We're the Kids of America discussion

30 views
Hot Topics > Why do political people think they can do what they want?

Comments Showing 1-39 of 39 (39 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Naomi (new)

Naomi (Goodreadscomwheeze) | 110 comments I just found out that Senator John Ensign cheated on his wife. Some political figures are good, but why do some of them think they can get away with anything? What are your thoughts on this, and why do you think they would do that?


message 2: by Marley (new)

Marley (Marleyme95) | 427 comments I've decided that the woman must not care. Or they just don't keep their husbands in line. Honestly, these woman need to smack their men, jk, jk... I'm not quite sure. You say that as though they don't get away with it, when they do. All the time.


message 3: by Jayda (new)

Jayda Perhaps a part of it is the spotlight. They kind of seem to act like celebrities, who also seem to act like they can do what they want. Them being famous and known by people probably makes them think they're above the law OR that they can get away with things easier. I'm not saying it's true, but it's possible.


message 4: by Sara (new)

Sara (weisthis) I agree with Jayda. I also think it's because of lack of morals/religion.


message 5: by Marley (new)

Marley (Marleyme95) | 427 comments morals does not = religion


message 6: by Sara (new)

Sara (weisthis) I know.


message 7: by Marley (new)

Marley (Marleyme95) | 427 comments Just making sure you knew...


message 8: by Sara (new)

Sara (weisthis) Well, gosh Marley! :-P
The other day, I met a girl named Marley. She was like 8. I was like, "Oh... like that person on Goodreads" I didn't say that though lol


message 9: by Marley (new)

Marley (Marleyme95) | 427 comments lolz?


message 10: by Sara (new)

Sara (weisthis) :-P


message 11: by Naomi (new)

Naomi (Goodreadscomwheeze) | 110 comments But i mean- they are not celeberties, they are supposed to be a sort of role model. And they act like a bunch of baboons!!! I cant even imagine what would happen if the whole freaking world would act like some of them!!! Ugh, and the woman- they HAVE to have a clue about whats going on, and they do nothing.


message 12: by Davis (new)

Davis (davismattek) | 1197 comments It's funny that alot of the guys that cheat on their wives are actually supposedly 'family-values' politicians who are Republicans!

It makes me laugh anyway. Not saying Democrats don't do it, it is just so hypocritical when a Republican does it.


message 13: by Lauren, radical atheist...beware! (new)

Lauren (djinni) | 2702 comments Mod
It's also funnier. They should start a club.


message 14: by Sara (new)

Sara (weisthis) It's funny that alot of the guys that cheat on their wives are actually supposedly 'family-values' politicians who are Democrats!

It makes me laugh anyway. Not saying Republicans don't do it, it is just so hypocritical when a Democrat does it.

(Sorry, couldn't resist the urge to swap out the parties)


message 15: by Lauren, radical atheist...beware! (new)

Lauren (djinni) | 2702 comments Mod
But part of being family-values bandwagon crap is mostly being Republican. Fail.


message 16: by Jayda (last edited Jun 25, 2009 06:36PM) (new)

Jayda It's funny that alot of the people that cheat on their taxes are actually pro-tax politicians who are Democrats!

It makes me laugh anyway. Not saying Republicans don't do it, it is just so hypocritical when a Democrat does it.

:)


message 17: by Sara (new)

Sara (weisthis) Lauren wrote: "But part of being family-values bandwagon crap is mostly being Republican. Fail. "

...you kind of missed my point but w/e!


message 18: by Sara (new)

Sara (weisthis) Jayda wrote: "It's funny that alot of the people that cheat on their taxes are actually pro-tax politicians who are Democrats!

It makes me laugh anyway. Not saying Republicans don't do it, it is just so hypo..."


HAHA!


message 19: by Jayda (new)

Jayda Davis wrote: "Jayda wrote: "It's funny that alot of the people that cheat on their taxes are actually pro-tax politicians who are Democrats!

It makes me laugh anyway. Not saying Republicans don't do it, it is ..."


Just so you know, my parents come on here and can read these posts. My mom just told me to stop interacting with you because you just called me that. You sound so immature and stupid when you call people names and only add to my belief that you are self-absorbed, hypocritical, and rude.

At least you saw my point. Unless that was sarcasm?


message 20: by Davis (new)

Davis (davismattek) | 1197 comments "Just so you know, my parents come on here and can read these posts. My mom just told me to stop interacting with you because you just called me that. You sound so immature and stupid when you call people names and only add to my belief that you are self-absorbed, hypocritical, and rude."

Epic. Tell your Mom to quit being a prude and allow her daughter to experience life for once.

"At least you saw my point. Unless that was sarcasm?"

No, it's absolute truth that you speak in that situation.




message 21: by Jayda (new)

Jayda "Epic. Tell your Mom to quit being a prude and allow her daughter to experience life for once."

Oh, sure, will do. Then she'll block the site. What a great idea. -sarcasm-

"No, it's absolute truth that you speak in that situation."

Thank you :)


message 22: by Sara (new)

Sara (weisthis) *agrees with Jayda*


message 23: by Davis (new)

Davis (davismattek) | 1197 comments "Oh, sure, will do. Then she'll block the site. What a great idea. -sarcasm-"

You see, this just proves to me how much you haven't been able to formulate your opinions and branch out and learn all the world has to offer.

"Thank you :)"

It doesn't mean that the hypocrisy is worse though, since many more Republicans are hypocritical with affairs then Democrats with taxes. And don't forget Republicans commit massive tax fraud continually.


message 24: by Jayda (new)

Jayda "You see, this just proves to me how much you haven't been able to formulate your opinions and branch out and learn all the world has to offer."

