Morning Coffee Group discussion

Portland

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy (new)

Amy Hi all. I'm going to Portland this weekend for a conference. I've signed up for a tour to the Pearl District which has the biggest bookstore in the world. Has anyone been there????

message 2: by Sara (new)

Sara | 65 comments Mod
Ummm....Portland, what state? lol

Cause there's a Portland up here in Maine...and I'm pretty sure the world's biggest bookstore ISN'T here...

message 3: by Amy (new)

Amy I totally forgot about Portland, Maine... I'm going to Oregon to an AA Woman's Convention. I'm pretty sure I'll be coming home talking more about this bookstore than recovery stuff.

message 4: by Sara (new)

Sara | 65 comments Mod
Now now...no fantasizing about books while at your convention! haha!!

"And what do you think Amy?"

"I wonder how big their fantasy section is..."

"Excuse me?"

"Oh...Ummm...nothing."

I'm jealous!! Now there's just another reason to go out west!

message 5: by Joey (new)

Joey (joeyfoto) | 187 comments Mod
biggest bookstore in the world eh? I hope that you can indulge us with some pictures!!!

message 6: by Amy (new)

Amy Off to the airport but I'll talk to you guys when I get back. have a great weekend

message 7: by Lynzee (new)

Lynzee (lynzee43) | 61 comments Mod
Aww hope you have a wonderful trip! And agreed - indulge us with some pictures of this giant bookstore. I love the book store, but sometimes it can be the most dangerous place!

message 8: by Kristen (new)

Kristen | 16 comments Late to the party here, but I am an Oregonian... and of course you are talking about Powells bookstore. Not the largest in the world, but the largest independent. And, the store is a city block, 4 stories, with I think 4 sattelites and two "specific" stores (a cookbook store and a techie one if I recall)

How was the tour? I will be back in Portland this summer, we come home once a year and Powells is always a half day stop!

message 9: by Sara (new)

Sara | 65 comments Mod
Ohhh I order from Powell's online all the time!