plus! ;)

Kai Charles(Fiction State Of Mind) (fictionstateofmind) try this www.paperbackswap.com, this is the correct website, kai

message 9: by Angie (new)

Angie So what do you mean buy some credits?

message 10: by Becky (new)

Becky (beckyofthe19and9) I checked it out (like it so far...) if you sign up and upload 10 books you're willing to trade, you get 2 credits for books that you want.

After that, you get a credit for each book that you ship out to someone else, which is good for a book you want.

You can also buy credits, 3 for $10 or so. I think that covers most of it... If I am missing something, I'm sorry... I have only been a member one day! ;)