Riverton, IL discussion

What's everyone reading?

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (abycat3) I am almost finished with The Other Queen A Novel. Be glad to be finished with it. I have liked all of her others better.
What's everyone else reading?

message 2: by Dara (new)

Dara | 2 comments I am not in Riverton, but rather from Springfield...I drove through Riverton last night...lol, does that count?

Lets see if we can revive this group?

Yesterday I finished reading The Help by Kathryn Stockett and have to say it is defintely one of my favorite books I have read in 2009. Now I am starting Labor Day by Joyce Maynard.

message 3: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (abycat3) I just finished Living Dead in Dallas. The second Sookie Stackhouse novel (inspiration for the True Blood series on HBO). I enjoyed it. Nothing to demanding. But not really fluff either.

message 4: by Dara (new)

Dara | 2 comments I am reading a Goodreads win The Things That Keep Us Here by Carla Buckley. It is her first novel and I only have about 40 pages left...I am loving it! It is an pre-release book but says it is to be released 1/26/09.

message 5: by Shanda (new)

Shanda Strawkas (bluescrapper289) Hi everyone! I just found this website and am loving it. I live outside of Mechanicsburg, but have a Buffalo address. Go figure? Right now I'm reading True Colors by Kristin Hannah.

message 6: by Martha (new)

Martha (marthas48) I'm from Stonington ... hope that's not too far away. I read about 5 books at a time ... ADD, I think!! Anyway, I've read the 1st 4 of the Sookie Stackhouse series, Lisa. How did you like Living Dead in Dallas? Much of season 2 of True Blood was from it. Right now I'm listening to The Eye of the Needle, an older book by Ken Follett. Also, starting the alphabet books by Sue Grafton so am reading A is for Alibi.

message 7: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (abycat3) Currently reading the Physick Book of Deliverance Dane.

message 8: by Esme (new)

Esme (rymur78) | 1 comments Uh oh, have the people of Riverton stopped reading?

message 9: by Doris (new)

Doris (dorisinspfld) | 1 comments I live in Springfield and I'm reading The Obituary Writer by Ann Hood. I just started it so I don't know much about it yet but I'll be glad to review it when I'm done. That might take a while with the holidays coming up.