Harry Potter Lovers discussion

The End??

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Do you think this is actually the END of Harry Potter?? The END of the series, probably, but can anything replace Harry Potter so much that no one will read them anymore??

message 2: by Lavanya, Magical Muggle (new)

Lavanya | 356 comments Mod
I don't think it will be replaced by anything else, because to be honest, I think JK Rowling's writing (forget the amazing story) alone is better than all the writing that's considered epic. I do believe that DH is the end of the series, but it's certainly not the end of Harry Potter in our world.

message 3: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (anuhearamsey) Yeah. It's the end of the series. That's what I think. But I think that through many years, people will continue reading the series. Like recently I read 7th, because I couldn't stop thinking about it.

message 4: by Pandy (new)

Pandy Tolkien's writing style is very different. It's beautiful and much more descriptive. He has far longer explanations of the different cultures and languages of the people of Middle Earth, which I personally love.

Harry Potter is more action oriented. Rowling doesn't spend so long on descriptions because she wants to keep the story moving. I wouldn't say it's better writing than Tolkien's, but I enjoy the Harry Potter books a little more. I don't think Harry Potter will be replaced ot forgotten for a long time. I do hope JKR comes out with her encyclopedia.

xXRossiya AruXx (biggestanimegeek) Britty wrote: "Do you think this is actually the END of Harry Potter?? The END of the series, probably, but can anything replace Harry Potter so much that no one will read them anymore?? "

no.

message 6: by Lavanya, Magical Muggle (new)

We are all going to have different opinions. Tolkien's writing style is beautiful, but I feel that descriptions are overdone. Whereas J.K. Rowling can actually balance descriptions with plot.

xXRossiya AruXx (biggestanimegeek) i will ALWAYS luv harry!!!

message 8: by Hazem (new)

Hazem | 933 comments Mod
its like he has become a part of our lives ...

message 9: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (anuhearamsey) Sorry, but I like the books. But don't really like Harry. I won't say why though. But I just don't really LOOVE Harry like he's part of my life. I don't LOVE him at all.

message 10: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) u can tell that the last book is in fact the last book but u can imagine a few spin offs 2 cum it tho. i luv the ending especially wen it goes in2 the future!

message 11: by Hazem (new)

Hazem | 933 comments Mod
aN!! wrote: "Sorry, but I like the books. But don't really like Harry. I won't say why though. But I just don't really LOOVE Harry like he's part of my life. I don't LOVE him at all."

ahmmmmmm..okay

message 12: by Hazem (new)

Hazem | 933 comments Mod
then ???

message 13: by Hazem (new)

Hazem | 933 comments Mod
well i agree too..its not the end for hp ..it never will be.

message 14: by Lavanya, Magical Muggle (new)

As long as people remain loyal to Harry Potter, his story will live on...in that case, Harry P's here to stay for eternity!

message 15: by Patrick (new)

Patrick (patrickreadsbooks) No way. I think these books will continue to be read by future generations, until the end of times.

♥☽Gaarazbaby12☽♥  There is no stopping Harry Potter!!!

message 17: by Weasley (new)

Weasley Rose | 74 comments Have U heard of Lois Lowry. Shes very Good. The only people who are as good as her are JK Rowling and perhaps EB White. NEway . HP will live long and fight for all that is noble and pre-shrunk and cottony.What was that Captain underpants saying again?

message 18: by Weasley (new)

Weasley Rose | 74 comments Yep

message 19: by Pandy (new)

Pandy I like Lois Lowry. I used to read a lot of her books and they were pretty engrossing, but they did get repetitive after a while.