Morning Coffee Group discussion

audiobooks on the web free, but legal?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joey (new)

Joey (joeyfoto) | 187 comments Mod
OK so I stumbled on this one site as I was searching for downloadable audio-books.. torrentz.com .. apparantly that site has links to download Pillars of the Earth AND World Without End audiobooks and it looks free, but I dont know if its legal or bootlegged.. anyway, does anybody know anything about this? I dont want to endorse anything illegal, so I am not suggesting that anyone download from these links, I am just wondering if anyone had more information on this?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Do you have to pay for the site or any of the downloading programs used to download the files?? I am not sure about the legal aspects of this, however I will look into it and let you know if I happen to find anything on it! ;)

message 3: by Sara (new)

Sara | 65 comments Mod
Downloading any copyrighted material off the internet without paying for it is illegal. Whether it be music, books, pictures, whatever...

There are audio book sites (like audiophile) and iTunes were you actually pay for the download making it all on the up and up.

So basically...if you get caught (mind you, you have to be downloading such a LARGE amount of information that would cause the correct authorities to notice) you would have to pay a fine and some copyright fees.

message 4: by Lynzee (new)

Lynzee (lynzee43) | 61 comments Mod
I've d/led POTE and WWE now. Joey made me do it - so if I get into some hot water, I'm pointing all fingers at him! haha j/k! <3

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Has he got you hooked on the movie d. loads yet? HAHAHA he is so silly!!

message 6: by Jeremy (new)

Jeremy (gojerome) | 14 comments There is also a site www.audible.com, you have to pay a fee and get 2 books to download per month. My Math 105 professor told me about this one. It's like $14.99 a month or something.

message 7: by Lynzee (new)

Lynzee (lynzee43) | 61 comments Mod
lol I've been hooked on d/ling movies for awhile now. It cost way too much to actually go - especially if the movie ends up sucking! Oh and he's definitely SILLY!!!

message 8: by Rachel (last edited Feb 15, 2008 10:05AM) (new)

Rachel (wildhoney) I am an audible.com subscriber and have been for several years. I have the account where I get 2 books a month. For a while I stopped downloading and they bank up. Just recently I downloaded 10 books!

They sometimes have good sales for members where you can get unlimited books for $9.99 each.

I like using audible for big books or even new hardcovers. The unabridged version of books like POTE and WWE can be around $45! I figure getting 2 books for $20 a month is pretty good. The versions they put out there are the same ones that are released on CD. Of course not all books are available on audio, but so far I have been very happy with it.