That means nothing. That merely means that my parents are willing to protect me from harmful people like yourself. Doesn't mean that she will, it doesn't mean that I'll let her. I have choices that she can't take away. Neither of my parents can take away my ability to choose, learn, and do things on my own.

"It doesn't mean that the hypocrisy is worse though, since many more Republicans are hypocritical with affairs then Democrats with taxes. And don't forget Republicans commit massive tax fraud continually."

Of course we all tend to be hypocrites, both parties. That's undeniable.


message 25: by Davis (new)

Davis (davismattek) | 1197 comments "That means nothing. That merely means that my parents are willing to protect me from harmful people like yourself. Doesn't mean that she will, it doesn't mean that I'll let her. I have choices that she can't take away. Neither of my parents can take away my ability to choose, learn, and do things on my own."

But they can take you away from someone with differing opinions who is trying as hard as he can to show you your ignorance? Very Orwellian is you ask me.


message 26: by Jayda (new)

Jayda Davis wrote: ""That means nothing. That merely means that my parents are willing to protect me from harmful people like yourself. Doesn't mean that she will, it doesn't mean that I'll let her. I have choices tha..."

They can take me away from someone who is extremely offensive, rude, and inconsiderate of the fact that I don't like cussing, I don't like to read foul language, and I specifically don't like being called rude things.

It's not that you differ in opinions. My parents welcome that. It's the fact that you constantly offend, no matter what you do. You went to far with the last cuss.


message 27: by Davis (new)

Davis (davismattek) | 1197 comments "They can take me away from someone who is extremely offensive, rude, and inconsiderate of the fact that I don't like cussing, I don't like to read foul language, and I specifically don't like being called rude things.

It's not that you differ in opinions. My parents welcome that. It's the fact that you constantly offend, no matter what you do. You went to far with the last cuss."

That is still, in a very real way, censorship. Something which I believe you were protesting in another thread, correct?


message 28: by Lauren, radical atheist...beware! (new)

Lauren (djinni) | 2702 comments Mod
"Just so you know, my parents come on here and can read these posts. My mom just told me to stop interacting with you because you just called me that."

X) So much ammunition for the sheltered argument. My mom has no idea this place exists.


message 29: by Naomi (new)

Naomi (Goodreadscomwheeze) | 110 comments Nice Lauren and Jayda i agree with you. Davis is mean and rude, : )


message 30: by Lauren, radical atheist...beware! (new)

Lauren (djinni) | 2702 comments Mod
Oh, I'm certainly able to be that rude. I just don't most of the time.


message 31: by Naomi (new)

Naomi (Goodreadscomwheeze) | 110 comments Well i like Lauren more than Davis, just because that she can saw what she needs to say and make her views on subjects known without being such a jerk to everyone she encounters.


message 32: by Jayda (new)

Jayda Davis wrote: ""They can take me away from someone who is extremely offensive, rude, and inconsiderate of the fact that I don't like cussing, I don't like to read foul language, and I specifically don't like bein..."

Was I debsting against it? I don't remember debating against it, but whatever. My point is, that was directed towards me. If it's a book and that word's in there, there's a difference. But you said that at me, rather than one character saying it to another. There's actually a very large difference.


message 33: by Davis (new)

Davis (davismattek) | 1197 comments Naomi wrote: " Well i like Lauren more than Davis, just because that she can saw what she needs to say and make her views on subjects known without being such a jerk to everyone she encounters."

Okay, look, no one likes you, you never contribute anything to the discussion, please take your brain-dead statements elsewhere you ignorant little child; let the grown ups do the talking.



"Was I debsting against it? I don't remember debating against it, but whatever. My point is, that was directed towards me. If it's a book and that word's in there, there's a difference. But you said that at me, rather than one character saying it to another. There's actually a very large difference."

I fail to see any difference at all. Your what, 15? Shouldn't you have thicker skin than that by now?


message 34: by Jayda (new)

Jayda I do have thick skin. But if someone were to attack me in real life my parents would have me deal with it and help me if needed. They would report the problem to the parent. But this is online - they don't know you, they can't know you, for all they know you're a 50 year old man. There's a difference when it's on the internet.

Cussing is offensive, and ESPECIALLY that word which is very sexist. Despite the fact that I'm 15 and have thick skin it doesn't make the fact that my parents are my guardians and that I obey them any different and that doesn't make the term any less rude or offfensive.


message 35: by Davis (new)

Davis (davismattek) | 1197 comments "Cussing is offensive, and ESPECIALLY that word which is very sexist. Despite the fact that I'm 15 and have thick skin it doesn't make the fact that my parents are my guardians and that I obey them any different and that doesn't make the term any less rude or offfensive."

It was meant to be offensive, you should know that. If you have thick-skin, why do you complain every time I swear?


message 36: by Jayda (new)

Jayda Davis wrote: ""Cussing is offensive, and ESPECIALLY that word which is very sexist. Despite the fact that I'm 15 and have thick skin it doesn't make the fact that my parents are my guardians and that I obey them..."

I do realize that. That's one reason why my parents have a problem with it and have that right.

I complain every time you swear because I don't like reading the F-word or the S-word every post. It's really, really aggravating, especially considering I'm trying so hard to keep from getting into the habit of cussing, again.


message 37: by Davis (new)

Davis (davismattek) | 1197 comments Then don't do it. Just because I swear at you because I know it aggravates you, doesn't mean you have to retaliate in a similar fashion.


message 38: by Lauren, radical atheist...beware! (new)

Lauren (djinni) | 2702 comments Mod
The word is only offensive because you make it offensive in your mind.


message 39: by Naomi (new)

Naomi (Goodreadscomwheeze) | 110 comments No, the world is offensive because you dont know how to retaliate. You should appreciate the things the world throws at you, it makes you stronger.
Who said that- oh yeah, kanye west.



back to top