New Juvenille Fiction Authors Seeking Feedback discussion

Looking for Feedback: The Incredible Origins of the Onyx Sun

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christopher (new)

Christopher (Mahoney) | 4 comments Hi all,

I'm new to the group but when I discovered it, it seemed to be in-line with my interests.

I am an author who has just published my first book, The Incredible Origins of the Onyx Sun, and I am looking for people interested in reading a new YA book and providing a GoodReads review. I have a few paperback galleys I can mail so you don't have to spend hours in front of a computer screen. :)

My book follows the adventures of Zack Goodspeed, who discovers his grandfather has secretly invented a spaceship powered by an unlimited energy source called the Onyx Sun. Zack stows away aboard the ship and stumbles upon a mutiny amongst the crew led by the chief engineer, Dr. Ian Machvel. Only Zack and his new friends on the crew can stop Machvel and his minions from stealing the Onyx Sun and turning it into a weapon that could wipe out all life on Earth...

If this interests you, please feel free to send me a message or add me as a friend. Thanks for the group!

message 2: by J-Lynn (new)

J-Lynn (JVanPelt) Welcome to the group. The new book sounds like a lot of fun. I will add it to my to-read folder.

message 3: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra I'll add it too Christopher. Not sure when I'll be able to get to it, but when I can I'll let you know what I think.

message 4: by Christopher (new)

Christopher (Mahoney) | 4 comments Thanks J-Lynn and Janis! I'm glad you're both interested in reading it. J-Lynn I got your mailing address for the book and Janis, if you drop me yours I will put a review copy in the mail for you too.

message 5: by Silver (new)

Silver | 1 comments What age is the book for? I am an 8th grade English teacher and also work in an indi book store (Laguna Beach Books). I always give my students galleys to get their feedback. If you want 8th grader opinions, I'd be happy to pass the book along.

message 6: by Christopher (new)

Christopher (Mahoney) | 4 comments Hi Silver, Sorry it took me a while to respond. I didn't see the new message until today. My book is for kids age 7 and up. I've had a lot of good feedback from kids as young as 7 and as old as 16 (as well as some adults and seniors who have enjoyed it too). Send me a message with your address and how many galleys you'd like and I'll be happy to drop them in the mail.

message 7: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra Address sent. I'm glad to hear younger readers enjoy this too. I tutor a 9 year old boy in reading and am always looking for new books he may enjoy.

message 8: by Robert (new)

Robert Tabb (Robert_C_Tabb) Christopher,

I'm curious about your book as well as your story as an author.

message 9: by Christopher (new)

Christopher (Mahoney) | 4 comments Hi Robert - Sounds good. Send me a message with your mailing address and I can forward you a review paperback this week. Thanks for your interest! -Chris

message 10: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (Mrst_292) | 1 comments I'm interested in reading the book. I'm currently a high school teacher, but I have also taught junior high language arts. I'd love to read it!

message 11: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra Finished it, loved it, review posted. :)

Hope there are more to come, can't wait for the futher adventures.

message 12: by Sue (new)

Sue Owen (bySueOwen) | 4 comments I'd love to read your book...do you have it electronically? I write in the genre and will be posting my request for review on this site, too, but I have been doing reviews for several years and would be happy to give you my opinion on your book.

Email electronic copy to papermustang@gmail.com and I'll get you added to the list ... and that goes for anyone that belongs to this group. Just mention that group and it'll put you on the top of my review list.

Cheers!